Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammond

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You are 100% correct.Wilkins is not the man for the job,his record is awful.How ever the blame should lay at Dick Knights feet,yet again going for the cheap option and then a 3 year contract:angry:but now we have Falmer Sir Dick Knight will get away with anything.

Yeah his record is Awful and I hope he turns it around, but one thing that CANNOT happen is.........wilkins given more time than any other manager at this club would.

Meaning because of his history with the club with playing and coaching does not mean he is allowed extra time to drag us lower, its harsh but if the results dont come we cannot take a chance on us getting relegated or having another season like the last one.

Straight down the line...If we are performing badly and in the bottom six come the end of september...then its got to change.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so it doesn't matter who the manager is, we won't get results because we haven't any money for decent players

Free transfers.Giving contracts to rubbish players.Your view doesn't wash no more with most fans.Just spent 75k on Forster so there is cash available

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BRIGHTON - NORTHAMPTON HT

Possession
45% 55%

Shots on target
0 1

Shots off target
1 5

Corners
2 3

Fouls
8 10

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so it doesn't matter who the manager is, we won't get results because we haven't any money for decent players

I disagree...I dont feel that wilkins is getting the best out of the players, I just dont feel he is up to the job. Where as an expierience manager who has succeeded before and knows what it takes to bring sucess would know. So we keep wilkins losing and performing badly because we have no money, weve never had any real money in the past 5 years and look at the success!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just looked at the stats and apart from the goal we haven't had a shot on target:angry:
shots off target for northampton 5 us 1,now that is a shambles:angry:

relagation is well on the cards,why do we always play like we are the away team home and away,sort it out wilkins for fucks sake:censored:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not being able to keep a lead is now becoming the norm, I was quite optimistic before the season started but it appears it's the same old shit, no doubt it's gonna be the bent ref's fault again if we lose?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

We don,t have the money because we,re missing out on £80,000 a game due to 3500 empty seats....(they,re empty because of lack of investment in players)

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've always backed Wilkins but for the first time i'm starting to have doubts.I still believe Chapman and White shouldn't be at our club

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
We don,t have the money because we,re missing out on £80,000 a game due to 3500 empty seats....(they,re empty because of lack of investment in players)

iT'S BEEN MY ARGUMENT ALL ALONG........how can he appoint a bloke who's never managed in his life, sell all our best players and not really invest in the summer and expect people to go...its too expensive!

Stumpy Tim

Just looked at the stats and apart from the goal we haven't had a shot on target:angry:
shots off target for northampton 5 us 1,now that is a shambles:angry:

So we've had one shot in 43 minutes since the penalty... suggests all is not well. Truth is, with Robinson & Cox on the wings we are too lightweight... we've been playing well, so I don't see why Fraser was dropped for Robinson to be honest

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
But ti doesn't seem like Dean knows what we need or where to get the players even if we did. Where are the loan signings we used to get?

I think Wilkins was given a wages budget and a signings budget, and is probably on the limit on both counts. What other reason can there be for not getting some quality in?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I think Wilkins was given a wages budget and a signings budget, and is probably on the limit on both counts. What other reason can there be for not getting some quality in?

Sorry mate you are obviously not informed.Our budget is ment to be decent for this league which we haven't spent yet.Even Wilkins has said that.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal

I just don't think he has the contacts you need to be a manager at this level. You have to be able to pick up players who toher teams have let go, or get some decent young loan signings. Harsh to compare him to Micky, but Micky didn't spend a great deal, but bought in the likes of Cullip, Carpenter, Oatway, Rogers etc.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
what will bring us down eventually will be the inability of the board to demote Wilkins due to his history with the club. I am sure that there are some good managers floating about that would love to manage Brighton with all the potential that Falmer brings

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed

I agree. I've said it on here before. We don't get the gates because of the quality of player and we don't get the quality of player because of the gates

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
I just don't think he has the contacts you need to be a manager at this level. You have to be able to pick up players who toher teams have let go, or get some decent young loan signings. Harsh to compare him to Micky, but Micky didn't spend a great deal, but bought in the likes of Cullip, Carpenter, Oatway, Rogers etc.

I was thinking of exactly that. It was a Golden Team Adams put together. The formula didn't work later in his managerial career, but was brilliant for us :)

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
The sooner we get a decent manager in the better imho.

No disrespect to Dean and all the hard work he's done...but even Booker could have done better.

Stumpy Tim

Micky's budget was far superior than anyone else in that division. We were poor until he bought Brooker & Zamora. People forget that he spent quite big in relative terms. Wilkins hasn't spent anywhere near the money Adams did

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here