Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty - patronising and pompous

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
bhanutz said:
The trouble is Harty and DTG love their own voices too much!

When you actually listen to what they say it is not an awful lot!

It is the worst phone in show ever FACT!

Don't listen to it then, its not that difficult to switch a radio off is it?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
is the correct answer, you tell em

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gaffer is the voice from the terraces and he does a great job , this guy is not a professional and comes across very well on the radio, I think its great Harty has someone like DTG with him

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I really like the phone in and and always rush back to the car to catch it but today it was pretty piss poor. Hardly any of the callers had been to the game and Harty let himself down by patronising Sue who had had the ordacity to tell him to get on and talk about the football. The guy who rattled on about Dick Knight not spending any money was a burke as well. He could put some money into the club himself by paying to watch a game. Some other bloke who saw his first game in 1947 and probably his last one in 1948.

It would have nice to talk about the game because lets be honest until our first goal went in it was pretty rank. Would also been good to hear people's views on Bertin, Ward and Savage.

Lots to talk about other than Andy Naylor and horns, but wasn't that all that Sue was trying to say.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
After the call on the Orient show where harty was personally attcked for something he did not say about the Naylor article, then certainly He is on his guard.

Would that be the caller on Tuesday who quite rightly had a pop at Harty for having frequent pops at Dick Knight then whingeing about Andy Naylor doing the same? Caller had him bang to rights that night.

D

Deleted member 2719

Dave the Gaffer said:
that is a fair comment, and perhaps you are correct. if that comes accross,then i am truly sorry...i assure you its not meant to be that way. if our ego's are massaged, then that is not why we do it. i just enjoy the banter and hearing other people's opinions.

as i said, following on from the orient things, perhaps we are a bit sensitive and on our guard.

as i said though, apologise were made on air...i am not sure what else we can say

I actually feel you get a little bit dragged into it by Harty.

Harty was well out of order today if he had treated my missus like that on the phone today i would be knocking on his door tonight.
His apology seemed so insincere that i could beleive why he even bothered to say it.

I say if he likes to dish it out he should at least be man enough to take it on the chin, the guy went down in my estimations today as a man.

I also feel he owes you an apology for getting you into these situations.

I hope to hear an full sincere apology tuesday night to see what he really is made of.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think Harty should be hung, drawn and quartered. He clearly has no respect for human life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mouldy Boots said:
Harty was well out of order today if he had treated my missus like that on the phone today i would be knocking on his door tonight.
He's out. I think he's gone to Eastbourne.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Don't listen to it then, its not that difficult to switch a radio off is it?

I don't listen to it!

Listened to it once and that was enough!

That ok with you?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
If I were you BAG I would ignore bhanutz, he's what I like to call a rogue liberal. Basically he is left wing but has gone aggressively native for some reason, imagine Colonel Kurtz combined with LI and then bashed around the head a few times to bring the IQ level down.

Smart Mart said:
The phone in could be improved by Ian Hart letting his callers make their points in full without contstantly interupting or cutting across them with his own opinions.

In one of these:

nutshell.jpg

(It's a nutshell.)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think the phone in is worth a listen and Dave and Harty do a far better job than most of the moaners on here could do. We should be thankful that we have an hour devoted to our club - Imagine if you were a small lancashire club - you wouldn't get more than 2 mins of airtime !

Only thing I would agree with is that Ian tends to interupt and talk over others - Having said that, he fully admits that he DOES do that himself !

Can people please stop moaning about it though because Harty and Dave may just turn round and say f*** IT one day if people keep whinging and we will be left with no phone in at all then :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle Spielberg said:
I like the Harty and Gaffer show , come on give these guys a break , the phone in is essential viewing and by and large they do a great job, what would you prefer Gardeners Questions and Answers from Ethel in East Grinstead ???

OK this is a new one on me US, how do you view a phone in ?

D

Deleted member 2719

Wilko said:
I think the phone in is worth a listen and Dave and Harty do a far better job than most of the moaners on here could do. We should be thankful that we have an hour devoted to our club - Imagine if you were a small lancashire club - you wouldn't get more than 2 mins of airtime !

Only thing I would agree with is that Ian tends to interupt and talk over others - Having said that, he fully admits that he DOES do that himself !

Can people please stop moaning about it though because Harty and Dave may just turn round and say f*** IT one day if people keep whinging and we will be left with no phone in at all then :(

Did you hear what Harty actually said today and even worse the tone he used.
It really wasn't good and i suspect Dave was sliding down in his chair with embarassment.
This is not a general "Harty you are crap thing" it is a "Harty come back to earth thing".
I for one will never knock his passion for the club but if he is in this position he must not abuse it - i thought he was to old to be playing a Chris Moyles type role!!

:lolol:

Just keep up the chat and stop trying to be shock jock that's all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Dave the Gaffer said:
i actually tjhought there was a lot about the match...certainly that young lad was very coherent.....

anyone know who this is referring to?

"but he and his limp lettuce cohort"

NS Herald said:
She said there were too many irrelevant calls and more time should be spent on calls about the match so he cut her off, called her the blue rinse brigade and then took a call that was a complete waste of time. He has said he will apologise but his attitude sucked:angry: :angry:

It sounds like she was wasting time being an instant critic, and making one more irrelevent call!

Sod her, bloody pink-rinser with a yorkie under the arm called boopsie-woopsie, bigtime. Cut her off, and tell her she's fat. :salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here