• She was absolutely bloody awful as PM

Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"Any man who rides a bus to work after the age of 30 can count himself a failure in life. "
---Margaret Thatcher, former British PM

So wrong on so many levels.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
cant wait for her to die so i can dance on her grave to elvis costello's requiem for her death

TRAMP THE DIRT DOWN

Elvis Costello - Tramp The Dirt Down Lyrics
I saw a newspaper picture from the political campaign
A woman was kissing a child, who was obviously in pain
She spills with compassion, as that young child?s
Face in her hands she grips
Can you imagine all that greed and avarice
Coming down on that child?s lips

Well I hope I don?t die too soon
I pray the lord my soul to save
Oh I?ll be a good boy, I?m trying so hard to behave
Because there?s one thing I know, I?d like to live
Long enough to savour
That?s when they finally put you in the ground
I?ll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

When england was the whore of the world
Margeret was her madam
And the future looked as bright and as clear as
The black tarmacadam
Well I hope that she sleeps well at night, isn?t
Haunted by every tiny detail
?cos when she held that lovely face in her hands
All she thought of was betrayal

And now the cynical ones say that it all ends the same in the
long run
Try telling that to the desperate father who just squeezed the
life from his only son
And how it?s only voices in your head and dreams you never
dreamt
Try telling him the subtle difference between justice and
contempt
Try telling me she isn?t angry with this pitiful discontent
When they flaunt it in your face as you line up for punishment
And then expect you to say thank you straighten up, look proud
and pleased
Because you?ve only got the symptoms, you haven?t got the whole
disease
Just like a schoolboy, whose head?s like a tin-can
Filled up with dreams then poured down the drain
Try telling that to the boys on both sides, being blown to bits
or beaten and maimed
Who takes all the glory and none of the shame

Well I hope you live long now, I pray the lord your soul to keep
I think I?ll be going before we fold our arms and start to weep
I never thought for a moment that human life could be so cheap
?cos when they finally put you in the ground
They?ll stand there laughing and tramp the dirt down

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
strange 15 - 38% said visionary but very little have posted anything positive on here. I went OK PM by the way ( no worse than Blair ).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Thatcher and her policies destroyed the infrastructure of this once great country, and caused most of the problems that we still have today - unemployment, social unrest, rich/poor divide, fat cat industrialists, warmongering, educational decay, the fall of the National Health Service (once the envy of the world), pensioner poverty, high utility costs, rampant inflation (in her time) etc, etc

Heartless Cow!

:flameboun

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Kent Seagull said:
Oh yeah, wasn't she great? 3 million people on the dole, mining industry completely destroyed, ship building wrecked, whole swathes of industry forced abroad, riots on the streets.

Wasn't Britain great with her at the helm? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Yes & the council house right to buy. How may people did she make homeless in having bought their houses could not keep up the mortgage repayments with negative equity If these people were not enough, wasn't care in the community great, closing all the mental hospitals (well most of them). I remember pre Thatcher when there was just the 'bag lady' & the '10p for a cup of tea guy' on the streets of Brighton & then there were thousands turned out onto the streets. She destroyed industry & when she clearly would not have survived a general election to divert public opinion sank the Belgrano. Worse was her sheer arrogance; Blair has nothing on her, who remembers how she spoke to that journalist when she leered down into the camera & said she was not just the first woman PM but the first PM with a science degree.

However what I will never forgive her for was when Pinochet was in the process of being extradited from Spain he came here & Thatcher had him around for tea & put him up for a few days. This guy was a war criminal & Thatcher should have been strung up for that; at least charged. It was all conveniently swept under the carpet. She was alway will be in my opinion fascist scum.

(Finally when she pegs it they will hardly bury her will they? It will have to be cremation or an unmarked grave. Mind you with her ideals of a free market economy she has probably already a scheme to charge for the privilige to piss or dance on her grave. Party rates for all night graves).

