Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatred for Leon Knight - please explain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's a poisonous little c*nt, who has left every club he has played at under a cloud.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Clubs he has been at and left being despised by the fans

BHA
QPR
Huddersfield
Swansea

Sorry mate, Huddersfield fans loved him and still do. and he didnt leave Hudds under a cloud, they didnt have the money available at the time to buy him

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The little jumped up twat played for McGhee for longer than he's played for anyone else and at a higher level for most of that time than he's managed with anyone else'

Quite how McGhee can be slated for that when every other lower level manager so far has lost patience with him much quicker than MM did Surely that makes the posters of the clown hilarity every bit as much of a clown as it does McGhee is doesn't it?

Especially as one has gone on to better things than the Albion and is making a great job of it, and the other has dropped two divisions.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Grossly misunderstood player, who regularly poked the ball into the net (about as regularly as Albion hero Zamora, for a while), but strangely got played out of position by the manager.
.[/QUO

You didn't see how incapable he was of outpacing or beating Championship defenders then? Useless through the middle at that level and too self important to go play on the wing where he could have contributed something if he didn't have such a shit attitude. McGhee was right to put him on the wing as he was useless is any other position at the level we were playing at.

The high balls were the only way we could compete at the time as we weren't good enough to play the ball on the ground and keep it. Not McGhee's fault that Leon is a midget and totally unsuited to our needs at the time. Hasn't done it anywhere else at that level either so maybe just maybe you could be wrong? Even when he got it on the ground he generally fell over pleading a penalty as the nasty big championship players were too cute for him.

Last edited:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Can never hate leon knight,thought he was the best player we had while in the championship.He score the penalty that took us up and scored twice against the scum palarse.
Funny thing is once he chose us over QPR many on here loved that,but once he turned against us many hated it mmmm,he is a legend and have nothing bad to say about him.:clap::clap:

leon knight knight knight:lol:

Grossly misunderstood player, who regularly poked the ball into the net (about as regularly as Albion hero Zamora, for a while), but strangely got played out of position by the manager.

You didn't see how incapable he was of outpacing or beating Championship defenders then? Useless through the middle at that level and too self important to go play on the wing where he could have contributed something if he didn't have such a shit attitude. McGhee was right to put him on the wing as he was useless is any other position at the level we were playing at.

The high balls were the only way we could compete at the time as we weren't good enough to play the ball on the ground and keep it. Not McGhee's fault that Leon is a midget and totally unsuited to our needs at the time. Hasn't done it anywhere else at that level either so maybe just maybe you could be wrong? Even when he got it on the ground he generally fell over pleading a penalty as the nasty big championship players were too cute for him.

He wasn't the quickest player on two legs - but since when did olympic sprinters make top football players?? You see, you START with a distorted view, and frankly I find that somewhat disturbing. Is this weird hatred thing, making you sick?

You follow by 'reading' his attitude. How did he manifest this importance and bad attitude, to you? By throwing his arms up in frustration at high balls that were going out of play? That seemed quite reasonable an attitude, to me.
"Useless at every other position" eh? Then why play him on the WING ffs!? He wasn't much "use" there, and especially when we saw the service he got!

"high balls were the only way we could compete" ?? You WHAT?? Are you McGhee?
I think it could only be him, who would persist with such a DULL, STUNTED, UNIMAGINATIVE tactic that was PROVEN to fail week-in week-out!

That's basically what got Magoo ousted - he showed NO SIGN of ever changing the tune, and in the end the squad was worse than it had ever been since Gillingham.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
. Is this weird hatred thing, making you sick?

:lol: You could be talking about yourself and McGhee. I don't hate Leon, I think he's a waste of talent with a bad attitude and I was delighted to see the back of him. What he did here in his 1st season I admired though.

On the subject of LK and MM, which of them has managed to improve their status since leaving here? Food for thought for your blinkered views maybe?

MM has gone on to prove that he is a quality manager who did well here, results wise for most of his tenure, in spite of the restrictions placed on him, LK has gone backwards. Explain that one away with your love of LK and hate of MM???

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont hate Leon but he did get ideas above his station and I would question whether he is a *team* player. Although I would rather have him in my team than playing against us - that is not to say I want him back. When he put his mind to it you could argue that he was the most skilful, talented player at the club at the time.

As for MM its half a season at Motherwell and my experience of Scottish football is very much the style that we employed in the Championship under MM. Maybe judge MM at Motherwell the season after next if you want to compare results?

I dont hate MM either but I do think that he could take us no further and the time was right for him to go, most managers (unless a Fergie or Wenger or Gradi) have a shelf life of about 2/3 seasons so in that essence MM was no different to almost every other manager up and down the country.

:lol: You could be talking about yourself and McGhee. I don't hate Leon, I think he's a waste of talent with a bad attitude.

On the subject of LK and MM, which of them has managed to improve since leaving here? Food for thought for your blinkered views maybe?

