Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heather Mills

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In that case isn't it Michael Jackson you owe

.. and Yoko Ono.

The rights were sold by John Lennon during his lifetime (obviously), but because he died before the copyright ran out it reverts back to the heirs.

The copyrights started running out in the 1990s, so the songs started trickling back to Lennons estate.

McCartney on the other end is out of luck because since he is still alive, the person who bought the copyright can keep renewing.

Apparently the breakdown is

Jackson: 25%
McCartney:25%
Lennon Estate: 50%

Jackson (and presumably Lennons estate) will still have to pay royalties to McCartney, but apparently it isn't very much to speak of.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In the mid-nineties when that Jackson fella was married to Lisa Marie Presley you had in one union, the rights to the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson songs.

Amazing eh? The 3 biggest recording artists of ALL time.

And now Jackson's broke. How'd that happen eh?

In the mid-nineties when that Jackson fella was married to Lisa Marie Presley you had in one union, the rights to the Beatles, Elvis and Michael Jackson songs.

Amazing eh? The 3 biggest recording artists of ALL time.

And now Jackson's broke. How'd that happen eh?

He got caught blowing little boys and because he's a wierdo paedo people stopped buying his records.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I used to be involved in providing the school buses that the earlier generation of McCartney children travelled on.

Believe me ... that was 'C' class transport. And it wasn't to a private school, either.

One of the little darlings was once caught travelling without a ticket. We thought about writing to his parents to let them know that there was a hardship scheme available for families who couldn't afford to pay.

Hey LB... was that to the primary school or Thomas Peacocke in Rye? If so, that was my school! Maybe I went on your buses too!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
He got caught blowing little boys and because he's a wierdo paedo people stopped buying his records.

The first bit is untrue, and the second bit hasn't been put to the test yet as he's not released a 'new' album since 2001.. an album which incidentally got to number one and sold 9 million, which is still more than many albums in the current chart are ever likely to.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
McCartney is supposed to be a bit like the Roddicks (Body Shop), they wont give/leave their children money (of course, the youngest is now rewarded by the court). Well, that's what they say to the press. Who knows what they really do.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't mind taking Mills on all-threes...

I wouldn't mind taking Mills on all-threes...

I assume you will be providing the extra stump,

she obviously likes free flowing juices .........................

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
She'd probably use her artificial leg as an impromptu paddle...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
But no so good in the hop, skip and jump...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here