Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hbos

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Had a big hit with Set Adrift On Memory Bliss, that's how.

seen proof of this now. $80M in 2 days - 1 guy did 40 bucks. Suprisingly most of it ws not made through shorting singles; they just predicted moves flawlessly and loaded up on variance.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Back to the subject. The Lloyds/Tsb/HBOS £ 12 000 000 000 " merger " will stablise the 4 lenders of HBOS. nyone with mortgage with the Halifac Plc, Bank of Scotland, Birmingham Midshires, Intelligent Finance and ( The Mortgage Business ) should see no change in that thye will pay the mortgage as usual with the rate they obtained albeit it under a differenent trading name. Its good news that this lender who holds 20% of the UK mortgage book has been stabilised but bad news in that a huge amount of the mortgage market choice has been wiped out.

The new group will have nearly 30% of all the mortgages in the UK. The mortgage market is fast becoming a Cartel of 4 lenders, The Lloyds C&G/Halifax. Nationwide Bs, Abbey and the Woolwich.

The amount of lenders is shrinking daily and I can only see this continuing. As it stands the 4 in the cartel boss the mortgage market and call all the shots. These 4 can maniplulate rates and fees between them and the other lenders fast becoming even smaller fish in a smaller pond will not have the financial clout to be able to beat off this cartel.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
seen proof of this now. $80M in 2 days - 1 guy did 40 bucks. Suprisingly most of it ws not made through shorting singles; they just predicted moves flawlessly and loaded up on variance.

Bless. You didn't get my crap joke at all, did you?

Set adrift.... is a song.

By PM Dawn.

Which sounds a bit like PM Sent.

Which you posted.

And Carwash asked if you knew a P M Sent.

So I said...

Jokes are always funnier when explained.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells

sure the FSA will be very pleased to know that your mate has been showing you PROOF.......

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Bless. You didn't get my crap joke at all, did you?

Set adrift.... is a song.

By PM Dawn.

Which sounds a bit like PM Sent.

Which you posted.

And Carwash asked if you knew a P M Sent.

So I said...

Jokes are always funnier when explained.

that fat dude with the glasses yer I remember

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stock brokers have contributed greatly to under mining the HBOS group so it its name and reputation were beyond repair. The business was basically sound but people were taking money out and running to the hills.

This is very bad news whatever way you slice it.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Stock brokers have contributed greatly to under mining the HBOS group so it its name and reputation were beyond repair. The business was basically sound but people were taking money out and running to the hills.

Reinforces my comments on the other thread about stock brokers.:thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No doubt some of them will be able to buy a new 6 bed detached house with pool in a leafy village in Surrey somewhere on the back of this particular bit of business.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Spielberg
People saying oh another Bank will take on the mortgage book are woefully incorrect.

Consdiering HBOS have between 25-30% of the UK mortgage book there is not the capacity for other Banks to take on that amount of new mortgages.

don't agree, at all.

every financial asset has a potential owner, at the right price. if the portfolio is sold at say 50% are you saying that no financial institution will be interested? of course there will be a buyer.

and your second statement is also wrong. this is a global economy!

and i got my wrist slapped for that post! ho-ho....

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner

Could They Not Have Just Changed Their Name Though, Garth? Something A Bit More Dynamic And 21st Century - Like "Rock Steady Portcullis Uber Bank".

That Name Sounds Safe And Big.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not really mate their business was too damaged to continuing trading a name chance would not have stopped that. I will be interested to see what the new Uber Bank will be called as it now incorporates

Lloyds Bank
Tsb Bank
Cheltenham & Gloucester
Halifax
Bank of Scotland
Birmingham Midshires
Intelligent Finance
The Mortgage Business

"Stockbrokers" have nothing to do with the collapse of HBOS. Why do you have to comment on things you clearly know nothing about as if you are some kind of expert? It is very annoying. Who ran to the hills with HBOS money for example? That is theft, if you have evidence of this please let the authorities know.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The savers were withdrawing money and running to the hills on the back os scare mongering stories punted about by stockbrokers that is no trade secret even the government and FSA were commenting on it and looking into it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here