Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus playing to the crowd in the West Stand

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, the things you worry about...

For a mellow, grate-free life, read my blokes in the kitchen blog instead. It's about trout today. :)

I HATE river fish, can you do one on a nice white flakey sea fish?

Then I could chill out with a nice cold bottle of Sancerre

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
lol, I said Poyet won't take us down because if for one second it looked like we were heading that way, he would either

A..Walk away and play golf, as his ego could never handle it.
B..Be sacked before it was to late and hopefully get someone in to steer the ship to safety.

So no, we will never go down with Gus Poyet as manager of this football club.

C..he has the ability to keep us from going down..just a possibility like

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Because we have not won in 4 games is there anything else wrong with
A- gus
B - pies
c - transport
D- pushing in
E- roadworks
F- atmosphere
G - tactics
H- barnes
I- dicks bar rip off
J- programme rip off
K - too many stairs to west upper
L- people leaving early
M- Vicente waste of time
N- queues for drinks
O- catering is shit
P - website is shit
Q- Harley is shit ( justified )
R - north stand not big enough
S - Sussex by the sea sung too fast
T - tannoy not load enough
U- exiting from south west corner too slow
V - people drinking smirnoff ice in train queue
W - I'm struggling now
X - still struggling
Y - can't think of any more
Z - the end

Victor meldrew eat your heart out

I really hope we won our next game

Will since you ask..….............………

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Well, it's actually you who has nobody to blame other than him.

I'm sure that, seeing as Gus is an intelligent person, he has identified other things at play which affected the outcome, and will deal with them accordingly, above and beyond the overly facile contention of blaming everything on what one person alone decides.

Let's just hope he does so more successfully than in our other home games against Birmingham and Ipswich, where we also looked laboured and encountered similar difficulties in breaking down the opposition. Whether you like to admit it or not, Gus' recent team selections have been less than positive (some might say bizarre for the home team) and whilst I hope that our recent poor displays are just a blip, I'm growing increasingly worried; and I'm not the only one as you will know only too well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Let's just hope he does so more successfully than in our other home games against Birmingham and Ipswich, where we also looked laboured and encountered similar difficulties in breaking down the opposition. Whether you like to admit it or not, Gus' recent team selections have been less than positive (some might say bizarre for the home team) and whilst I hope that our recent poor displays are just a blip, I'm growing increasingly worried; and I'm not the only one as you will know only too well.

We were poor against Birmingham and laboured against Ipswich.

However, scoring goals aside (admittedly the most important aspect of the game), we battered Middlesbrough. If you think that three or four players, perfectly capable of scoring goals in a given position, bollocksing up easy-ish chances is the sole fault of the manager, I suggest you take your blame culture elsewhere.

The team selections have been fine - who would you have, an unfit Buckley? An out of form KLL? An injured Orlandi? The only one who ought to have played on Saturday who didn't was Dicker.

There's too much 'wisdom after the event' going on here, and as for people saying they're worried - that's their problem, but for some reason wish to emotionally transfer that worry onto Gus, who evidently isn't worried - more frustrated.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After a two week break everyone was looking forward to the match on Saturday and had high hopes.

The result was bad, the performance okay, but football being the emotional game it is, scapegoats need to be found.

Gus is an easy target as manager, and therefore people will pick up on ANYTHING that he does and use it as a vehicle to beat him over the head with it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
After a two week break everyone was looking forward to the match on Saturday and had high hopes.

The result was bad, the performance okay, but football being the emotional game it is, scapegoats need to be found.

Gus is an easy target as manager, and therefore people will pick up on ANYTHING that he does and use it as a vehicle to beat him over the head with it.

Exactly. This is the man who CHASED Ryan Harley for MONTHS.

The case for the prosecution rests. Open and shut case.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

If only it was just because of a bad run of four results.

I don't recall him getting any stick this time last season when we went on a 10 game winless streak.

I think the stick Gus is getting on here, has a lot more to do with the last four results.... we at least I hope it does.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I think everyone is getting their Knickers in a twist here. Yes we have not won in four games but we have not been outplayed and well beaten in any of these games. We are a whisker away from being genuine promotion contenders. Just because we have a nice new ground, young ambitious manager, supportive chairman, increasing support, does not mean we are going to be unbeatable.There are 20 teams in this league with similar profiles and ambitions! It will take time to build on our new-found high profile to establish a top-team mentality, but we are getting there.
Alarm bells will only start ringing for me if we went on another 10 game win-less streak!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If only it was just because of a bad run of four results.

I don't recall him getting any stick this time last season when we went on a 10 game winless streak.

I think the stick Gus is getting on here, has a lot more to do with the last four results.... we at least I hope it does.

You think 0-0 at Derby was a bad result? Really?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My word. Anyone would think we were Coventry of last season.

No need to panic. All will come good.

Perhaps Gus should start without El Abd and then put him on as soon as we've banged a couple of goals in? Start with the team we finished with?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here