Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have We Wrestled Back Control of Our City From the Premiership Plastics?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
what great news!

We shop in Kidderminster and in 10 years or so I don't think I've ever seen a Kidderminster Harriers shirt in evidence. Sad the extent to which the plastic fan has been created and small wonder that non-EPL sides struggle to assert any sort of identity

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I suppose the hard work of the club, and not to mention the loyal fans who in no doubt inspired the players to move forward in the league has paid off. I'm 20 tomorrow, never really was into football properly. I'd watch it, but was never really a follower of any particular club. Of course I always kept an eye out for Brighton, but I was more into my bikes than anything. Yes, a JCL I am. But I'm willing to make up for the time lost by following regardless of the result.

The club has bought a lot of pride to the city since the new stadium, perhaps such pride was absent because of the loss of the Goldstone...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't live in Brighton and was surprised on a visit on a Friday a couple of weeks ago just how much Albion attire I spotted. And it will only get better once the stadium is expanded and more fans can turn up on a match-to-match basis.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I suppose the hard work of the club, and not to mention the loyal fans who in no doubt inspired the players to move forward in the league has paid off. I'm 20 tomorrow, never really was into football properly. I'd watch it, but was never really a follower of any particular club. Of course I always kept an eye out for Brighton, but I was more into my bikes than anything. Yes, a JCL I am. But I'm willing to make up for the time lost by following regardless of the result.

The club has bought a lot of pride to the city since the new stadium, perhaps such pride was absent because of the loss of the Goldstone...

You're not a JCL, you're a new supporter and most level headed fans and club will welcome you and all others that are put down by a minority. JCL is a name made up by self important non entities.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I teach over Shoreham way and from my classroom see the kids going out to after school football club. Interesting that year 5 to 6 club have a few Albion tops but loads more Albion tops in year 3 to 4 club. The younger you are, the more impressionable you are. Also increased as the last 2 years we have had two different pairs of players linked to the school. I have been teaching 20 years locally and before then never saw an Albion player in any school I worked in once. God bless Tony Bloom..................and Gully who the kids love!! Also Wayne Potbury (are they one and the same?) has definitely helped turn things around so respect to him too!!!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
You're not a JCL, you're a new supporter and most level headed fans and club will welcome you and all others that are put down by a minority. JCL is a name made up by self important non entities.

Too bloody right LB. Seen kids and a few dads come round to the Albion recently and I welcome every one of them!

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Loads more Albion shirts than before in the coaching sessions I've done and seen.

A lot of them say they support someone else as well but it's a start I guess.

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
At my son's training sessions it is now almost 100% Albion!

Alan Cundle

May 22, 2008
Brighton
This was finally confirmed to me when looking round Clinton Cards in the City near Bank at Christmas, where the official BHA calendar was sitting proudly amongst our Premiershit rivals. And Palace's was not to be seen!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Well whilst taking my two year old to his football in dulwich 4 MILES FROM SELHURST was shocked to see another lad in the blue and white stripes, and not a Palace top in sight! In fact ive hardly ever seen a Palace top round here. Poor old Palace.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
all my friends are turning to the light except one stubborn man utd fan but he is a halfwit so its alright

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I've noticed it in Worthing lately - far more Albion shirts than there used to be.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Took my two boys and their mate to the park for a kick about today and all had replica home kits on, on the adjoining pitch were about 6 or 7 lads aged about 11-13, one had an Albion goalkeepers jersey on and two others had Albion kits of Some kind, a great sign of the times and it seems the Albion are fast becoming something to be proud of. Great marketing from the club and my 5 year olds favourite 'book' at the moment is the Albion club shop catalogue!

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
It's brilliant isn't it!

When I can't go I like my tickets have been used by a friend and his son - neither had been to watch the Albion before. A few quid in the club shop and there is a very proud 9-year old in Lewes who has school playground kudos for having been to THE ground.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Ive noticed a massive change at my daughters school. When she first started all the boys wore ManUre, Arsenal & Chelsea tops. 5 years on I picked her up from Netball practice last week and the football training that was being held at the same time was being played solely by kids in Brighton & a couple of England tops. In fact the only non Albion club shirt on display was worn by the teacher who was sporting a retro 1979 Arsenal top.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh and it aint just Brighton - far from it. Albion all over Sussex - even more so now.

1000% THIS. BHA the team of Sussex.

(HB&B please note)

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I see loads of kids i know in Lewes who all used to support one of the "big 4" who are now wearing BHA shirts and going to the games with their dads. Good to see, although i have brainwashed my daughter into supporting the Hammers !!!

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Jevs we where talking about big clubs not whu LOL.

you going to the elly sunday?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

This is what REALLY annoys me about this whole JCL thing. On one hand people are desperate to convert the Chelsea's, the Man U's etc but on the other hand they get called a JCL for doing so! The more kids/adults spending money in the club shop and ditching their Nike shit the better. I have said for months that it is a beautiful site and LONG may it continue! JCL's all welcome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here