Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Has Graham Bitten Off More Than He Can Chew?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you mean football fans in general, yes they provide large sums of fees to Brighton and all other PL clubs. If you mean football fans to go to games, they provide the coffee RDZ drinks while contemplating how he's going to make Van Hecke put his foot on the ball rather than next to it. That is the Premier League reality.

The "lifeblood" thing is the social contract: they owe to perform for you and you owe them your support (and no, I'm not talking about your money).

You think they were equally eager when Leeds beat them 3-0 or that this is some kind of hindsight shit. They, just like a lot of Brighton fans including you, have forgot everything that happened before Tommy the German left and are now rewriting history in a way that fits a narrative.
Leeds fan phoned our national radio 6-0-6 programme tonight and said 'I'd take Potter at Leeds in a heartbeat'.

Football. It's all about opinions. Innit.

:wink:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What absolutely nonsense this is:

Swansman said:
Pep Guardiola last year said that it would be nice if their fans would actually come to their football games.
Few if any were annoyed

How the hell do you know that ‘Few if any were annoyed’? Are you in touch with every City supporter? Utter utter fool.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This club might not exist if not for it's fans fighting for it.

Long after the likes of Potter and Cucurella are gone the fans are still there and always will be.
Absolutely right.

We may not be the shareholders, but we are and will always be the club's most important stakeholders.

“Few of us have chosen our clubs, they have simply been presented to us; and so as they slip from Second Division to the Third, or sell their best players, or buy players who you know can't play, or bash the ball the seven hundredth time towards a nine foot centre-forward, we simply curse, go home, worry for a fortnight and then come back to suffer all over again.”

Nick Hornby, Fever Pitch

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If you mean football fans in general, yes they provide large sums of fees to Brighton and all other PL clubs. If you mean football fans to go to games, they provide the coffee RDZ drinks while contemplating how he's going to make Van Hecke put his foot on the ball rather than next to it. That is the Premier League reality.

Our fans pour millions into the club each season.

If you think a cup of coffee is worth millions then you need to change coffee shops.

The "lifeblood" thing is the social contract: they owe to perform for you and you owe them your support (and no, I'm not talking about your money).

They don't just get given support though, they have to earn it.

When Potter spoke down to fans because they were frustrated with his team's football then he showed his true colours.

He drinks his own bath water too much.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Genuinely, was it?

a) No respect for the manner of the departure …. speaking to Boehly asap, then taking the kitchen sink with him mid-season?

b) He’s non touchy-feely, not one of life’s charismatic huggers?
or c) Not wanting to be too pally with GP because it would be disrespectful to the new manager?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Leeds fan phoned our national radio 6-0-6 programme tonight and said 'I'd take Potter at Leeds in a heartbeat'.

Football. It's all about opinions. Innit.

:wink:
Not sure that many Leeds fan exist that wouldn't want potter over that cretin marsch.

Thing is, they'd much prefer RDZ and with good reason

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's what it was like on 6-0-6 tonight, though.

Admittedly a different pond, from which a different form of life may be available to be fished.

Did I say pond life? Apologies to all decent Chelsea fans out there :thumbsup:
So those with the most Chelsea away points who spend a fortune to go to a game at a time that most Brighton fans would think twice about are to be ignored and those that stayed at home and are selected by the BBC to provide a story are not?

I thought you believed in representative samples?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What absolutely nonsense this is:

Swansman said:
Pep Guardiola last year said that it would be nice if their fans would actually come to their football games.
Few if any were annoyed

How the hell do you know that ‘Few if any were annoyed’? Are you in touch with every City supporter? Utter utter fool.
He stood outside to ask their opinions but nobody turned up

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Had he not be headhunted from us, I would have thought it quite admirable that Chelsea went for an up and coming English coach, although I am still the opinion they got a bit nervous about Southgate not continuing after the World Cup and accelerated their plans to secure Potter ahead of the England Job being vacate.

Chelsea must have known looking at Potter with us that it would take time for him to get his ideas across so it shouldn't really be a surprise. If Boehly is trying to move aware from the chaotic - although not un-entirely successful managerial merry go round under the previous owner then he should have priced this in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here