Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

• Total voters

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I tested positive this morning. Terrible night sweats, a bit achy and a super sore throat but can’t complain overall. I worked at home all day yesterday and managed okay so hopefully that gives people reassurance.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Did you try PCR tests at all? I don't believe LFTs work. So many people I know have had false negatives with them.

I can't believe you had flu as, aparantly, flu has disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Well it clearly hadn't prior to initial March lockdown had it ?

.. and the Covid PCR tests didn't exist.

( Read, think, post )

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I had it in early October - possibly picked it up at the Arsenal game? I do LFTs twice weekly for work, and the one on the Monday morning was positive, as was the PCR that followed.

I was double jabbed at the time, had been since May, and have now had my booster too.

It wasn't too bad. I had a temperature for a few days, headaches, a bit of a cold. I was back to work straight after quarantine, and the biggest problem I had was enormous fatigue - I fell asleep as soon as I got home, every day, for several weeks.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’m pretty sure I had it, but not confirmed. I worked through the first lockdown and there was a point early on where I felt terrible.

At the start of lockdown I was living in a shared house/HMO with 4 other people who all worked in customer facing jobs. Luckily my old man lives in Shoreham so I moved in to his as he wasn’t there. About a week after moving in I had a horrible cough and was unbelievably fatigued and ached all over. I couldn’t walk the 500 meters from the train station to his house after work and the even shorter walk from my work to the bus stop were proving difficult for me unless I stopped to recover.

There was only 3 of us in work as we weren’t able to work from home and it was essential we had a few people in the warehouse to keep things ticking over. I said how bad I felt to the big boss who went out and got one of those thermometer guns for the next day. Soon as I got in the front door I had to wait for him to take my temperature. The first time it was used on me my temperature came in at just under 32 degrees celcius. “Yep, you’re good to work, you haven’t got a temperature.” On future days my temperature was so low that I had to rub my forehead so the friction would raise my temperature enough for it to show up. Despite the thermometer obviously being broken as it continually claimed that I was a frozen corpse our boss took it as gospel and I worked through feeling the worst I’ve ever felt for 2 weeks.

To add salt to the wounds, I missed one day with a stomach bug later on in lockdown so missed out on a cash bonus that everyone who had worked throughout lockdown received. Brilliant.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just logged in to check if my account and posts have been deleted, but [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] probably hasn't got around to it just yet.

However it may be of interest to some here that I tested positive for covid yesterday. Almost certain it is the omicron variant because of its unique symptoms (specifically ungodly night sweats last night). Not sure if the variant type is confirmed with the PCR test?

Either way, absolutely gutted to have to self isolate for the next 9 days.

Hope you get over it quickly. Genuine question given your previous views - any regrets at not getting jabbed ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am confused.

It seems some people test negative shortly after getting over covid. Others take weeks or even months before they test negative.

So can you make the decision and stop isolating after 7 days (if you are vaccinated), even if you still test positive or are you supposed to be getting a negative test before you can leave self isolation?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hope you get over it quickly. Genuine question given your previous views - any regrets at not getting jabbed ?

So many posts about this from him on here, but didn’t he categorically state a few weeks ago that he was immune anyway? :shrug:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I am confused.

It seems some people test negative shortly after getting over covid. Others take weeks or even months before they test negative.

So can you make the decision and stop isolating after 7 days (if you are vaccinated), even if you still test positive or are you supposed to be getting a negative test before you can leave self isolation?

7 days if you have negative tests on day 6 and 7, otherwise 10 days. 7 day rule hasn’t been through a law change yet so the official docs haven’t been updated.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ation-and-treatment/how-long-to-self-isolate/

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am confused.

No, you need a negative test on day 6 & day 7 of isolation to be released from the 10 day isolation early.

I have my day 6 test today. Stakes are big with Christmas freedom on the table.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No, you need a negative test on day 6 & day 7 of isolation to be released from the 10 day isolation early.

