• yes

Votes: 55 64.0%
  • no

Votes: 31 36.0%

• Total voters

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Apology accepted, there is no way you would have known.

I didnt apologise I said I was sorry to hear your mum had passed away and suggested in that case its better if neither of us mentions mums, as you felt the need to bring it up. i like a row but i dont want to upset anyone genuinely over a recent bereavement.

I dont give a f*** what you say about my mum or family, you have no need to know about them.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Cheap labour is one of the major reasons why big business and the government are keen to encourage immigration. 80% of the registered immigrant workers from new EU countries working in the UK last year were earning only between £4.50 and £5.99 an hour.

British big business is keen to attract migrant labour, supposedly to fill 'skill gaps' in the economy. However, these skills shortages are often a result of a failure to invest in long-term training and education in Britain, or wages and conditions that are so bad that many workers are not prepared to put up with them.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
i imagine you are in full on peter cushing at the end of the wicker man mode now.

Christopher Lee, I think. Easy to get these Hammer Horror gods confused. Carry on.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I can probably respond to a lot of the accusations flying around on this thread, although I may regret sticking my oar into the debate...

I live in Peckham, so yes I probably do have asylum seekers living very close by. There definitely is a large proportion of non-whites. I'm completely baffled by the claim that "people saying they are happy to offer them a home, when they mean other peoples towns cities and areas apart from theirs.".

The thing that you apparently, given the above quote, still don't seem understand is that not everyone has an Us V Them complex, and so quite happily lives side by side with their neighbours independently of their race, religion or background. There is no more sending a person from an ethnic minority to "someone else's city" than there is sending a blonde, ginger or brunette person there.

Oh, and as to those "funny shops" that are mentioned above - I quite like them; you can most things in them for about half the price that they're available anywhere else :thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Wow I'm being called names by NSC's least funny "comedy" poster. Thats's told me .:lolol:

I thought I`d just give you some respite from making a prick of yourself with the standard of your latest arguement. :lolol:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I can probably respond to a lot of the accusations flying around on this thread, although I may regret sticking my oar into the debate...

I live in Peckham, so yes I probably do have asylum seekers living very close by. There definitely is a large proportion of non-whites. I'm completely baffled by the claim that "people saying they are happy to offer them a home, when they mean other peoples towns cities and areas apart from theirs.".

The thing that you apparently, given the above quote, still don't seem understand is that not everyone has an Us V Them complex, and so quite happily lives side by side with their neighbours independently of their race, religion or background. There is no more sending a person from an ethnic minority to "someone else's city" than there is sending a blonde, ginger or brunette person there.

Oh, and as to those "funny shops" that are mentioned above - I quite like them; you can most things in them for about half the price that they're available anywhere else :thumbsup:

I agree. But there is two type of imingration, migrent and illegaul.

I dont know if you saw the news today, but a big police operation has sent down a ring of chinese people trafikers - they wernt to prison, but it is IMPOSISIBLE to send the "illigal" home. 1 - becasue he has fled and will never be seen again, and 2 - becasuse China does not belive they are Chinese nationals becasue they now only have 'fake' British passports, having destroyed they real ones.

OUr Government needs to find a way of stopping this. This is the problem, its illegal that have no right to be hear and will never pay pax but will use the servies.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

I dont know if you saw the news today, but a big police operation has sent down a ring of chinese people trafikers - they wernt to prison, but it is IMPOSISIBLE to send the "illigal" home. 1 - becasue he has fled and will never be seen again, and 2 - becasuse China does not belive they are Chinese nationals becasue they now only have 'fake' British passports, having destroyed they real ones.

OUr Government needs to find a way of stopping this. This is the problem, its illegal that have no right to be hear and will never pay pax but will use the servies.

I agree entirely. However, it has to be said quite clearly, that illegal immigration is... already illegal. Neither of the two problems above would be altered in any way whatsoever by making some of what is now legal immigration illegal.

I don't imagine anyone here is supporting the right of illegal immigrants who will refuse to work to stay here and use our services - but branding anyone who isn't white or from Britain as being exactly the same, and hence suggesting we should repatriate them all, is utterly missing the point, and isn't going to solve the problem.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
F**k off you knob head as this rule gives me certain rights to go and live/work in other countries which I intend to use at some point again in the future.

Corr blimey, talk about knickers in a twist! Someone expresses an opinion, without any form of racism, rudeness or aggression, you don't agree with it and that's your immediate response! Think you need to take a chill pill fella!

These rights of yours to go and work in another country are, to be fair, a little bit bollocks anyway aren't they. Let's be honest about it, if you get offered a job somewhere else in the world and you would be a useful citizen to that country you get a visa. Whats the problem with doing that in Europe? Fair enough make the rules a bit easier to get a visa but surely it's right to at least have SOME border control?

Oh and I think e77 has struggled, once again, to understand sarcastic/ironic posts

Presumably spelling and writing correct English will not be a criteria for staying here:eek::lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think we do need to address the issue of the armies of 'natives' that are quite happy to let the state pay for their every whim and need. We shouldn't need to import labour. I am more than happy to offer a home to genuine asylum seekers who have fled in fear of persecution, torture or death.

Yep. Its the ILLEGALS that are the problem. Not those through official channels.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We all know there need to be sensible controls brought in to control the numbers of immigrants but can the politicians be trusted to oversee this?

The problem is one of infrastructure. It take years to get anything built in this country and the infrastructure of roads, schools, hospitals, prisons etc tends to result from intense need - these things aren't constructed for millions of £s without years of campaigning.

Therefore, how can a country creaking at the knees with 57 million absorbe 2-3million people successfully in a short space of time?

The problem in saying other places should take them is that they face the same issues around infrastructure as well.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
And you answer would be to let in all and sundry....there has to be limits or do we let killers,rapists paedo's and the like come thru the back door ???:censored:

Yeah! What's wrong with GOOD OLD FASHIONED WHITE BRITISH killers, rapists and paedos eh? eh?

It's political correctness gone mad. We used to lead the world in these fields.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here