Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Headlights beaming onto your rear car mirror

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
After driving for 6 years, this weekend was the first time i realised u can twist something at the bottom of your rear mirror to dim out the bright headlights from cars behind!? anyone else not know about these?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes, yes I did.

Never learnt it in driving lessons though, just noticed my dad doing it one time.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I've never heard of that before and I've been driving for yonks..will try it later as this is particularly peeving with these dark wet nights.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
You mean you've only just figured out you can change the angle of the rear view mirror? f***ing hell, are we a county of inbred redneck muppets or what?!

Anyway, most modern cars have automatic dimming on mirrors now.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
You mean you've only just figured out you can change the angle of the rear view mirror? f***ing hell, are we a county of inbred redneck muppets or what?!

Anyway, most modern cars have automatic dimming on mirrors now.

this car is one year old and it aint automatic??

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
it is one f***ing useful feature

I'll keep a lookout for you on the Rayleigh Weir sitting with a big grin on your face as I go squinting past gesticulating a the prick in the Impreza/Beamer/Range Rover behind me with with his full beams on.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
luckily i dont live near that shithole anymore, i now live in Belair (yes its actually the name of the place where i live)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
not always a flap.. it's sometimes a clip on a swivel. Every car i've driven since 1993 has had this. It's called Anti Glare and pretty sure it's in that big book (not the highway code) that the DSA advise people should at least glance in when learning to drive!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It took me six years to realise what that long storky thing was, it wasnt somewhere to rest my left hand at all and when I moved it the engine stopped making such a loud noise. Saved me a bomb on petrol as well. Amazing what you miss really.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Some cars (BMW) have a sensor in the mirror that dips it when detecting strong headlights behind. Bloody clever them Crouts.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
My P plate Capri Ghia had one & I bought it (second hand) in '83.
It also had a steering wheel and pnumatic tyres, the pressure of which you had to check every week or so.
Oh and it needed petrol to run on, which you had to buy and squirt into a hole in the side of the go-along-the-road-thingy commonly called a CAR.
Jeez.

When are they going to invent a device that jabs drivers hard in the ribs if they put fog lights on in the rain at night?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
you are f***ing kidding me?

6 years............!

hate to see your parking skills, do you know the car has a gear that lets it goes backwards.......:lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I thought the little thing under the rear view mirror was to hang the air freshener on,god knows what women will do now when they realise that there is something else for them to remember to adjust :lol:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
you are f***ing kidding me?

6 years............!

hate to see your parking skills, do you know the car has a gear that lets it goes backwards.......:lolol:

My 2 mates from england who are here with me have driven for the same time and both never knew either!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here