Dandyman

In London village.
33057 Seagull said:
Yes & the council house right to buy. How may people did she make homeless in having bought their houses could not keep up the mortgage repayments with negative equity If these people were not enough, wasn't care in the community great, closing all the mental hospitals (well most of them). I remember pre Thatcher when there was just the 'bag lady' & the '10p for a cup of tea guy' on the streets of Brighton & then there were thousands turned out onto the streets. She destroyed industry & when she clearly would not have survived a general election to divert public opinion sank the Belgrano. Worse was her sheer arrogance; Blair has nothing on her, who remembers how she spoke to that journalist when she leered down into the camera & said she was not just the first woman PM but the first PM with a science degree.

However what I will never forgive her for was when Pinochet was in the process of being extradited from Spain he came here & Thatcher had him around for tea & put him up for a few days. This guy was a war criminal & Thatcher should have been strung up for that; at least charged. It was all conveniently swept under the carpet. She was alway will be in my opinion fascist scum.

(Finally when she pegs it they will hardly bury her will they? It will have to be cremation or an unmarked grave. Mind you with her ideals of a free market economy she has probably already a scheme to charge for the privilige to piss or dance on her grave. Party rates for all night graves).

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
80 today. I shan't be celebrating till the day she drops (with a brief amnesty when Falmer gets the green light).

She was a visionary and changed the country. Trouble was she was a visionary wearing blinkers. She just couldn't see the enduring hardship and suffering that she put a lot of honest hardworking citizens through. Even after all these years, I'm not convinced that she changed the country for the better. She was the one who took the first faltering steps towards an American value system, and look where that's led us. You can't cherry pick bits of society - it's all or nothing.

Without Thatcher we'd not have Blair. Well that's a bloody good argument against Thatcher in itself.

If there's one person on the planet that I'd bruise my knuckles on, it's be her, for the sake of those that she punished, just for being human.

Bitch.

Rant over.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Yes, she made mistakes but basically she was / is the same as most politicians ( Blair included ) - out of touch with reality and only in it for the power !!!

Two positive points :

- she crushed the trade unions. They should be there to represent their members NOT be part of supporting a political party. Incidently, Scargill should carry as much blame for the destruction of the coal mining industry as Thatcher.

- she brought us the poll tax. *** prepares to be flamed ***. This tax was fair, everyone paid for the services supplied by the council. It wasn't based on the value of your property which made it fairer than council tax or rates. It costs no more to collect my rubbish than some who lives in a £5m house or someone in a bedsit so why the hell shouldn't they all pay the same. When I go to Tescos they don't say " Oh Mr Westdene you earn more than Mr Looney so we're going to charge you more for your can of baked beans " - what a half baked, crazy idea local tax based on either income or property value is. Everyone should pay for the services supplied and pay equally !!!!

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Kent Seagull said:
Oh yeah, wasn't she great? 3 million people on the dole, mining industry completely destroyed, ship building wrecked, whole swathes of industry forced abroad, riots on the streets.

Wasn't Britain great with her at the helm? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Yes Kent, there was unemployment (now calculated very differently so it is always going to be lower, but FFS do you not know how much unemployment there was in th 70's and the 50's and the 30's, she wasn't in power then. Unemployment goes in waves.

Mining Industry was unsustainable, but Scargill refused to conceed that some mines were un-tennable. Thatcher used the police as her own army, which is the most unfogivable thing she did during the strike, but the principal was reasonably sound.

Ship Building, as with mining, with higher standards of living and higher wages we could not sustain our manufacturing base, and we needed to move away from relying on heavy industry for our income.

Yes people were encouraged to be greedy with money in the early eighties, mainly due to economics, to increase the MPC (Marginal Propensity to Consume), to keep the country away from recession. This eventually failed due to the consumer credit boom of the late eighties which eventually led to a inability to pay back.

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Westdene Seagull said:

Two positive points :

- she crushed the trade unions. They should be there to represent their members NOT be part of supporting a political party. Incidently, Scargill should carry as much blame for the destruction of the coal mining industry as Thatcher.

