Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatred for Leon Knight - please explain

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Who was there at the time? Kuipers, CKR and winger who went to Watford??

Is that 'true' or just a NSC rumour........:eek:

Albert Jarrett, he crap aswell, i dont think he is playing for anyone now

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
I think we need to be clear about the views posted by the few who make 1000's of posts and the majority. In the main I think NSC members appear to be fairly objective and rational, but sometimes it's easy to come away from this board thinking most are pubescent right wingers or aging miseries. So apart from comments about Leons ego and tantrums, I suspect most would agree we loved the flip side which was his confident penalty in the Millenium Stadium and tireless runs without the kind of service a midget needs. Personally I think if a player makes a piece of history for your club, which he did, he goes down in the books as doing so.

Agreed.

He did a good job for us, I'll never forget that. Although sadly I doubt his leaving comments will ever be forgotten either.

Grossly misunderstood player, who regularly poked the ball into the net (about as regularly as Albion hero Zamora, for a while), but strangely got played out of position by the manager.
His apparent arrogance regarding his journeymen team-mates, led to them basically ostracizing him.... and it appeared they carried their disdain onto the pitch, where he got lousy service even in that out-of-position wing. They lumped the ball way over his head (even a Peter Crouch would've been exasperated, but Knight was a midget wizard). Cutting a nose to spite their faces, it led to us losing loads of points, and boring everyone to death while the manager stood dispassionately, arms folded, doing nothing to change it week in, week out.
Thus, the fox-in-the-box reputation saw him sadly chasing impossible balls bound to go out for goal-kicks, and - then the fans got on his back!

How did a regular scorer dry up like a dead dung-beetle? How?
Many supporters didn't see why - yet they were more-than ready to catcall him a lazy c**t for not chasing hopeless balls doomed to go out of play. Still, he turned up and took his position despite it all, and .....BHA dropped points to everyone's frustration.

As the whipping boy for all and sundry, those who preferred not to believe it *might* just be something to do with the manager, genius tactician that he was not, berated Knight into oblivion, and he was roundly booed and blamed.
NO WONDER THEN, that he made his last farewell a surly one as he sulked away from Brighton after all that. Who could blame him? Lots of people, and you can be certain they did.

Harmony, of some terrible style, was restored while the manager, then, became the person under the spotlight. It could NO LONGER be 'Leon's fault', and gradually karma came to haunt Mark's cozy closet, and HIS attitude and acumen took the spotlight. Like Leon, his old glory was looking tattered and distant, and the shreds that remained became see-through. The King was in the altogether, and Gallant Sir Richard wielded his pruning knife to clip, before the tree suffered further.

It appeared that a young Leon, bore his new inferiority complex badly into his next clubs, and the badly beaten lad was only destined to take more blows. A career that might have endured, but has (sadly for him), seen him type-cast.

Looking ahead, one has to think he might pick things up in the Blue Square league, and work his way up. That could take so much more time than his mercurial talent can bear, and perhaps those cunning toes that once tantalized defences will have grown less tricky.

No 'great loss' to the league, perhaps not - but he must feel betrayed by the sport he once excelled in.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Grossly misunderstood player, who regularly poked the ball into the net (about as regularly as Albion hero Zamora, for a while), but strangely got played out of position by the manager.
His apparent arrogance regarding his journeymen team-mates, led to them basically ostracizing him.... and it appeared they carried their disdain onto the pitch, where he got lousy service even in that out-of-position wing. They lumped the ball way over his head (even a Peter Crouch would've been exasperated, but Knight was a midget wizard). Cutting a nose to spite their faces, it led to us losing loads of points, and boring everyone to death while the manager stood dispassionately, arms folded, doing nothing to change it week in, week out.
Thus, the fox-in-the-box reputation saw him sadly chasing impossible balls bound to go out for goal-kicks, and - then the fans got on his back!

How did a regular scorer dry up like a dead dung-beetle? How?
Many supporters didn't see why - yet they were more-than ready to catcall him a lazy c**t for not chasing hopeless balls doomed to go out of play. Still, he turned up and took his position despite it all, and .....BHA dropped points to everyone's frustration.

As the whipping boy for all and sundry, those who preferred not to believe it *might* just be something to do with the manager, genius tactician that he was not, berated Knight into oblivion, and he was roundly booed and blamed.
NO WONDER THEN, that he made his last farewell a surly one as he sulked away from Brighton after all that. Who could blame him? Lots of people, and you can be certain they did.

