Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus playing to the crowd in the West Stand

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Well, it's actually you who has nobody to blame other than him.

I'm sure that, seeing as Gus is an intelligent person, he has identified other things at play which affected the outcome, and will deal with them accordingly, above and beyond the overly facile contention of blaming everything on what one person alone decides.

What makes you think he is intelligent???...Intelligent as in what, an academic?,,Does he have load of A levels?,,I bet the only time he has been to Oxford or Cambridge is to play a game of football. He is no more f***ing intelligent than most people on here, would be my guess and in some cases, a lot less intelligent. He is a football manager, after being a great player. Weather he is a any better than average football manager is about to unravel itself in the next few weeks.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What makes you think he is intelligent???...Intelligent as in what, an academic?,,Does he have load of A levels?,,I bet the only time he has been to Oxford or Cambridge is to play a game of football. He is no more f***ing intelligent than most people on here, would be my guess and in some cases, a lot less intelligent. He is a football manager, after being a great player. Weather he is a any better than average football manager is about to unravel itself in the next few weeks.

Whats the weather got to do with it :)

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
It's just Gus and I for one enjoy it much more entertaining than most other managers

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Interesting that you of all people should be so discerning about intelligence...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I think someone who can speak 4 languages fluently is rated to be fairly intelligent.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think someone who can speak 4 languages fluently is rated to be fairly intelligent.

Fair point, maybe he would make a good translator or something in the future. People who are fluent in four languages, should never be short of work. Shame is isn't fluent on four different kinds of football tactics, too break down sides who have worked you out.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Based on the last four matches? Not soon enough.

(Perhaps I should have said 'Concentrating on trying to win the game', just to be clear for the dipshits.)

On behalf of 'dipshits' everywhere, thank you for clarifying the situation. Let us all hope that our hapless clown of a manager can learn a bit quicker.

For the record, I suspect he will.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Fair point, maybe he would make a good translator or something in the future. People who are fluent in four languages, should never be short of work. Shame is isn't fluent on four different kinds of football tactics, too break down sides who have worked you out.

Sure you'd make a cracking manager! It's always thought to be highly intelligent and morale lifting to try and belitte someone who has helped turn around a football team in less than 3 seasons.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The same old mantra from you. Last season Burnley, with Eddie Howe in charge, took 6 points off of us, so everyone was saying that Burnley had worked us out. but this season we beat them 3-1.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I for one can't wait for the Leeds game. If we as I suspect struggle tomorrow night and then again on Saturday. The Friday night game against Warnock's Leeds is going to be a massive game for Poyet and what's more Warnock will know it and sense blood. IF we lose the next two games we will have dropped from 1st to about 15th would be my guess and the pressure on Poyet will start to crank up big time. I for one don't think he will handle it. Interesting few weeks ahead!!!

Comments like that make me think you WANT the team to fail.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sure you'd make a cracking manager! It's always thought to be highly intelligent and morale lifting to try and belitte someone who has helped turn around a football team in less than 3 seasons.

You will never ever hear me, belittling Mr Tony Bloom.....oh but your talking about Poyet. Like I have said many times before, he has done the job expected of him on what he has been given too work with. No more and no less than any manager worth his salt would have done with such backing. Do you really want a list of manager's who have won league 1 and then nothing more???...Poyet will be judged on what he does now, he has been given the tools to do the job, now it's time for him to do it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You will never ever hear me, belittling Mr Tony Bloom.....oh but your talking about Poyet. Like I have said many times before, he has done the job expected of him on what he has been given too work with. No more and no less than any manager worth his salt would have done with such backing. Do you really want a list of manager's who have won league 1 and then nothing more???...Poyet will be judged on what he does now, he has been given the tools to do the job, now it's time for him to do it.

Thankfully, Tony Bloom is nothing like as impatient as you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here