Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Had YOU heard of Vicente Rodriguez 3 days ago?

Had YOU heard of Vicente Rodriguez 3 days ago?

• Of course I had!

Votes: 151 46.5%
  • Uh, no, I hadn't actually. Does that make me a bad person?

Votes: 174 53.5%

• Total voters

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yes. I watch a lot of La Liga but have a great deal of knowledge of football generally away from the Albion, which is why I find many people who post on here moronic. He is a household name in Spanish football - he's about an aging Ashley Young or Stewart Downing in Premier League terms.

Did I win?

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I consider myself very knowledgeable about the domestic english game in all divisions but don't pay much attention to the Champions League & other Euro Leagues etc so I have to admit I'd never heard of him.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nope.Has he ever heard of me?Probably not!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes, I used to watch a lot of La Liga, especially in the era of the Valencia titles. It's become less fun the last few years as the big two have pulled so far away from the rest again.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Yes but probably only because i lived in Spain between 2002-2004 he was seriously famous and damn amazingly good, cant believe hes now playing for us and dtill only 30

Stumpy Tim

Yes. I watch a lot of La Liga but have a great deal of knowledge of football generally away from the Albion, which is why I find many people who post on here moronic. He is a household name in Spanish football - he's about an aging Ashley Young or Stewart Downing in Premier League terms.

It's funny. I have a Spanish mate who is always banging on about how great La Liga is etc... and when I said we were signing Vicente his immediate response was "I've never heard of him", and was followed by "I'll google him. He can't be that good though is he's playing in England". I had heard of him & this makes me realise what a clueless twat my mate is. Great bloke aside from that mind

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would your average Spanish fan, who lives in Spain and does not have any interest in the Premership at all, have heard of Shaun Wright-Phillips?....Just a thought.

Tux the albion Penguin

Resident Linux User
Sep 2, 2011
STADIO DE LA AMEX
Yes, only because of the football manager games. Went through hell trying to sign him though. Gus did a cheat I tell you lol

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sort of. I have just found a list of swapsies I had for the Panini WC 2006 Album. I had 3 Vicente's, but the stickers are missing..!

Voted no for the sake of the poll. He didn't ring a bell. I don't take a great deal of interest in International or European football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here