Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatred for Leon Knight - please explain

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leon Knight is a precocious little twat with a mega ego. Despite that he did have the skills to make him shine out in the lower leagues. He did score some smashing goals for us but when up against big defenders they just crowded him out. Made himself look classy against carthorse defenders in Div 2 and 3 but never proved this against Championship defenders who were more savvy to players of his stature.

This is the man who in the changing room at Whit Hart Lane was claiming that Jermain Defoe was not fit to clean his boots! Although i don't rate wiliam's love child i believe mr knight may have had a high opinion of himself!???

Er..... and explain why, what he thought of himself, makes ANY difference to you?

Do you need a psychology report on every player before you deem his numerous goals worth celebrating??
Next, you'll be wanting every Brighton player to have taste in music that you approve of!

Perhaps there should be a bio on how players see themselves, in case we accidentally cheer a player who already has self esteem or (gasp) confidence. The rest of the squad also has to LIKE the goalscorer, and all be invited to every one of his parties. :rolleyes:

I really don't care if a regular goalscorer is stark raving bonkers, and talks like Charles Manson if he's banging 'em in for us every week!

Fixtures

Aug 12, 2007
The great man not even on the bench for the Dons today. Is he sulking or did he fall out of his pram again?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I don't think he played at all in December.

Anyone know why - injury? out-of-form? suspension ? fall-out with manager/team-mates?

Pray do tell if ye know.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
2. When we played an away match in that championship relegation year (can't remember where, for the life of me). A few of the junior seagulls had congregated around the team coach as it arrived and several of them including one of my boys cheered on Leon as he got off the coach. The **** just turned around and glared

Should have said 'turned around and glared up at them'. ;)

He wasn't happy when we had him on loan because he was played on the wing when he sees himself as a striker. He incurred the wrath of QPR fans for a few reasons ...

1) Fell for the Coppell loyalty speech (just before Coppell left) and chose you over us. Holloway not guaranteeing him he wouldn't put him back on the wing may have affected his decision.
2) A feeling he had a tendency to simulate, which I believe is the official FIFA-approved terminology.
3) Went down in the penalty area like he'd been punched in the head after Clarke Carlisle punched him in the head.

I think if he wasn't such a Billy Bigboots, he may have achieved what he was capable of, which is a bit higher than where he is at the mo.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Incidentally, let's not forget what the name 'team manager' means. It includes the management of players, and that includes their position on the field, their fitness, their ability/familiarity with the ball and other players,...... and their attitudes.

For all that's said about 'LK's attitude', it didn't seem too bad when he joined BHA, and it didn't affect his goalscoring then, did it !?

Strange how we had a couple of outstanding players at the same time, under the same manager, whose attitudes went downhill so far that we had to almost give them away! How was that 'managed' ??

Is this the same manager who turned in a £2.5million transfer profit for the club whilst he was in charge?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
(warning: post may contain an objective and thoughtfull question)

the thing is, did Mcghee start to put Knight out on the wing after he was found out by defenders? iirc his goals from open play dried up in the second half of his first season. was that due to the change of position or was the change of position a responce? Was Mcghee saying, you're a shit forward, play on the wing; or was he saying your a good player whos being squeezed out in the middle, so play down the wing? ???

Leon stopped scoring from open play the second time he came up against the same defenders in his first season with us.

I don't think he was put out on the wing until he'd proved that he couldn't score playing down the middle in the Championship.

The other ingredient to his prolific spell that most people overlook was Darius Henderson.

I always thought Leon had the talent to succeed if he really wanted it. I never warmed to him as an Albion player as I hate divers and consider him to be one.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
leons other problem you seem so keen on avoiding is that allegedly(and there have been several threads on here and elsewhere)he is a mug punter who needs a signing on fee to keep his bookie of his back.

it has been suggested that he needs to engineer regular moves to generate large cash sums

these opinions are not neccessarily mine-or my lawyers,but i dont want to get sued

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Clubs he has been at and left being despised by the fans

BHA
QPR
Huddersfield
Swansea

You forgot Sheff Wed. The first time he played back at Hillsborough, he got into a punch up with their players (who remembered his attitude there) and got banned for the first three games that we played in the Championship, for bringing the game into disrepute. He whinged to Chris Turner that he was being played on the wing there.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
leon knight,he's alright(for about a year or so)

sorry nice mr histler every other fucker on here can see how flawed your ruined by mark magee defence is.

isn't it about time this thread(and your purile defence of the striker who cant breach a defence anymore) got sent to childish ramblings where it belongs.

thanks for the memories leon, its a pity that some fools on here devalue them

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I agree with everything Gritt says above, but I still can't abide little Leon.

I can honestly say that I never liked him, even in that 27 goal season. Of course I loved it when he won games for us, and celebrated his goals as I would any other, but I never warmed to the guy. He always seemed arrogant, and I so hate to see a Brighton player baltantly diving. He seemed to spend half of every game sitting on the turf whinging.

You don't have to LIKE every player do you? Even some of the good ones.

Similarly I never liked Kurt Nogan or Paul Dickov much either!

this is the correct viewpoint,he simply wasnt BHAFC material......anyone who was at Hillsborough that day he dived more times than the Olympic diving team which resulted in the whole albion away end shouting their fed up embarrassed hatred for him will know what im talking about

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here