Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

has davies a future with us

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
you lot on here havent got a clue about how slade rates davies. when davies was at oxford united slade was the manager at grimsby and put a bid into buy davies so facts are better than fiction.

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
barndoor, barndoor, his name is Craig Davies and he couldn't hit a barndoor...

your a joker with a big mouth yes fans have there say but your just a arse to keep on about 1 player all the time.
you must have a sad life and need a computer to get your point across as i no you wouldnt say it 2 craig himself

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
He's only, what, 21? And he's a Welsh International still playing at League One level? Lets just see how he does, for christ sake..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Craig Davies = :thumbsup:

I'll bet £20 with Mr Withdean Wanderer that Davies scores 15 first team goals next season. Interested Mr.Potter?

Easy money for you, as he can't hit a barn door...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
you lot on here havent got a clue about how slade rates davies. when davies was at oxford united slade was the manager at grimsby and put a bid into buy davies so facts are better than fiction.

I've never said that Slade doesn't rate him. I have no idea what Russell Slade is thinking.

All I said was that Russell Slade won't allow the great escape to make him sentimental over players, and I truly believe that. The reason I made that comment is because I think a lot of people on here are getting sentimental because of the great escape. Had we gone down, plenty of people would be scathing in their condemnation of certain players.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I'll bet £20 with Mr Withdean Wanderer that Davies scores 15 first team goals next season. Interested Mr.Potter?

If you get no response, I'll gladly take the bet on on the condition that whoever wins hands it straight over to REMF.

We can discuss it further and shake on it at first home game of next season if you like.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

I'll bet £20 with Mr Withdean Wanderer that Davies scores 15 first team goals next season. Interested?

Before I do any backtracking, let me see if I can negotiate. £10 to REMF? I know this sounds like poor form from a man who doesn't rate Davies, but I will sadly return to being a poor student again next season, and with no part-time job likely, I may well be spectacularly skint next season. But £10 I can scrape together. Probably.

However, before we confirm this - 15 first team goals in LEAGUE ONE or above? It is, after all, possible that he leaves for lower league opposition.

With regard to my opinion of Davies...well perhaps I was doing a bit of fishing.
His biggest strength is PACE, something few players have really. His first touch can be erratic, but for a big bloke he's not that strong on the ball which frustrates, and he clearly needs to sort his finishing out. I am not convinced a good pre-season will do this - I think the crowd giving him support (but NOT in the patronising way he's got it for doing bugger all because people feel sorry for him after MK) will help. However, Slade giving him the backing and belief he needs is the key for me. If that happens, then we might see a half-decent Davies. If it doesn't...well, don't surprised to see the 'barndoor' tag sticking around.

One last point, for the idiot who says "you wouldn't say it to his face" - of course I wouldn't. But why would I want to say it to his face? This is, as far as I can tell, a FANS message board. If I wanted to tell Davies he was shit, I wouldn't do it via the medium of NSC!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Before I do any backtracking, let me see if I can negotiate. £10 to REMF? I know this sounds like poor form from a man who doesn't rate Davies, but I will sadly return to being a poor student again next season, and with no part-time job likely, I may well be spectacularly skint next season. But £10 I can scrape together. Probably.

However, before we confirm this - 15 first team goals in LEAGUE ONE or above? It is, after all, possible that he leaves for lower league opposition.

With regard to my opinion of Davies...well perhaps I was doing a bit of fishing.
His biggest strength is PACE, something few players have really. His first touch can be erratic, but for a big bloke he's not that strong on the ball which frustrates, and he clearly needs to sort his finishing out. I am not convinced a good pre-season will do this - I think the crowd giving him support (but NOT in the patronising way he's got it for doing bugger all because people feel sorry for him after MK) will help. However, Slade giving him the backing and belief he needs is the key for me. If that happens, then we might see a half-decent Davies. If it doesn't...well, don't surprised to see the 'barndoor' tag sticking around.

One last point, for the idiot who says "you wouldn't say it to his face" - of course I wouldn't. But why would I want to say it to his face? This is, as far as I can tell, a FANS message board. If I wanted to tell Davies he was shit, I wouldn't do it via the medium of NSC!

Best bit of backpeddling I've seen on here since Atilla's bet with The Laughing Bluebird. For Christ sake man have the courage of your convictions, don't try and half a bet by a paltry £10.00, after all this is a player who can't hit a barndoor...well that's what you WERE saying wasn't it? Surely you think he'll be a second or third choice striker which makes the attaining 15 goals nigh on impossible for someone you think is SO SHIT.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Best bit of backpeddling I've seen on here since Atilla's bet with The Laughing Bluebird. For Christ sake man have the courage of your convictions, don't try and half a bet by a paltry £10.00, after all this is a player who can't hit a barndoor...

I would rather backtrack now then when/if I have £20 i've agreed to give to charity and can't afford to do so :tosser:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would rather backtrack now then when/if I have £20 i've agreed to give to charity and can't afford to do so :tosser:

Which makes you the :tosser: big mouth. You just shout your mouth off for attention don't you?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
well that's what you WERE saying wasn't it? Surely you think he'll be a second or third choice striker which makes the attaining 15 goals nigh on impossible for someone you think is SO SHIT.

Yes, and 95% of Albion supporters had written off Gary Hart, and have been proved wrong....

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I missed quite a few of his 15 goals this season then

What? Don't be a DIN.

My point was that I may think Davies is a bit of a donkey, but that doesn't mean it is IMPOSSIBLE that I am right does it, in the same way that all the people saying Hart was shit/couldn't run/should retire were wrong.

I've said i'll give a tenner to REMF (a cracking charity), i'll give more if my situation allows it but I don't really want to be promising money I can't afford to pay. If i've got no income next year (which will be a completely new experience for me) then I think to offer a something for a good cause should be satisfactory. If I could guarantee that i'll have a spare £20 next May then I would definitely take the bet. Hell, It is not impossible that I won't have £10 this time next May, but that is a chance I am prepared to take!

And before you call me a tight bastard, I'm just about to sponsor a REMF player for tomorrow night, as I currently am earning and can thus afford to. :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What? Don't be a DIN.

My point was that I may think Davies is a bit of a donkey, but that doesn't mean it is IMPOSSIBLE that I am right does it, in the same way that all the people saying Hart was shit/couldn't run/should retire were wrong.

I've said i'll give a tenner to REMF (a cracking charity), i'll give more if my situation allows it but I don't really want to be promising money I can't afford to pay. If i've got no income next year (which will be a completely new experience for me) then I think to offer a something for a good cause should be satisfactory. If I could guarantee that i'll have a spare £20 next May then I would definitely take the bet. Hell, It is not impossible that I won't have £10 this time next May, but that is a chance I am prepared to take!

And before you call me a tight bastard, I'm just about to sponsor a REMF player for tomorrow night, as I currently am earning and can thus afford to. :thumbsup:

OK but you'd only have to miss ONE home game and you'd still have change after paying your £20.00, or aren't you expecting to watch the Albion at home next season :rolleyes: :lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What? Don't be a DIN.

Fair do's. Lets just call it a friendly bet, with no cash. He'll do it though. Maybe not all league goals, but for brighton, in all comps.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
OK but you'd only have to miss ONE home game and you'd still have change after paying your £20.00, or aren't you expecting to watch the Albion at home next season :rolleyes: :lol:

Season ticket that I imagine i'll pay for next month....:)

Fair do's. Lets just call it a friendly bet, with no cash. He'll do it though. Maybe not all league goals, but for brighton, in all comps.

No no, £10 for REMF - i'm not a total bottle job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here