Have you had Covid?

• Total voters

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Have a lovely break, are you off work?

Yes. The situation at the moment has made it impossible and I can't really go back until I've had my booster. My boss has been very sensible about everything but I don't get any pay while at home so trying to find those footy winners is even more important. :)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I read somewhere that because it easily transmissible but only gives mild symptoms that is a good sign that it is killing its self off, anyone know if that's true.
When should we get the full data about the new variant regarding how severe the symptoms are.

According to Dr. Susan Hopkins, chief medical adviser at the UK Health Security Agency, between Christmas and New Year, and the first week of January:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...-variant-estimated-3-5-dr-susan-hopkins-video

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I have never tested positive for it but before the first lockdown I was working in Central London and caught something that had a lot of the same symptoms as the original Covid - sore throat, temperature and aches and pains but no headache or runny nose - but it only lasted for three days and I was able to go to work (not knowing any better at the time).

Since then if I have had it then it was asymptomatic although I have never failed a LFTPCD test.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
I voted not yet. But there is no god for me to thank. More likely sensible politicians running this country and being careful..

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Yes, I went down with what I thought was a cold at the end of July, tested negative with Lateral Flow tests, but by the end of the week I developed such a severe headache I ended up at A&E where they never suspected (or tested for) Covid, but they were concerned that I may be having a stroke.

I was discharged the same evening and allowed to get a taxi home, but the following day I felt like I was having an asthma attack, so started my emergency course of steroids.

It was only when I spoke to my GP on the Monday, that I was advised to request a PCR test as the LFTs are unreliable if you have any of the symptoms. I tested positive and was grateful that I was double jabbed (I am classed as extremely venerable).

I spent around 5 days solid in bed, and had difficulty concentrating on anything, so I was back at work on the following week (as I have been working from home since March 2020).

I still haven't regained my sense of taste totally.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
7 month old daughter got it two weeks ago and then passed it on to me and gf, all double jabbed. My antigen test was negative but pcr positive

I Cant taste or smell anything 10 days in. Next test is on 22nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm up north near Liverpool at the moment.

Train up here from London was horrendous. Usual train was cancelled and they stuck on one with much less carriages jam packed.

Just before Crewe they told us the train would be terminating and were rammed on another.

50% compliance of wask wearing even some of the staff couldn't be arsed. Rammed.

Ok I thought, this is my time, good.Omnicrom tearing through London and I've just been on Omnicrom express up to visit elderly relatives.

Took some tests with me and waited 24 hours. Negative of course and no symptoms.

I catch ****ing everything but not this so far.

No idea.

Posted a number of times about the three bouts of "influenza" I had previous to the March lockdown. I even took myself off to Northern Spain in the late January to try and get over it.

I either had it ( doubtful since too early ) or possibly those horrific flu episodes trained my immune system to deal with it.

Alternatively because I utterly shat myself after contracting influenza three times in a few months and being told my immune system was compromised as the pandemic struck, I'm the poster boy on how to avoid it.

I was locked down in the February. Waking up with my chest on fire in the middle of the night.

Will take some point in the future to try and find out why I haven't had it (or did VERY early) because I'm fascinated.

Not some paranoid idiot by the way, just surrounded by vulnerable relatives and I lost one who caught it in hospital. Trying to do the right thing but seemingly bullet proof.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Yes, I went down with what I thought was a cold at the end of July, tested negative with Lateral Flow tests, but by the end of the week I developed such a severe headache I ended up at A&E where they never suspected (or tested for) Covid, but they were concerned that I may be having a stroke.

I was discharged the same evening and allowed to get a taxi home, but the following day I felt like I was having an asthma attack, so started my emergency course of steroids.

It was only when I spoke to my GP on the Monday, that I was advised to request a PCR test as the LFTs are unreliable if you have any of the symptoms. I tested positive and was grateful that I was double jabbed (I am classed as extremely venerable).

I spent around 5 days solid in bed, and had difficulty concentrating on anything, so I was back at work on the following week (as I have been working from home since March 2020).

I still haven't regained my sense of taste totally.

Sounds like you had it bad and glad you're nearly there back to normal. Hopefully the New Year will see your sense of taste return.

