Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus playing to the crowd in the West Stand

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gus was making some amazing faces on Saturday. I was hoping a photopgrapher might catch them, but I guess they were all sitting elsewhere.

He just kept sticking his tongue out further the worse D'Urso got.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
When the strikers miss he turns round to us and looks baffled. It is his job to get them to score isn't it?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Why don't penguins feet freeze ?

The system that stops a penguin's foot from freezing is very elaborate and sophisticated and employs two mechanisms.

The first one allows the penguin to control the rate of blood flowing to its feet by varying the diameter of arterial vessels supplying the blood. In cold conditions the flow is reduced, when it is warm the flow increases.

The second mechanism takes the form of 'counter current heat exchangers' at the top of the legs. The arteries, which supply warm blood and oxygen to the penguin's feet break up into many small vessels which are closely linked to similar numbers of venous vessels bringing cold blood back from the feet. So, when heat is lost from the arterial vessels, the venous vessels running in the opposite direction pick it up and carry it back through the body, rather than out through the feet. This means that in the very remote regions of the skin, cells get oxygen but heat isn't lost through this skin.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I for one can't wait for the Leeds game. If we as I suspect struggle tomorrow night and then again on Saturday. The Friday night game against Warnock's Leeds is going to be a massive game for Poyet and what's more Warnock will know it and sense blood. IF we lose the next two games we will have dropped from 1st to about 15th would be my guess and the pressure on Poyet will start to crank up big time. I for one don't think he will handle it. Interesting few weeks ahead!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When the strikers miss he turns round to us and looks baffled. It is his job to get them to score isn't it?

Maybe if he could combine waving his arms around with a magic wand in his hands , he could get them to score a goal eh? How do you make a striker score and not shoot straight at a keeper?

wilko1

Feb 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I love it.....love the way he is passionate about his club
He's a Latino, wears his heart on his sleeve, long may it continue

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe if he could combine waving his arms around with a magic wand in his hands ?

That'd be cool, and when it wasn't working he could CONDUCT the West Stand with the wand

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have no problems with Gus and enjoy my ringside seat at home games. Anyway if there is a problem with the officials Charlie gets to do most of the talking. What would you rather have an animated Gus or Steve Evans and all the negative issues associated with him. unless Gus gets sent to the stands and banned on a regular basis ling may he continue.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I'm just jealous that he has access to the 4th official and I don't. Otherwise it seems that he's behaving the same as 26,000 others so what's the problem?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I find him really entertaining on several levels and gesticulation wise he is a class act. It may have been my imagination but he looked as if he was about to kick over the water bottles again on Saturday but managed to stop himself before contact was made.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Jesus, so now he isn't allowed to be an emotional latin? What next? Does he need to change into sackcloth and ashes if we are losing at HT? Perhaps he could commit Hari Kari in the centre circle if we don't win the next 5 home games 10-0?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Is there anything else to left to moan about from Saturday? Dear oh dear..............personally I wasn't happy with Poyets shoes, thought they needed a polish, obviously this wouldn't be a problem if we were winning.......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe we should hire Alan Curbishley

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I used to be amused and quite enjoy this but recently it's started to grate. Sarcastically clapping the ref for giving us a decision, holding his arms out and pulling faces to the stand when a decision goes against us when we are a goal down, earbending the 4th official and generally behaving a bit like a spoilt kid who's had his ball nicked. He also comes across as a bit mental sometimes with his rants. I know he's a fan at heart so maybe I'm being harsh.

I have been the 1st to criticise past managers who look like they don't care, standing or sitting with arms crossed and showing no emotion but I think he needs to reign it in at the moment. I imagine that sub consciously, at least, refs think "f*** him" and don't give us decisions that they might otherwise have done.

Thoughts?

It was Gus I assume that selected the team on Saturday. He has nobody to blame for the outcome other than himself.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I used to be amused and quite enjoy this but recently it's started to grate. Sarcastically clapping the ref for giving us a decision, holding his arms out and pulling faces to the stand when a decision goes against us when we are a goal down, earbending the 4th official and generally behaving a bit like a spoilt kid who's had his ball nicked. He also comes across as a bit mental sometimes with his rants. I know he's a fan at heart so maybe I'm being harsh.

I have been the 1st to criticise past managers who look like they don't care, standing or sitting with arms crossed and showing no emotion but I think he needs to reign it in at the moment. I imagine that sub consciously, at least, refs think "f*** him" and don't give us decisions that they might otherwise have done.

Thoughts?

So you admit - whatever he does, it's going to bother you.

Brilliant.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It was Gus I assume that selected the team on Saturday. He has nobody to blame for the outcome other than himself.

Well, it's actually you who has nobody to blame other than him.

I'm sure that, seeing as Gus is an intelligent person, he has identified other things at play which affected the outcome, and will deal with them accordingly, above and beyond the overly facile contention of blaming everything on what one person alone decides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here