Votes: 44 49.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maggie Thatcher is 80 today.

How will you be celebrating ?.

Engage in this poll and post your thoughts on the Iron Lady and her achievements.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
If Thatcher's 80 that's proof only the good die young.

Die bitch, so I can dance on your grave.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
cantankerous old bat

Happy Birthay Dear

Don't tread on any land mines will you

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
evil woman made the city rich and sold off the countries assets.

Hope its her last birthday

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Happy Birthday Maggie. If the Argie try and take over the Albion can you send in the fleet please.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Council right to buy ???

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
See, people have forgotten how shite life was in th 70's, 3 day weeks, high unemployment, soaring interest rates.

What Thatcher did (and I am no lover of her ) was to shake up the country, whether some of it was good and some of it was bad, is open to debate, but she changed the way Britain was being led by the Unions, which was wrong.

So I can't hate her, she made mistakes, but then so has Blair.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
StaffsGull said:
See, people have forgotten how shite life was in th 70's, 3 day weeks, high unemployment, soaring interest rates.

What Thatcher did (and I am no lover of her ) was to shake up the country, whether some of it was good and some of it was bad, is open to debate, but she changed the way Britain was being led by the Unions, which was wrong.

So I can't hate her, she made mistakes, but then so has Blair.
:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Her attitude of get off your arse and try and achieve something had to be applauded. Could do with a bit more of that now, rather than £ 9 000 000 000 benefit fraud in the 3 years, £ 9 000 000 000 ffs :eek: .

People on TV saying while the government pays everything for me why bother to go to work, girls of 19 with 3 kids by different dads because the state make being a teenage single mum a career option.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Oh yeah, wasn't she great? 3 million people on the dole, mining industry completely destroyed, ship building wrecked, whole swathes of industry forced abroad, riots on the streets.

Wasn't Britain great with her at the helm? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Happy Birthday :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :birthday:

You were, and always will be the greatest Prime Minister that this country has had.

Uncle Spielberg said:
Council right to buy ???
Yeah.

Add the destruction of the nation's social housing stock to the list of her crimes.

The main reason why a whole generation of young people now find housing unaffordable.

Last edited:

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Uncle Spielberg said:
Council right to buy ???
Which translated into an opportunity for individuals to make huge profits from re-selling their former home, while permanently removing stocks of affordable housing from the reach of lower income groups. Yeah, great idea. Why are house prices so high now... anyone?

The only good thing the old bag ever did was cover up that ludicrous 'world art' design on the BA model aircraft. Wasn't long before they dropped the idea.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
"No such thing as society" my arse. We're still paying for the consequences of her philosophy of selfishness and greed before anything else.

I'm saving a bottle of champagne for when the evil old bitch snuffs it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here