MM has gone on to prove that he is a quality manager who did well here, results wise for most of his tenure, in spite of the restrictions placed on him, LK has gone backwards. Explain that one away with your love of LK and hate of MM???

I can and will - MM DID do well, much thanks to the goals from Leon Knight! So there AGAIN you deem it necessary to completely myopically see past Leon's contributions just to pat MM on the back!

Okay, so while the going was good, MM could be seen to have been managing quite nicely - shocked as even he was, that we went up through the playoffs. He did do well for a while, with the side he inherited, but how familiarity and contempt saw him dissing players in the press and chucking them off coaches. This gradually culminated with dropping LK for standing up for Michel (which was NOT Leon Knight's place to do), then through whatever hard-headedness or insecurity about player management - he played him out of position relentlessly and regardless of results - a tact from which the alleyway narrowed for him too.

Why MM is doing well in the SPL, is probably because he can relate to, and see eye-to-eye with his countrymen, and has yet to be put to any tests about player disputes or insecurities about who calls the shots. He HAS inherited a squad still, let it not be forgotten.
Good luck to him, wherever he goes - I don't care if he wins the Scottish league! Great! happy for him - but it won't make me any less pleased that he's no longer managing BHA.

As for LK, he was less able to languish on club wages, and let the experience at Brighton, go. Like ANY employee of a company would be (including you), having been given a torrid time in their business, he was left with something of a chip on his shoulder from the affair. Ego boosted by scoring regularly and freely, to resounding boos and insults on the field of play, cannot have left him undaunted by the experience.
Why he failed at Swansea, is a question he himself struggled to answer. He pleaded with his manager there to tell him the problem, but to no avail. MKDons now have a plethora of (seemingly quality) strikers - they rule the 2nd division, and for all I know, Knight may have lost his touch, his talent, his love for the game - or he may carry a bad attitude. None of that since, changes what happened to him at The Albion and comparing his fate with Magoo, or buttering up MM because he's successful afterwards, just cannot and does not, change history.

Last edited:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I dont hate Leon but he did get ideas above his station and I would question whether he is a *team* player. Although I would rather have him in my team than playing against us - that is not to say I want him back. When he put his mind to it you could argue that he was the most skilful, talented player at the club at the time.

As for MM its half a season at Motherwell and my experience of Scottish football is very much the style that we employed in the Championship under MM. Maybe judge MM at Motherwell the season after next if you want to compare results?

I dont hate MM either but I do think that he could take us no further and the time was right for him to go, most managers (unless a Fergie or Wenger or Gradi) have a shelf life of about 2/3 seasons so in that essence MM was no different to almost every other manager up and down the country.

TMLS check your PM

Incidentally, let's not forget what the name 'team manager' means. It includes the management of players, and that includes their position on the field, their fitness, their ability/familiarity with the ball and other players,...... and their attitudes.

For all that's said about 'LK's attitude', it didn't seem too bad when he joined BHA, and it didn't affect his goalscoring then, did it !?

Strange how we had a couple of outstanding players at the same time, under the same manager, whose attitudes went downhill so far that we had to almost give them away! How was that 'managed' ??

:lol: You could be talking about yourself and McGhee. I don't hate Leon, I think he's a waste of talent with a bad attitude and I was delighted to see the back of him. What he did here in his 1st season I admired though.

On the subject of LK and MM, which of them has managed to improve their status since leaving here? Food for thought for your blinkered views maybe?

By the way, I have never said I "hate McGhee" either.
EVERY manager who works at Brighton, works in spite of financial restrictions. It's NOT that uncommon, throughout the lower league!! Mickey Adams has since had a surprising lack of success, for someone who guided us to some of the greatest successes in Brighton history........ in spite of the restrictions placed on him (and our awful position and squad when he joined!)
Adams took a nothing team and built a something team, and left thinking he was ultimately going to take the reins at a successful Premiership club.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
(warning: post may contain an objective and thoughtfull question)

the thing is, did Mcghee start to put Knight out on the wing after he was found out by defenders? iirc his goals from open play dried up in the second half of his first season. was that due to the change of position or was the change of position a responce? Was Mcghee saying, you're a shit forward, play on the wing; or was he saying your a good player whos being squeezed out in the middle, so play down the wing? ???

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
This is the man who in the changing room at Whit Hart Lane was claiming that Jermain Defoe was not fit to clean his boots! Although i don't rate wiliam's love child i believe mr knight may have had a high opinion of himself!???

(warning: post may contain an objective and thoughtfull question)

the thing is, did Mcghee start to put Knight out on the wing after he was found out by defenders? iirc his goals from open play dried up in the second half of his first season. was that due to the change of position or was the change of position a responce? Was Mcghee saying, you're a shit forward, play on the wing; or was he saying your a good player whos being squeezed out in the middle, so play down the wing? ???

Spot Bloody On ! :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here