Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - patronising and pompous

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bozza said:
What happened after the Orient game? What was this 'savaging' ?

(Note: I don't listen to the phone-in due to the whole Premium TV/Non-Microsoft technology shambles, and I've hardly been on NSC all week)

some chap rang up suggesting that as Harty had devoted some air time to andy naylors comments in the paper about DK and his 10 years that in some way IH was defending Naylor and being anti DK. He then went on in increasing tones of anger top accuse IH of being anti DK and it all got a bit silly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Harty was too quick to cut her off and also the comments though tongue in cheek could be deemed offensive by others.

DTG has a very good style and listens then asks a good question were appropriate so it works better.

Reckon DTG would be very good at interviewing people.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Dave the Gaffer said:

I am not really sure what people want here....if we do a 606 type show, where you get a minute and then you are off, or a talksport where you get 5 minutes and then the " experts " talk for 15.
Neither - they are both awful and tedious. I thought the whole point of a phone-in was to get the publics/fans reactions, not to listen to the host blathering on and on and on about his/her own pet fantasy......... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I don't normally listen to the phone in, but i did yesterday with the tele on mute with the man u game on.

Ive always though phone in's are mainly for fans to give there views on parts of the game when things are not going right, ie so and so would have done a better job in that position. But with 2 great wins obviously theres a lack of material for the moan brigaded and had to find to have a go about horns which i found slightly sad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can understand people suggesting Harty is patronising but pompous? :ohmy: No way.

Do any of your believe Harty is like this dictionary description?

1. Characterized by excessive self-esteem or exaggerated dignity; pretentious:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is what it is.
I LOVE the fact that its unprofessional. I don't want to listen to a slick, expertly run, clinical phone-in. Its pure local radio at its finest. Dubious, confused opinions. Geriatrics harping back to 1948. Whinges about ball-boys getting assaulted. Patronising abuse. Stern rebukes. Contrived controversy. Its all part of the CHARM, and long may it continue.

:clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easy 10 said:
It is what it is.
I LOVE the fact that its unprofessional. I don't want to listen to a slick, expertly run, clinical phone-in. Its pure local radio at its finest. Dubious, confused opinions. Geriatrics harping back to 1948. Whinges about ball-boys getting assaulted. Patronising abuse. Stern rebukes. Contrived controversy. Its all part of the CHARM, and long may it continue.

:clap:

Agree 100%. Harty is highly entertaining, in a fanzine editor type of way, who gives a shit about the match, you can't change the result after the 90 minutes anyway. We want PASSION, LUNACY and CONTROVERSY.

I love it when Harty has a bee in his bonnet about something, he is a superb conspiracy theorist, always convinced that the club are up to no good, and a bit of healthy skepticism does us no harm.

What you cannot fault also is that he is blue and white all the way through.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
El Presidente said:
Agree 100%. Harty is highly entertaining, in a fanzine editor type of way, who gives a shit about the match, you can't change the result after the 90 minutes anyway. We want PASSION, LUNACY and CONTROVERSY.

I love it when Harty has a bee in his bonnet about something, he is a superb conspiracy theorist, always convinced that the club are up to no good, and a bit of healthy skepticism does us no harm.

What you cannot fault also is that he is blue and white all the way through.

And that is the correct answer :clap: :clap: :clap:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
True Albion Legend.Loves this club and bleeds blue and white,but cant speak his true views on the phone in.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Definately a better actor than radio host. His John Lennon is amazing.

ian-hart02.jpg

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Ian Hart

IanHart.jpg

Superb as John Lennon, in both Backbeat and The Hours And Times.

Not so fussed by his role in the first Harry Potter film, mind.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Great minds think alike.

And so do ours, it seems...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here