Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Headlights beaming onto your rear car mirror

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Put a red bulb in the internal light & drive with it on, For some reason this stops glare from other cars. :D

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Some cars (BMW) have a sensor in the mirror that dips it when detecting strong headlights behind. Bloody clever them Crouts.

Yeah, my car does that. Didn't know if there was a little knob to manually adjust it on my previous cars though. This is news to me.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
would say more of a switch im cars i have had............from alfas to astons. never had to turn to make it change angle?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I often have to bend my rearview mirror some way over to avoid the curse of dazzle. On occasions I have had to adjust my wing mirrors too to avoid the dazzle from some prat with double decker mal-adjusted headlights parked 10 feet off my tail who thinks he's driving the mothership from Close Encounters..:shootself

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's a flap on mine... I don't know how the hell anyone's ever managed to do motorway/dual carriageway driving at night (safely) without knowing this!

WTF? Are you talking about changing the angle of the mirrors? Obviously you should do that before you set off on any journey, especially if like me you like to sit way back in your chair giving attitude to all the other drivers at red lights.

If not how do you do this dimming thing then?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i didnt know about it for many years either and have no recollection of what brought it to my attention. dont think i remember anyone in my family ever using it. i dont like it in the town but its a godsend on the motorway.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
After driving for 6 years, this weekend was the first time i realised u can twist something at the bottom of your rear mirror to dim out the bright headlights from cars behind!? anyone else not know about these?

Wow you must have gone to a really shite University if you are that stupid..........:jester:

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Been over here for ages, but also you can gat a ticket for following too closely with your high beams on. Don't know if it's the same in the UK.

Seagull Stew

I find that slowing down, allowing the offending car to pass and then tailgaiting them with my lights on FULL BEAM is far more effective!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here