Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Not everyone has the same short-termist avaricious value system (unless, by inference from your post you're calling Gus a liar) ; Vicente being another example.

Stop being so aggressive

I would actually say that Vicente is immaterial to the argument. He was not fit and didn't have a club. We took him on, gave him recouperation time and it paid off for him ( and us) in the end. He has not said ( or we don't know) if he is coming back...we all hope he is obviously/

PW is 100% right on this

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Stop being so aggressive

I would actually say that Vicente is immaterial to the argument. He was not fit and didn't have a club. We took him on, gave him recouperation time and it paid off for him ( and us) in the end. He has not said ( or we don't know) if he is coming back...we all hope he is obviously/

PW is 100% right on this

Vicente is central to this argument by way of an example.

He was injured but he still could have picked any number of clubs ahead of us, including Premiership clubs. It wasn't about the money and the glory (just as well), he chose us because it felt right for him - because the set-up was right. CMS the same. These people might be few and far between but they do seem to reside at Brighton at the moment.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
More worried about Poyet taking Bridcutt with him wherever he goes and I would imagine as things stand he (Gus) won't be at the Albion come August. Players/Managers come and go, it's all part of footy. Be a shame but hey, we'll find a decent replacement I'm sure.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As much as I don't want him to leave, I think Gus would be perfect for Swansea. I know in terms of club size there are similiar, but the bottom line is they are a Premier League club and we're not.

The cost or prizing Poyet out of Brighton maybe too high for them though. They are obviously looking to spend money, having agreed a deal of Siggurdsson for £6m.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I think that there is a very real possibility Poyet will be off and this time next year he'll be managing a Championship team and we'll be preparing for a season in the Premier. Very risky move for him to go for a unestablished Premier team, I guess we'll find out what he's all about very soon.

D

Deleted member 22389

I tuned in to Talksport first time for ages. They where talking about Swansea job on H&J and said that Poyet was currently in Uruguay.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Am I the only one who doesn't really pay too much attention to the bookies odds on managers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here