Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatred for Leon Knight - please explain

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I know the little one left a few years back but can someone please explain why everyone on NSC dislikes him so much

This is not a wind up thread, just puzzled as to why he has become such a hate figure.....because on the pitch he was a good striker for us

Thanks in advance

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
He was a Lazy striker for us who thought somehow he was alot better than he really was. Really struggled in the Championship

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Also after he left us, he said that he was glad to see us get relegated.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I know the little one left a few years back but can someone please explain why everyone on NSC dislikes him so much

This is not a wind up thread, just puzzled as to why he has become such a hate figure.....because on the pitch he was a good striker for us

Thanks in advance

i for one don't hate him, think he is a good player basically his goals got us to Cardiff and he scored the winner once we got there. Lost his way a bit but the manager at the time hardly helped things. Think we missed him a lot until Forster came along

twickers

Jul 17, 2003

Thanks in advance

I think we need to be clear about the views posted by the few who make 1000's of posts and the majority. In the main I think NSC members appear to be fairly objective and rational, but sometimes it's easy to come away from this board thinking most are pubescent right wingers or aging miseries. So apart from comments about Leons ego and tantrums, I suspect most would agree we loved the flip side which was his confident penalty in the Millenium Stadium and tireless runs without the kind of service a midget needs. Personally I think if a player makes a piece of history for your club, which he did, he goes down in the books as doing so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The sad thing is he has/had the ability to be a striker comfortable in the middle ranks of the Championship at least. His attitude stinks and because of this he has never been able to realise his ability.

Please dont take this as me feeling sorry for him I dont. I just get frustrated when people who have some talent blow it by being a twat.

He has fallen out of favour with every club he has been at. Moron.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I think we need to be clear about the views posted by the few who make 1000's of posts and the majority. In the main I think NSC members appear to be fairly objective and rational, but sometimes it's easy to come away from this board thinking most are pubescent right wingers or aging miseries. So apart from comments about Leons ego and tantrums, I suspect most would agree we loved the flip side which was his confident penalty in the Millenium Stadium and tireless runs without the kind of service a midget needs. Personally I think if a player makes a piece of history for your club, which he did, he goes down in the books as doing so.

I thought at the time when i typed 'everyone on NSC' I should have changed it to some/most!

I never had a problem with the player, like you I just remember all the good he did for the club (ie the goals) and the penalty at Cardiff

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Disrupted the squad, reportedly tried to seperate the coloured players into a seperate clique.

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke

Tireless runs????? are you having a laugh???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Disrupted the squad, reportedly tried to seperate the coloured players into a seperate clique.

Which indirectly made CKR's relationship with McGhee untenable which lead to CKR leaving and us losing the two most naturally gifted strikers we've had for many years. It could have been so good if his attitude was better and he and CKR had forged the kind of partnership they were capable of. That's the really sad thing for me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

would say that happens at a lot of clubs due the likes and dislikes (Music/Night out etc) of different groups of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here