Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Micky Adams spent a fortune in comparison to every other team apart from Cardiff in our league at the time. This re-writing of history keeps happening and is bollocks. If we had the 2nd biggest budget now we could expect to be near the top, as it is I reckon we have one of the lowest and the bullshit about it being competitive in this league is getting hard to swallow. Been the same bollocks from the board for the last 4 years...they really do take us for mugs, which in fairness we probably are.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
whats the 2nd half like???? anyone listening to the game?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Micky's budget was far superior than anyone else in that division. We were poor until he bought Brooker & Zamora. People forget that he spent quite big in relative terms. Wilkins hasn't spent anywhere near the money Adams did

I did say it was harsh to compare and the point I was making is that Micky new where to look. Most of those players were surplus to requirements at their current clubs, but he could see something in them, having worked with most of them, to know they could do a job. Dean doesn't have that experience or knowledge, which isn't his fault, but highlights why he was a bad choice at this moment in time. We needed someone who knows this league and who has been about long enough to pick up a few diamonds in the rough.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Northampton are having the better of it.They seem much more of a threat.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another attack from Northampton.Just a matter of time now

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Commentators sound subdued, with little excitement by the sound of it

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I did say it was harsh to compare and the point I was making is that Micky new where to look. Most of those players were surplus to requirements at their current clubs, but he could see something in them, having worked with most of them, to know they could do a job. Dean doesn't have that experience or knowledge, which isn't his fault, but highlights why he was a bad choice at this moment in time. We needed someone who knows this league and who has been about long enough to pick up a few diamonds in the rough.

I Concur

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Northants commentary team "just waiting for Cobblers to score"

Don't worry Deano will shuffle all the magnetic strips around on his board and come up with something amazing to turn it all around, by the law of averages it will happen at sometime, why not today :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Seems to be no game plan for us.Players sound like lacking confidence.Poor passing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Seems to be no game plan for us.Players sound like lacking confidence.Poor passing.

They haven't won at home since February so I guess we can take it as read that they are lacking confidence, no doubt the crowd are turning by now as well, whic will only help Northampton

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bit better from us then

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lets get Adams back, bring Sir danny cullip to sort it all out.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
They haven't won at home since February so I guess we can take it as read that they are lacking confidence, no doubt the crowd are turning by now as well, whic will only help Northampton

If you take your family to the game..you could talking about a a ton......I think I'd consider turning if I'd just spent that...to watch trash that wilkins is serving up.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Getting a bit nasty now from northampton

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Commentators sound subdued, with little excitement by the sound of it

probably a fecking good thing I can't hear it then :flameboun

algie