- she brought us the poll tax. *** prepares to be flamed ***. This tax was fair, everyone paid for the services supplied by the council. It wasn't based on the value of your property which made it fairer than council tax or rates. It costs no more to collect my rubbish than some who lives in a £5m house or someone in a bedsit so why the hell shouldn't they all pay the same. When I go to Tescos they don't say " Oh Mr Westdene you earn more than Mr Looney so we're going to charge you more for your can of baked beans " - what a half baked, crazy idea local tax based on either income or property value is. Everyone should pay for the services supplied and pay equally !!!!

Maybe valid point on the second one although whatever system of rates, poll tax, council tax they will always be unfair to some sections of society & beneficial to others.

On your first point you could write a book on this & I dare say these have been written. Scargill may well have been his own worst enemy but when he said that by the end of the 20th century there would only be 10 pits left open, everybody laughed at him but he was not far wrong, was he? Thatcher's 'war' on the miners was purely political to punish them & curb the trade unions but as a result countless viable pits were shut. This was nothing to do with economics. This country had & still has hundreds of years of coal supplies but our few remaining coal fired power staions are importing this now from USA, Australia, Russia & Germany where it costs more to get it out of the ground than it ever did with the NCB. I know that German coal was always hevily subsidized & their trade unions were always far more militant than British unions; despite the hype from the likes of the Daily Mail who would always have us believe (& still do ) otherwise. :shootself

And what is the bet that when she dies Blair will be the first to praise her as the great person that he has aspired to emulate.

Rant over.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
33057 Seagull said:
Maybe valid point on the second one although whatever system of rates, poll tax, council tax they will always be unfair to some sections of society & beneficial to others.

On your first point you could write a book on this & I dare say these have been written. Scargill may well have been his own worst enemy but when he said that by the end of the 20th century there would only be 10 pits left open, everybody laughed at him but he was not far wrong, was he? Thatcher's 'war' on the miners was purely political to punish them & curb the trade unions but as a result countless viable pits were shut. This was nothing to do with economics. This country had & still has hundreds of years of coal supplies but our few remaining coal fired power staions are importing this now from USA, Australia, Russia & Germany where it costs more to get it out of the ground than it ever did with the NCB. I know that German coal was always hevily subsidized & their trade unions were always far more militant than British unions; despite the hype from the likes of the Daily Mail who would always have us believe (& still do ) otherwise. :shootself

And what is the bet that when she dies Blair will be the first to praise her as the great person that he has aspired to emulate.

Rant over.
Well if Blair says that then I believe him

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Uncle Spielberg said:

People on TV saying while the government pays everything for me why bother to go to work, girls of 19 with 3 kids by different dads because the state make being a teenage single mum a career option.

This sort of thing really winds me up.

Most teenage mums end up in that situation because they are poorly educated, have inadequate sex education, have to rely on inadequate sexual health services, may be pressurised by boyfriends to have unprotected sex, and are often one of the most vulnerable sections of society.

Very few become mothers as a "career option".

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
She was an evil c*nt. Sorry but that she should be up in front of war crimes jury for sinking the belgrano

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I danced with joy when Calaham died, has that wanker Healy snuffed it yet, some people say the Torys were responsible for the death of ship building, most of the f***ing ships we built were warships and I seem to remember Healy cancelled two big aircraft carriers in the sixties costing thousands of jobs and the end of Haarland and Wolfe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
n1 gull said:
She was an evil c*nt. Sorry but that she should be up in front of war crimes jury for sinking the belgrano

Er ? Agentina invaded UK land with FORCE. They sent warships and marines and then bitched when we attacked them and sunk one of their warships.

No sympathy here I'm afraid.

Blair and Bush invading a soverign state - much more like a war crime in my mind !

It's strange how it's wrong for Argentina to launch an unprovoked attack and invade but it's OK for us to do it to Iraq because we didn't like their leader ( oh, and the small matter of oil ).

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
thatcherbirthday.jpg

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No it wasn't ok for Argentina to invade the Falklands and it wasn't ok for us to kill over 200 of their sailors when the ship was outside the exclusion zone and heading away from the Islands.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
n1 gull said:
We were at war you fool, and b4 u say it(exclusionzone) Alls fair in love and war! And it was the last proper shooting war that you will ever likly to see again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here