Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harley and Sparrow

With the greatest of respect I would take Gary Dicker with his cast on over Harley given todays performance.

I would too prefer Dicker but both him and Harley get abused for the same things. Gus asks them to play a more risky game and they get the abuse they dont deserve. Both wimp out of tackles and both can appear slightly "lazy".

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I will look round the threads on the forum and conclude that people clicking a button on "yes" or "no" that were not even at the game cannot possibly judge whether he is improving or not. Funny because speaking to a lot of NSC posters who were at the game today think he has been improving.

whilst i wouldnt lower myself to suggest your a cretenous fool or an idiot, you reserve the right to have your opinion. i might also add that i actually think harley does have ability but chooses to ruin that with a billy big bollocks attitude which infuriates plenty of us fans.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I would too prefer Dicker but both him and Harley get abused for the same things. Gus asks them to play a more risky game and they get the abuse they dont deserve. Both wimp out of tackles and both can appear slightly "lazy".

Maybe Gus is asking them both to play a risky game, we will never know though but Dicker gives at least 100% compared to Harleys single figures today.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Harley can put in a good pass...but he is lacking vim,saw him pullout of 3 tackles today...if he is afraid of getting clobbered and hurt or determined to keep 11 men on the pitch is a matter of conjecture between fans,we all have opinions and different views....I still need convincing he is the man for that position.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
But i thought, according to murray, he was improving???

I will bow to murray, I think he has improved but its the low starting point which is of concern to me. Its like saying I could improve if I was given 7-8 games for the Albion. I would still be shit in comparison to a class championship midfielder.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I will bow to murray, I think he has improved but its the low starting point which is of concern to me. Its like saying I could improve if I was given 7-8 games for the Albion. I would still be shit in comparison to a class championship midfielder.

so what were his marks out of 10 today?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
so what were his marks out of 10 today?

I would have given Harley a 4 or 5 today max. He did well to pick out the unmarked ball boy though in the 2nd half.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
so he has improved week by week to a 4/5 out of 10? and this is improvement?

Well yes he has improved from the 2 I gave him previously. Im only going to waste one more post on Harley. He has talent, he does, but he is a shirker, he goes missing, a bottler, he will get injured if he pulls out of tackles like he did today, he cant take a penalty for toffee. Until he sorts this out he is costing us. Would I like Gus to be proved right, yes I really would.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I actually think Harley is good technically. Indeed better on the ball than all our midfielders.

However he has to be carried and we haven't got a strong enough side to carry him.

For our midfield to carry someone he needs to be absolute class...

VICENTE is that man but hasn't worked out as of yet.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Well yes he has improved from the 2 I gave him previously. Im only going to waste one more post on Harley. He has talent, he does, but he is a shirker, he goes missing, a bottler, he will get injured if he pulls out of tackles like he did today, he cant take a penalty for toffee. Until he sorts this out he is costing us. Would I like Gus to be proved right, yes I really would.

Well your actual answer should have been NO! his first game for us was a cracker in which he scored a great free kick and got ratings of around 7-8. His performances of late have warranted marks of between 1-4. So NO he hasnt got any f***ing better has he!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
his first game for us was a cracker

Not sure about his game being a cracker ... the goal was for sure.

As I said in earlier post I'm not one for criticising players generally .. will join in the ratings thing and criticise elements in a game, it's part and parcel of being a fan. But how anyone can rate this fella is beyond me. Where were the so called improved performances? I agree against a poor Coventry side he was in the game a bit more otherwise I haven't seen it. I watched him off the ball against Barnsley and his workrate was embarrassing. He hardly ever tracked back, wasn't making himself available at all and seemed totally content to not see the ball at all. We haven't got the luxury in this position ... this is the player that needs to be bossing things/making things happen. It's not the way Gus makes them play ... you'd still see the individual qualities that you see from others. If he is improving (which I'd argue he isn't) has he improved to a level where he now deserves to start?

There's no passion in his game, no grit, he doesn't take control and appears quite at ease being a passenger.

For those that say he's improving I'd like to see their list of worse players in our squad coz this fella comes a distant last in my book.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
bha

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Agreed!

Losing today was nothing to do with those two. Reading exposed both our full backs lack of pace, we missed 3 clear cut chances (paynter x1, CMS x2) and the ref didn't give what looked to me like a clear pen.

Agree with these posts. We created enough today to at least draw. For me, Harley has been improving each game.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Not sure about his game being a cracker ... the goal was for sure.

As I said in earlier post I'm not one for criticising players generally .. will join in the ratings thing and criticise elements in a game, it's part and parcel of being a fan. But how anyone can rate this fella is beyond me. Where were the so called improved performances? I agree against a poor Coventry side he was in the game a bit more otherwise I haven't seen it. I watched him off the ball against Barnsley and his workrate was embarrassing. He hardly ever tracked back, wasn't making himself available at all and seemed totally content to not see the ball at all. We haven't got the luxury in this position ... this is the player that needs to be bossing things/making things happen. It's not the way Gus makes them play ... you'd still see the individual qualities that you see from others. If he is improving (which I'd argue he isn't) has he improved to a level where he now deserves to start?

There's no passion in his game, no grit, he doesn't take control and appears quite at ease being a passenger.

For those that say he's improving I'd like to see their list of worse players in our squad coz this fella comes a distant last in my book.

Spot on - I tried to point this out to murraymints but he wouldnt have it. He think everyones a cetin if they think Harley isnt improving! He obviously doesnt understand football at all and needs some help.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Agree with these posts. We created enough today to at least draw. For me, Harley has been improving each game.

From a decent first performance to very poor performances!!! Hardly an improvement is it. Some people just dont understand the basics!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here