Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatred for Leon Knight - please explain

oh nmh,i see it all now,

the fact that has eluded me for so long

the reason the sainted leon cant get into a div 2 side,
the reason he cant score against defenders from the championship to div 2
the reson he is rated lower than bas savage by managers from sheffield to qpr,via swansea.

the reason chelsea let him go

MARK MAGEE

talk about rewriting history--- bet you won the stalingrad campaign too

THE GOON GOT HIS REPUTATION FROM CONVERTING PENALTIES GIVEN AWAY BY STUPID CLUMSY LOWER LEAGUE DEFENDERS,check his record for us, when he got up against a better class of defender his limited goal scoring talent( and i include the headed goals he got by finding space among incompetent defences) was exposed for the lower league level player he is.

just check the statistics the higher the league the fewer penalties awarded.that isnt a coincidence the higher up a defender gets the less likely he is to be stupid and clumsy

Why would I need STATS when I saw him play with my own 20/20 vision?

I also watched him frozen out of matches, by your old chumly magoo's deadbeat 'tactics' - and who was it WINNING the penalties he WAS converting.....got any STATS on that??

YOU seem to look through rose-tinteds at MM, and dodgy eyeballs at Leon :O - and you require STATS! :laugh:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I agree with NMH - That must be six or seven different managers who have all picked on Leon - it's all so unfair !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Personally I think he was one of the most skillful players I ever saw play for Brighton ( and Huddersfiled at the time).

For all his faults he was an entertainer ( as was Bas) , something sadly starting to dissapear from our club

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know the little one left a few years back but can someone please explain why everyone on NSC dislikes him so much

This is not a wind up thread, just puzzled as to why he has become such a hate figure.....because on the pitch he was a good striker for us

Thanks in advance

I don't think the hatred is as universal as it sometimes appears on here, it's just those who did take exception to him not making full use of his talents, and his sulky ways seem to shout the loudest.

Personally, I'm left with very fond memories of little Leon. On the back of losing BZ we immediately replaced him with regular goals at the start of LK's first season. If we'd started slowly that year, the season could have drifted along to nothing with us all talking about the departed Zamora. Instead, Leon's goals fired our season, and we just about kept it going long enough to go up through the play-offs. None of which would have been possible without the little man's goals.

The three games at the end of that season, the win at Swindon, the last gasp ecstacy at home to Swindon, culminating in one of my BEST days as an Albion fan, when we won in Cardiff, were almost certainly the best three consecutive games I've ever experience. It was absolutely superb, and we wouldn't have been anywhere near the play-offs without him. A guy who scores the winner for the Albion in a play-off Final, one of the top moments in my days supporting Brighton .... cannot fall so far as to be a HATED character in my eyes.

I remember him for that season, and THAT penalty .... and as a player who possessed one of the best first touches I've ever seen in the stripes.

Leon Knight. :thumbsup: thanks for the memories.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I agree with everything Gritt says above, but I still can't abide little Leon.

I can honestly say that I never liked him, even in that 27 goal season. Of course I loved it when he won games for us, and celebrated his goals as I would any other, but I never warmed to the guy. He always seemed arrogant, and I so hate to see a Brighton player baltantly diving. He seemed to spend half of every game sitting on the turf whinging.

You don't have to LIKE every player do you? Even some of the good ones.

Similarly I never liked Kurt Nogan or Paul Dickov much either!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry!

When I say 'didn't like', that doesn't equate to 'didn't RATE' them. Both were clearly good players, I just didn't love to watch them in the same way as Byrne, Nelson, Zamora, Small, Gotsmanov, etc.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Disrupted the squad, reportedly tried to seperate the coloured players into a seperate clique.

Pst..I don't think you are meant to call people coloured...

I for one LOVED Leon Knight. A stroppy, petulant and QUALITY striker who scored the goals which got us promoted.

27 in one season. Who since has even looked like matching that with the possible exception of Forster.

I also would not mock him for playing for MK Dons. They will no doubt be in the same division as us next season...

And as for the 'I hope they get relegated' comment. I fully uderstand it the way he was treated by managers and FANS during his time here. Some of the abuse he suffered bordered on the RACIST from certain fans.

Dandyman

In London village.
How about because he was a poisonous little snake who tried to split the dressing room, tried to play the race card with players and managers and rather than knuckle down and prove his ability resorted to petulance and arrogance.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wouldn't be surprised if he moves on again in January, or most definitely at the end of the season if he's not getting a regular game. His ego wouldn't take it.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
When we had nobody who was SCORING it was silly having him on the wing.

Slightly different in a team doing well.

Well he was hardly the best in front of goal in the championship was he? Sad he cant play up front in a league 2 side, despite his attitude he is better than that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry!

When I say 'didn't like', that doesn't equate to 'didn't RATE' them. Both were clearly good players, I just didn't love to watch them in the same way as Byrne, Nelson, Zamora, Small, Gotsmanov, etc.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here