Meanwhile, what a brilliant predictive text 'I am classed as extremely venerable'. Too good to let it pass unnoticed even within such a serious post.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm up north near Liverpool at the moment.

Train up here from London was horrendous. Usual train was cancelled and they stuck on one with much less carriages jam packed.

Just before Crewe they told us the train would be terminating and were rammed on another.

50% compliance of wask wearing even some of the staff couldn't be arsed. Rammed.

Ok I thought, this is my time, good.Omnicrom tearing through London and I've just been on Omnicrom express up to visit elderly relatives.

Took some tests with me and waited 24 hours. Negative of course and no symptoms.

I catch ****ing everything but not this so far.

No idea.

Posted a number of times about the three bouts of "influenza" I had previous to the March lockdown. I even took myself off to Northern Spain in the late January to try and get over it.

I either had it ( doubtful since too early ) or possibly those horrific flu episodes trained my immune system to deal with it.

Alternatively because I utterly shat myself after contracting influenza three times in a few months and being told my immune system was compromised as the pandemic struck, I'm the poster boy on how to avoid it.

I was locked down in the February. Waking up with my chest on fire in the middle of the night.

Will take some point in the future to try and find out why I haven't had it (or did VERY early) because I'm fascinated.

Not some paranoid idiot by the way, just surrounded by vulnerable relatives and I lost one who caught it in hospital. Trying to do the right thing but seemingly bullet proof.
Did you try PCR tests at all? I don't believe LFTs work. So many people I know have had false negatives with them.

I can't believe you had flu as, aparantly, flu has disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Tested positive on Saturday, but having had both jabs and the booster (a month ago), my symptoms, thankfully, are those of a common cold; sore throat, sniffles, sneezes and a dry cough. I'm also sleeping really well, too.

Frustrating being 'grounded' for 10 days before and during Christmas (I hadn't finished my Crimbo shopping), but as I'm fully vaxxed, and only have very mild symptoms, I really consider myself quite lucky. .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tested positive on Saturday, but having had both jabs and the booster (a month ago), my symptoms, thankfully, are those of a common cold; sore throat, sniffles, sneezes and a dry cough. I'm also sleeping really well, too.

Ditto.

Did you go to the Amex on Wednesday? I’m suspecting that’s where I picked this up.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Ditto.

Did you go to the Amex on Wednesday? I’m suspecting that’s where I picked this up.

No. Haven't got a clue how or where I picked this up!

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Just logged in to check if my account and posts have been deleted, but [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] probably hasn't got around to it just yet.

However it may be of interest to some here that I tested positive for covid yesterday. Almost certain it is the omicron variant because of its unique symptoms (specifically ungodly night sweats last night). Not sure if the variant type is confirmed with the PCR test?

Either way, absolutely gutted to have to self isolate for the next 9 days.

:bigwave:

Hope you're OK, glad to see you back - stick around now and let's forget about the account deletion, eh?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I'm in the same boat as you, tested positive last week but aside from some pretty uncomfortable stomach pains on day one it's been no worse than a cold.

Interesting what you said about sleeping though. I don't sleep well full stop. If I get 4 hours a night I'm happy. Consequently very rarely set an alarm. Went to bed about midnight last night. This morning I woke up at about 7:30 which is unheard of. I didn't have to be up for a bit so rolled over and must have gone again as next thing I know it's 8:50.

Typically I feel absolutely shattered now!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Avoided it so far but I think it’s inevitable we are all going to get this sometime unless you are a person that chooses to self isolate. I got pinged by the NHS app but all the lateral flow tests I’ve had have been negative.
My daughter due back Christmas told us today she has it and will not now be with us. Due to go away New Year’s Eve but have decided to cancel as don’t fancy isolating away from home if we get it.
Just when normality is creeping back this new strain kicks us in the teeth.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Just logged in to check if my account and posts have been deleted, but [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] probably hasn't got around to it just yet.

However it may be of interest to some here that I tested positive for covid yesterday. Almost certain it is the omicron variant because of its unique symptoms (specifically ungodly night sweats last night). Not sure if the variant type is confirmed with the PCR test?

Either way, absolutely gutted to have to self isolate for the next 9 days.

Out of interest have you had your booster?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here