Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley and Sparrow

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Non existant 2day.Bridcutt might aswell have been by himself in the centre we are seriously lacking creativty in mid and conversion upfront.coventry is now a massive game with southampton coming up after
I must of watched a different game yesterday yet again. Agree about Harley, but sparrow had a good game, didn't really put a foot wrong, and nearly scored with some great play in first half. CMS missed at least 3 sitters, but no one moans at all, but as soon as Harley Mis placed a pass the fans are on his back straight away. Maybe try supporting all the players like we do with CMS? Just a thought!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
The problem is it's difficult to judge the players because they're not just playing the game they grew up with. They are playing a strict system devised by Gus which he believes in and so far has been the ride of a lifetime. It may have hit a sticky patch at the moment but we have to give him time to push on through.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Not sure about his game being a cracker ... the goal was for sure.

As I said in earlier post I'm not one for criticising players generally .. will join in the ratings thing and criticise elements in a game, it's part and parcel of being a fan. But how anyone can rate this fella is beyond me. Where were the so called improved performances? I agree against a poor Coventry side he was in the game a bit more otherwise I haven't seen it. I watched him off the ball against Barnsley and his workrate was embarrassing. He hardly ever tracked back, wasn't making himself available at all and seemed totally content to not see the ball at all. We haven't got the luxury in this position ... this is the player that needs to be bossing things/making things happen. It's not the way Gus makes them play ... you'd still see the individual qualities that you see from others. If he is improving (which I'd argue he isn't) has he improved to a level where he now deserves to start?

There's no passion in his game, no grit, he doesn't take control and appears quite at ease being a passenger.

For those that say he's improving I'd like to see their list of worse players in our squad coz this fella comes a distant last in my book.

Great post. I watched Harley today and thought he made an effort in the first half. However, he was dire in the second half and I, and about 10 other fans around me, were amazed that he wasn't subbed off.

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
I must of watched a different game yesterday yet again. Agree about Harley, but sparrow had a good game, didn't really put a foot wrong, and nearly scored with some great play in first half. CMS missed at least 3 sitters, but no one moans at all, but as soon as Harley Mis placed a pass the fans are on his back straight away. Maybe try supporting all the players like we do with CMS? Just a thought!
I can assure u alot of people were cursing cms for missing hence why alot of people are questioning him now.i just hope we get on track against cov because if we dont with the games coming up things will get tricky

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Hear hear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here