Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty's phone in

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wahey it's turning into Talksport:

"as long as they don't start selling curry instead of burgers"

"would you be happy if someone with a tea-towel on their head came in and bought the Albion?"

You just have to love Harty :bowdown:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Spider;2563612 "as long as they don't start selling curry instead of burgers" "would you be happy if someone with a tea-towel on their head came in and bought the Albion?"[/QUOTE said:
I'll hold my hands up and admit to the second one but I think you'll find the curry remark eminated from the legend that is Sir Norman.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Is this available online?

I know Andrew Hawes said it would be this season, but that doesn't seem to have happened...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Small fires can sometimes be put out be placing a wet tea towel over them.:thumbsup:

Just as well there are people around wearing them:clap:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'll hold my hands up and admit to the second one but I think you'll find the curry remark eminated from the legend that is Sir Norman.

I'm not out to have a 'pop' at both of you - because I'm generally a great fan of your very passionate coverage of all things Albion. I do, however, think those two remarks were extremely shabby (to say the least). I'm all the more disappointed because I genuinely thought/think you're better than that.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I'm not out to have a 'pop' at both of you - because I'm generally a great fan of your very passionate coverage of all things Albion. I do, however, think those two remarks were extremely shabby (to say the least). I'm all the more disappointed because I genuinely thought/think you're better than that.

We are all entitled to our opinions and I take on board what you say, but I still think in the grand scheme of things it wasn't exactly life threatening or earth shattering, nevertheless I re-iterate my earlier apology and will repeat this on air on Saturday.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We are all entitled to our opinions and I take on board what you say, but I still think in the grand scheme of things it wasn't exactly life threatening or earth shattering, nevertheless I re-iterate my earlier apology and will repeat this on air on Saturday.

I'm not entirely convinced you really 'get' the real essence of why the comment(s) were unacceptable (hey-ho), but I do recognise that both yourself & Norm are decent folk & don't intentionally cause offense to anybody. Jeez, I do similar things myself - but I hope that if & when I'm next unintentionally disrespectful, I'll take it on board. Well, here's hoping anyway! That, I guess, is the point I'm trying to raise. It's 'kin hard being human sometimes ain't it??! Cheers Ian :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

I thought I was a bit much Ian to be honest you really just can't say that sort of thing ........but you are a nice fella and a good host and I like you although the missus is convinced she will never see you and Alan Partridge in the same room.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Leave Harty alone u sad fuckers....he does a great job and is a top bloke so what about the comment he said...the week he was away the phone in was dire....If you dont like the callers that call in...get off your arses and call in...Ian Hart has fought for this club and does loads for this club still...Like I have said many times do all your whingers want to go back to Jon lees and 15 minute updates and no phones in....Ian Hart:bowdown:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Leave Harty alone u sad fuckers....he does a great job and is a top bloke so what about the comment he said...the week he was away the phone in was dire....If you dont like the callers that call in...get off your arses and call in...Ian Hart has fought for this club and does loads for this club still...Like I have said many times do all your whingers want to go back to Jon lees and 15 minute updates and no phones in....Ian Hart:bowdown:

Why the hell am I a 'sad fucker' to point something out that was insensitive & publicly broadcast to a varied audience? Just coz you thought all was all OK doesn't mean we all do. For your information, I think Harty continues to do a sterling job for everybody who loves our club, but he's professional & he's evidently big enough to take things on board & look to apologise when he gets things wrong. That's a pretty f***ing good way to be, if you ask me.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Why the hell am I a 'sad fucker' to point something out that was insensitive & publicly broadcast to a varied audience? Just coz you thought all was all OK doesn't mean we all do. For your information, I think Harty continues to do a sterling job for everybody who loves our club, but he's professional & he's evidently big enough to take things on board & look to apologise when he gets things wrong. That's a pretty f***ing good way to be, if you ask me.

I agree with the above, I did not hear the comments said on Tuesdays show but on other occasions I have heard Harty comment on gay pride and women callers, which have been tabloid at best. I think he puts in a lot of effort doing the show and running a buisness, however he does need to see his listeners are from all walks of life and backgrounds.

I text in but do not call, but a young lad who sits near me (the future of the Albion) calls in and is often cut short or derided by posters on here that also do not call in.

I am sure debates can be managed while still staying in simple boundarys of decency, don't the BBC issue Alan Partridge DVD as a simple avoid at all costs, I mean you can always just say sorry.

YouTube - alan partridge on farming

YouTube - Alan Partridge - Lesbians

Anal Dirge Prat :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here