Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has davies a future with us

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
i know craig davies has signed for us for i think its 3 years but has he a future with us slade does not appear to rate him, he played ogh in front of him plus andrew, and even mcleod in won match ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Slade obviously didn't think he was the right man for the job currently, but that does not mean he does not have a future with us. A pre-season training with The Albion will do him the world of good, I am sure.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Slade obviously didn't think he was the right man for the job currently, but that does not mean he does not have a future with us. A pre-season training with The Albion will do him the world of good, I am sure.

Spot on, he came into a side with zero confidence and all pressure put on his shoulders to score the goals to keep us up. Get a pre-season under him and he'll be a totally different player. Oh and the crowd not getting on his back as soon as he misses one chance would help too

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
but he's quite clearly not been in form.

He scored a fair whack of goals for other teams and is a welsh international so he's clearly not bad.

hopefully he'll be banging them in next year.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
Hopefully we keep him. I think that he will come good once he gets a bit of confidence, all he needs is a couple of goals to get him going. But, must admit that his future sounds a bit ominous considering were apparently trying to sign that "Luke Rodgers" from Yoevil!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Absolutely. At the end of the day Hart was exactly the type of player we needed to dig in and get us out the shit - an old warhorse as it were. We needed players with confidence and sadly Davies was lacking.

With a good pre season and renewed confidence (as well as working on his finishing) he could be an asset.

Nov 25, 2008
Block (H)ated
Give him preseason to find some form and he could be an asset next season :thumbsup:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I hope so,i think he has a fair bit to offer and yes his eye for goal may need contacts he is a player that has ability imo

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would be suprised if he was to go. Like you said he is on a 3 year contract and given his current form should we sell him would not get alot for him. I expect like others have said he will be given the pre-season to improve his game and sort his head out. Then should he still not be firing next season then Slade will look at getting rid.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'd be glad of any money we can get for Craig Davies. Hats off to him for the effort he puts in, but just isn't a natural goalscorer and doesn't offer anything else IMHO.

Also, I noticed something very alarming at Colchester away. He seemed gutted that he hadn't scored, despite the fact that we got the 3points. I think all his clapping of the fans is because the poor bloke is so desperate to be accepted. The nasty stick he got at MKDons only added to his need for acceptance.

I wish him well, but I'm afraid I don't rate him at this level and would be glad to see him move on.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Hopefully we keep him. I think that he will come good once he gets a bit of confidence, all he needs is a couple of goals to get him going. But, must admit that his future sounds a bit ominous considering were apparently trying to sign that "Luke Rodgers" from Yoevil!

Eh? Where'd this rumour come from?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yep Russell can make him a great player if he sticks around, he has lots of effort and dedication. Cannot wait to see him as part of our sparking front line next season.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Does anyone think a good pre-season with us would help him?

:lolol:

Don't rate Davies at all, and unfortunately I think there's a lack of confidence and then there's sheer ineptitude. He must have something as he's scored goals before, but I'm cynical of the fact that he will ever show that something with us. Would be happy to see him offloaded, although realistically we're stuck with him for a while at least.

Happy to be proved wrong though...

Flicky_12

May 5, 2009
T Wells
just give the bloke a chance theres no harm in keeping him for a season you never no might be league top goal scorer next season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would definitely retain him... he is young, needs confidence, and will get better...

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Needs to be given a chance.

He's had more of a chance than a lot of players would get already. I wasn't ideal circumstances coming in to such a poor team but for someone who's played so poorly he's had plenty of starts.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
is a welsh international so he's clearly not bad.
:lol:

I think he probably does, by virtue of the time left on his contract if nothing else. Slade has preferred other options, but as things stand he's one of four contracted strikers for next season (and as poor as he has been in some games, he's still no Dixon!), he should view pre season as a chance to start afresh, he didn't come into a good situation when he signed. Would anyone be surprised if our strikeforce is Murray, Forster, Owusu and Davies next season?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here