Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Have you had Covid?

Have you had Covid?

• Total voters

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Not sure why I haven't had it, I work in loads of different schools across North, north east,and east London. Sometimes 120 kids in a day. I always seem to be covering for teachers with Covid. I travel on countless packed trains and tubes. Then the rest of the week I decorate in different houses. My wife supplies as well. But I think getting the train from Aldrington to the match must have been my last spin of the roulette wheel. We've had our boosters and wait the inevitable.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Heads up for a walk in stabbing. St Mary Magdalene church in Coldean, probably too late for today, (queue for about an hour) but open again on Sunday from, I think, 9.30am.
Do it people, vaccinations save lives.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Super seagulls and super sensitive. The use of God in this instance is simply as a phrase to describe feeling lucky.

If as you say, there is no God then the corollary for that view is that ultimately there is no meaning in life, therefore all arguments, especially those involving arguing about whether a deity exists are futile.

The phrase has been pointed out to me already, i explained that I thought it inappropriate considering the amount of lives lost.

To your next point.
How does understanding that there cannot be a God mean there is no meaning in life?
That makes as much sense as religion. (None)

If you boil everything down, then yes everything is futile. But that would lead to a sad existence indeed.

Live, Love, Laugh. Enjoy Life.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If you could just post Potter out polls, that would be great.
In BTW, praise the Lord.

You *******, you are trying to get me banned aren’t you? :wink:
[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] is waiting patiently with his banning finger poised :lolol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Incredibly no. 66 and overweight so should have been one of the first to catch it. Shop working with idiot customers who think they are all exempt. Daughter caught it and she lives with us. Tested daily and still didn't catch it. Triple jabbed. Just hope when I do get it I'll survive as it seems the drugs do work.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
All (me, mrs, 17yo, 14yo) caught it (Delta variant) @ Universal Studios FL in late July. Odd symptoms, wife worst (still no smell/taste). Like a week long hangover. No cough, mild headaches, fatigue, no fever but night sweats, low appetite. Boys bounced back in 48 hours. No apparent long time effects. Don't want it again, wouldn't wish it on anyone else, but living life as no point hiding. I think Omi will be fast moving and help us exit the madness.

D

Deleted member 2719

I somehow feel this poll is not a good representation of what has actually happened outside of the Nsc bubble.

Out of just people I communicate with regularly with, it appears to be a 70% have had it 30% have not.

I wonder if this is due to the age of the board??

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I somehow feel this poll is not a good representation of what has actually happened outside of the Nsc bubble.

Out of just people I communicate with regularly with, it appears to be a 70% have had it 30% have not.

I wonder if this is due to the age of the board??

Good point. Probably best to scrap the poll, and use your statistics based on your own demographic of people you communicate with instead. This will be much more representative.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Incredibly no. 66 and overweight so should have been one of the first to catch it. Shop working with idiot customers who think they are all exempt. Daughter caught it and she lives with us. Tested daily and still didn't catch it. Triple jabbed. Just hope when I do get it I'll survive as it seems the drugs do work.
I catch everything to such an extent I was at the Doctors in February ( just before it hit) who had worries about my immune system.

I've been ULTRA careful for a variety of reasons but have had no sign of anything. With the flu jab on top and lockdown and I've clear of that too for the first time in years.

I test myself regularly and that has everything to do with who I am in contact with and the reason I am so careful.

It doesn't change the way I behave, but I've come to the conclusion my immune system knows how to deal with this one after being knocked senseless (yes really) with influenza for a number of years.

In 6 months before the pandemic I had flu three times. Not a cold, I know the difference.

The last one could have been Covid, but it would have very very early and I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

Good point. Probably best to scrap the poll, and use your statistics based on your own demographic of people you communicate with instead. This will be much more representative.

I hardly said that.

It was just an observation, so what's the percentages from your work/social circle???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I haven't had Covid

But then again. I have been drinking bleach and lieing on a sun bed so that I get lots of ultra violet light running through me for a couple of years now

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I've not and I've been commuting back and forth to work on the train when others have not; what I haven't been is in places where lots of people are talking loudly (pubs, restaurants), which I suspect might make the difference.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
No, no I haven't. I have however, been to work as normal all the way through the pandemic and gone to every football match that I can. Travelling by train from Brighton to Falmer and by coach to aways.
I wear a mask on the trains when they are rammed but not in the concourses or in the stands.

Am I just lucky or have the Government and media just hyped this thing up out of all proportion to the reality?

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
No, no I haven't. I have however, been to work as normal all the way through the pandemic and gone to every football match that I can. Travelling by train from Brighton to Falmer and by coach to aways.
I wear a mask on the trains when they are rammed but not in the concourses or in the stands.

Am I just lucky or have the Government and media just hyped this thing up out of all proportion to the reality?

I think you know the answer to that one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here