Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has to be done

Sep 1, 2011
Can i place a bet on 3/1 that sid doesnt even make it too the ground, I have inside information from a reliable source

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Christ alive. What is the world coming to.

It would be a worry if I were to invade the pitch from the WSU, so NO, I won't be doing so. Personally though, I like to see the Albion faithful joyfully, dancing around the back of the net. The same as I smiled at the Pikey from Blackpool who did the same. Crikey has football changed that mush over the last 20 years that we now have to sit and drink flasks of coffee, and clap and say " oh jolly good show, lovely goal, what a jolly fine chap".

Each to their own, If you are an old fart, then fine... I do not have a problem with that, but I will be the saddest person on the planet when the dullards stop people.......

Standing up
Singing
Swearing - Yes I do get carried away Sometimes ... sorry. That is what the family stand is for.
Drinking .... woooooo yes Beer. Oooohhh naughty.
AND YES - The odd , Rare , well deserved pitch invasion.

Some of my best memories of football from my younger days were Deano's free kick against Ipswich, and tearing on the pitch with the masses. Even the South stand at the Goldstone used to enjoy the odd pitch invasion.

I for one feel sorry for the younger generation of football fan who will never experience terracing, and I would add pitch invasions to this as well.

Does nobody else look back and cherish the old videos of the North stand piling on to the hallowed turf in celebration ???.

AWAITS SLATING.

So, if you are opposed to people interrupting the game you paid good money to see by illegally entering the field, you automatically don't like people singing, dancing, swearing, drinking beer? You're either 'run on the pitch at any old excuse' or 'a polite victorian gent' with no middle ground? Your world must be so black and white.

And as someone else asked, do you honestly think a goal v Crystal Palace is deserving of a pitch invasion? Seriously?

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Sid is real, I can confirm this :rave:
You lot are way to serious

People asking for me to be banned cos i like a celebration on the pitch.

Never once have i mentioned anything to naughty.

jeez.

How are you keeping charles, you well?

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think that a goal against palace is 'well deserved' of a pitch invasion?? I dont think so.. genuinely interested in your answer

That my friend is a fair question. It is THE question IMO.

Pitch invasions every other week would be ridiculous. It has to be one of those unexpected moments of total ecstasy. Ala Wendy against Ipswich. Virgo's last gasp header against Swindon. Totally warranted and nobody slated it then.

Palace at Home. mmmm not sure TBH.

If it's a last minute winner, then YES. Otherwise I am undecided.

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
So, if you are opposed to people interrupting the game you paid good money to see by illegally entering the field, you automatically don't like people singing, dancing, swearing, drinking beer? You're either run on the pitch at any old excuse or a polite victorian gent with no middle ground? Your world must be so black and white.

And as someone else asked, do you honestly think a goal v Crystal Palace is deserving of a pitch invasion? Seriously?

top post!!

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
That my friend is a fair question. It is THE question IMO.

Pitch invasions every other week would be ridiculous. It has to be one of those unexpected moments of total ecstasy. Ala Wendy against Ipswich. Virgo's last gasp header against Swindon. Totally warranted and nobody slated it then.

Palace at Home. mmmm not sure TBH.

If it's a last minute winner, then YES. Otherwise I am undecided.

Us and palace top of the league, same points palace ahead of us on goal difference. Last game of the season, us and palace at the amex. Harley scores a screamer free kick in the 92nd minute to put us up to the premiership, that would be well deserved of a pitch invasion.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I was going to say Sid is either fake or a bellend, but as he's apparently real I'll have to go with the latter

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
So, if you are opposed to people interrupting the game you paid good money to see by illegally entering the field, you automatically don't like people singing, dancing, swearing, drinking beer? You're either 'run on the pitch at any old excuse' or 'a polite victorian gent' with no middle ground? Your world must be so black and white.

Already answered it. But I think it depends what you consider a pitch invasion.

Can anyone answer my questions.

Does anyone look back at the old vids versus Millwall, Liverpool, Ipswich and think, Bloody naughty idiots invading the pitch. OR do you sit back and smile, and say, "crikey I remeber those days.... Great times.... what a game, what a goal, what a celebration" ???

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
if the club does get reprimanded it's down to this wally. I hate that notion.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I was going to say Sid is either fake or a bellend, but as he's apparently real I'll have to go with the latter

i think champagne charles is the same person doing a back-up spoof. notice similarities in grammar, the heart-warming 'conversation' they are having and the fondness for alliteration in the name and the cadence of the sig under each post.

RUMBLED SIR

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Us and palace top of the league, same points palace ahead of us on goal difference. Last game of the season, us and palace at the amex. Harley scores a screamer free kick in the 92nd minute to put us up to the premiership, that would be well deserved of a pitch invasion.

So we agree then

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
I think mini pitch invasions occur a
Lot more than people think! Man u away from home often have them and iv been at arsenal away at villa and everton and seen them,actually makes the atmosphere better as the opposing fans get so wound up! Christ there was even one at Cheltenham v hereford last year! Not condoning it but heat of a huge tense and possibly hostile match it happens! Didn't some palace make an attempt at us at selhurst??

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looks quality after a goal against your biggest foe, everyone piles on...
So the palace players have to run for their lives, the palace fans pile in, a brawl breaks out, and we lose the ability to attract the sort of players we've just brought in, the club get a hefty fine and Tony Bloom wonders why the f*** he bothered. I'm in!

zfleas

Aug 8, 2011
Worthing
Already answered it. But I think it depends what you consider a pitch invasion.

Can anyone answer my questions.

Does anyone look back at the old vids versus Millwall, Liverpool, Ipswich and think, Bloody naughty idiots invading the pitch. OR do you sit back and smile, and say, "crikey I remeber those days.... Great times.... what a game, what a goal, what a celebration" ???

Of course its nice looking at them.... but times have changed and so has how people celebrate. I'm all for it when its a MASSIVE goal, in a really important match, but a goal against palace? I know its a derby but dont think its worthy of a pitch invasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here