Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley and Sparrow

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
First half today Harley did not stand out either bad or good. Second half though he bottled challenges, poor passes and strolled around. Was today a one off? Millwall penalty springs to mind!

lol the penalty..o my that old chestnut...hmm..how many penalties did we miss last year?...hey i know it was crap but a miss is a miss...and we missed loads last year...nope sox i don't count that one against him..but yur entitled to yur opinion

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Every game he plays springs to mind.

I thought he had a good game against either Notts Forest or Cov, apologies cant remember which. I got ridiculed for sticking up for him. However, he is just not up to it game in game out. Maybe with a stronger player than Sparrow in midfield, we might get away with him. He obviously does have some talent but he is a massive luxury, one which Gus has not yet got right in his inclusion.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
lol the penalty..o my that old chestnut...hmm..how many penalties did we miss last year?...hey i know it was crap but a miss is a miss...and we missed loads last year...nope sox i don't count that one against him..but yur entitled to yur opinion

I bet your one of these types who didn't want Adams mk2 sacked cos he was a good servant to the club! It's a results game and we are not getting them, on top of which the football is crap.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
yep blatantly untrue ...ffs get off harleys back...course he cares...he might hav been strutting round too much at one time..but i believe he is much better than peeps like u make out...such an easy target isn't he IMHO

You dont strutt around when your 2-0 down mate, you roll your f***ing sleeves up and get stuck in and try and retrieve the situation. I wasnt there but did Harley show any signs of this???????

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Fair play LR, at the end of the day we are all ALBION and we all want the same thing. I will happily shave Harley is a god into my hair and run naked from one end of the AMEX to the other if he scores the penalty which sends us into the premiership.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I thought he had a good game against either Notts Forest or Cov, apologies cant remember which. I got ridiculed for sticking up for him. However, he is just not up to it game in game out. Maybe with a stronger player than Sparrow in midfield, we might get away with him. He obviously does have some talent but he is a massive luxury, one which Gus has not yet got right in his inclusion.

I personally think he has got talent, no question, but the billy big bollocks mentality is where people get frustrated with him. Show some f***ing fight and not shirk challenges!!!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He isn't a luxury player he's just shit, I'd rather have 2 players upfront than him strolling around in midfield, he really offers nothing.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

He isn't a luxury player he's just shit, I'd rather have 2 players upfront than him strolling around in midfield, he really offers nothing.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I personally think he has got talent, no question, but the billy big bollocks mentality is where people get frustrated with him. Show some f***ing fight and not shirk challenges!!!

I should have typed THIS!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Harley would be a good player to bring on at 3-0 up, his strolling manner would really piss off the opposition :lolol: Sparrow and Harley are just a bit lightweight to be paired together, I'm sure Gus will try and sign a midfield tackler (a Karl Henry type) in January. Harley can pick a decent pass, but he's a bit of a coward in the tackle.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Harley would be a good player to bring on at 3-0 up, his strolling manner would really piss off the opposition :lolol: Sparrow and Harley are just a bit lightweight to be paired together, I'm sure Gus will try and sign a midfield tackler (a Karl Henry type) in January. Harley can pick a decent pass, but he's a bit of a coward in the tackle.

Can pick a pass?? He was very wasteful today

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
First half today Harley did not stand out either bad or good. Second half though he bottled challenges, poor passes and strolled around. Was today a one off? Millwall penalty springs to mind!

Milwall penalty? Christ he's played crap all season apart from a very mediocre Coventry (was it?) game

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Milwall penalty? Christ he's played crap all season apart from a very mediocre Coventry (was it?) game

I have tried to be objective in my appraisal of him this season, maybe, just maybe, if Gus had a stronger midfield player than Sparrow, Harley might shine. If there was a player willing to give 100% for the stripes in his place today, it might have made a difference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here