I have my day 6 test today. Stakes are big with Christmas freedom on the table.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have covid at the moment. I believe I caught it at the Ropetackle 13 days ago on the Friday and a great night it was too. On the Monday night I started feeling rough with a terrible sore throat and a bad cough. I tested negative the next two days. On the Thursday a mate from the Ropetackle night phoned up and said he was positve. I took a test on the Thursday which was positve. We (my wife had it by this time) had PCR tests at East Brighton Park and they were both positive. We have had calls from test and trace and had difficulty understanding the callers. They took names of contacts but no details. I am still coughing and waiting for negative results so we can get together at Christmas. Fingers crossed.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I'm doing antibody tests in 2 weeks time for the NHS, and again 2 weeks after that, following my PCR test.

Is everyone asked to do this?
Perhaps you opted in. I signed up for tests and it was a month or two before I was asked. I did antibody tests in October. Had antibodies present in my blood. Sadly didn't stop me catching the darned thing again in December.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I'm now fully recovered from covid (physically), although I'm still testing positive.

Of course I don't regret anything while the outcome wouldn't have been much different, or considering that the illness itself has been little more than an inconvenience to me.

How do you know the outcome wouldn't have been much different?

Unless you live in a parallel universe in which you are fully jabbed, you have no way of knowing this.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
No, I haven't had any vaccinations.

First two days were horrible. Had no energy to do anything, even get up from where I was sitting. No appetite. Insatiable coldness. Terrible headache, but ibuprofen got rid of that effectively. Major brain fog, wouldn't have been able to do any work.

Severe night sweats the first two nights, sheets drenched. Woke up numerous times with beads of sweat rolling down me. Never had anything like that before, but this is one unique symptom of the Omicron variant apparently.

Day three I was virtually symptomless, although still didn't feel quite right.

Now on day 4, I feel as right as rain, but I'm still coming back as positive on the LFT tests which is frustrating. I'm self isolating and according to the new rules if I come back negative on day 6 and 7 I can be free again in just a few days time.

I'm afraid I've no sympathy for you then if you've not had your vaccinations. Stop being a prick and get your jabs. You might have been able to get rid of your headache with Ibuprofen but what about those who you might have passed it on to unwittingly? Some of them could be in hospital now.

We all need to play our part and think of others.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I have covid at the moment. I believe I caught it at the Ropetackle 13 days ago on the Friday and a great night it was too. On the Monday night I started feeling rough with a terrible sore throat and a bad cough. I tested negative the next two days. On the Thursday a mate from the Ropetackle night phoned up and said he was positve. I took a test on the Thursday which was positve. We (my wife had it by this time) had PCR tests at East Brighton Park and they were both positive. We have had calls from test and trace and had difficulty understanding the callers. They took names of contacts but no details. I am still coughing and waiting for negative results so we can get together at Christmas. Fingers crossed.

It sounds like your self-isolation period has virtually ended (ie, about 10 days after symptoms first appeared). The problem with continually testing after this period is that some people can test positive for MONTHS afterwards, but they are not contagious. The Govt guidance is: "You can return to your normal routine and stop self-isolating after 10 full days if your symptoms have gone, or if the only symptoms you have are a cough or anosmia, which can last for several weeks. If you still have a high temperature after 10 days or are otherwise unwell, stay at home and seek medical advice."

I'm not suggesting you immediately rush out and join the hordes in Sainsbury's, but you may still be able to enjoy Christmas.....

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I have self isolated from the moment I had symptoms.

If I was vaccinated there is a good chance I would have been symptomless and spread it to countless more people than I am now, which is pretty much how this omicron variant is spreading so quickly.

I am following the guidelines. I am doing the right thing. I am doing my antibody test in 2 weeks time, and again in 2 weeks after that.

So go do one you self righteous prick.

If I understand your comment correctly, you are:
1) blaming the vaccinated for spreading Omicron so quickly, but more interestingly,
2) by saying 'there is a good chance I would have been symptomless', you are inadvertently admitting that vaccination works in that you wouldn't have been so ill.

Gotcha!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
99% certain I had it in March 2020, but there was no testing at the time. Had all the classic symptoms, but pretty mild. Feverish sweats at night, then very sudden terrible flu-like symptoms, shortness of breath, and a dry cough that lasted weeks.

I blame the Spurs fan who used to sit next to me at work. He went to see them play away in Europe, against Leipzig, in mid-March. I had a discussion with him at the time and he was saying 'I shouldn't go really, should I?'. Then he didn't turn up the days either side of the match and fessed up when he got back. I went down with it five days later.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here