Harmony, of some terrible style, was restored while the manager, then, became the person under the spotlight. It could NO LONGER be 'Leon's fault', and gradually karma came to haunt Mark's cozy closet, and HIS attitude and acumen took the spotlight. Like Leon, his old glory was looking tattered and distant, and the shreds that remained became see-through. The King was in the altogether, and Gallant Sir Richard wielded his pruning knife to clip, before the tree suffered further.

It appeared that a young Leon, bore his new inferiority complex badly into his next clubs, and the badly beaten lad was only destined to take more blows. A career that might have endured, but has (sadly for him), seen him type-cast.

Looking ahead, one has to think he might pick things up in the Blue Square league, and work his way up. That could take so much more time than his mercurial talent can bear, and perhaps those cunning toes that once tantalized defences will have grown less tricky.

No 'great loss' to the league, perhaps not - but he must feel betrayed by the sport he once excelled in.

That is the best thing you've ever posted IMO, very, very good.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Think these are the comments that upset a few people;

KNIGHT AIMS TO PLAY LEAPFROG

10:00 - 21 April 2006
Leon Knight admits he was ''absolutely delighted'' to see old club Brighton relegated this week - and has no regrets about joining Swansea City.

Plenty of footballers have watched on with glee as former sides have struggled, it is just not many confess to doing so in public. But Knight is different - an enigmatic character who has no qualms about shooting from the hip.

''It was terrific to see Brighton go down,'' says the diminutive frontman, who had a much-publicised falling out with Seagulls boss Mark McGhee before his cut-price move to Swansea.

''I've still got a few mates in the dressing room and I've been hearing a few things, but they can't really say anything now they are in the same league that I'm in.

''I was absolutely delighted that they got relegated. You cannot understand how happy I was.

''But I don't want to be playing them next season. Hopefully, we can leapfrog them as they come down.''

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
SIX pages

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
....and if you imagine I 'copied and pasted' it, you must not have actually READ it!
Anyone used to my telling the TRUTH about Leon, will recognize that it's all mine, baby!

(and THANKS Hungry Joe, I am flattered)

Doug does seem to be turning into a bit of a world-weary cynic these days, he doesn't even believe summer is OGH! Come on Doug, feel the love :)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Doug does seem to be turning into a bit of a world-weary cynic these days, he doesn't even believe summer is OGH! Come on Doug, feel the love :)

Come on, we all need to do wind ups now and again. :)

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I think we need to be clear about the views posted by the few who make 1000's of posts and the majority. In the main I think NSC members appear to be fairly objective and rational, but sometimes it's easy to come away from this board thinking most are pubescent right wingers or aging miseries. So apart from comments about Leons ego and tantrums, I suspect most would agree we loved the flip side which was his confident penalty in the Millenium Stadium and tireless runs without the kind of service a midget needs. Personally I think if a player makes a piece of history for your club, which he did, he goes down in the books as doing so.

I Loathe him for Two Reasons and this supersedes anything good that he might have done for us

1. His 'Best day of my life when Brighton got relegated, I am pissing myself laughing' comment when we were relegated.

2. When we played an away match in that championship relegation year (can't remember where, for the life of me). A few of the junior seagulls had congregated around the team coach as it arrived and several of them including one of my boys cheered on Leon as he got off the coach. The **** just turned around and glared

His inflated opinion of himself and his arrogance knew no bounds

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
oh nmh,i see it all now,

the fact that has eluded me for so long

the reason the sainted leon cant get into a div 2 side,
the reason he cant score against defenders from the championship to div 2
the reson he is rated lower than bas savage by managers from sheffield to qpr,via swansea.

the reason chelsea let him go

MARK MAGEE

talk about rewriting history--- bet you won the stalingrad campaign too

THE GOON GOT HIS REPUTATION FROM CONVERTING PENALTIES GIVEN AWAY BY STUPID CLUMSY LOWER LEAGUE DEFENDERS,check his record for us, when he got up against a better class of defender his limited goal scoring talent( and i include the headed goals he got by finding space among incompetent defences) was exposed for the lower league level player he is.

just check the statistics the higher the league the fewer penalties awarded.that isnt a coincidence the higher up a defender gets the less likely he is to be stupid and clumsy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here