Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
It could be the end of June before we get a manger installed

Has Christmas moved to June?? :eek:

:moo:

And some people were saying on the other thread that spelling doesn't matter....... :wave::wink:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Anyone know how much longer Ian 'Olloway has got left on his contract, and could speculate on how much compo would be linked to that time, compared to Gus's??

No idea, but even if it was 1 year left, i can see Blackpool holding out for a high number in compo, but we would hold out for high compo as well because of his contract length. Ball should start to get rolling tomorrow, but i cant see it being sorted for a good couple of weeks - or until Gus rules himself out.

Also nice to see in this topic they want Gus to leave - i mean its not as if he has taken us from the bottom of League 1 to the to half of the Championship in a short space of time :facepalm:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
there's a poyet thread on the swansea forum, that has a link to this thread.....some of them are pissed off that some of our fans consider it a bad move :lol:

The link wouldn't work which is a shame because I wanted to see in black and white (Swanzee pun intended) the Welsh kidding themselves of their self worth. He ain't goin nowhere for no money.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
there's a poyet thread on the swansea forum, that has a link to this thread.....some of them are pissed off that some of our fans consider it a bad move :lol:

The link wouldn't work which is a shame because I wanted to see in black and white (Swanzee pun intended) the Welsh kidding themselves of their self worth. He ain't goin nowhere for no money.

It does work mate, if not go to planetswans and there is a thread called "Poyet - Hypothetical"

this is what one of their fans said :lol:

"There's some right big time c*nts in their fan base isn't there

Are you sure that's the Brighton board? I mean 'Brighton' ffs. Who the f*ck do they think they are?"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are Swansea prepared to pay us £2m for Poyet? He's got 3/4 years left on his contract, if they want him, show us the money!

I think the compensation deal is going to be nearer to £5M because TB would have that sum in mind as an "escape clause" for Gus to leave before his contract is up when he signed the extension.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Some Swansea fan is very deluded. Dreaming of their next manager with very rosy specs on it seems.

" I wouldn't be shocked if Pepe Guadiola, turned round and went f**k it lets give them a go. Before you all dismiss it as lunacy. He went from Barca to Brecia as a player. He won everything with Barca, and left doubting his style of play and the media.

A non media pressure job, with a club aiming along the same principals and ethos could be something that would intrest him.

Dont rule out AVB either. "

Riiiigght :lol:

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I've just been on odds checker, Holloway is evens and Gus is about 3/1 - sounds about right to me

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree with this very much. One of those two, if not both, will seriously struggle next season & probably get relegated. However, if Swansea do come calling, I can't help but feel the temptation will be hard to resist despite him previously saying he would only leave for something special.

I think the events surrounding Rodgers and Lambert are perfect examples of why we can totally ignore what Managers say when it comes to their own ambitions

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've just been on odds checker, Holloway is evens and Gus is about 3/1 - sounds about right to me

Pity ... he's a bit of a loon and seems to have an attitude of "if we can score more than them we win", but if Gus were ever to go I'd like to have seen Holloway here

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Interesting to see Gus is still 4th favourite for Villa and 2nd favourite for Swansea above a lot of championship managers and teams that finished above us. I would have thought that Holloway and Houghton would have been above gus in the pecking order for both.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Just said on ATR that Gus is 3/1 favourite to go to Swansea if Rodgers goes to Liverpool

SSN had the latest odds this morning.

Holloway was Evens
followed by:
Gus 7/1
and the usual suspects all similar odds to Gus.

I'm doubtful that a future Chelski manager fancies upping sticks and living in South Wales for a few years.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Personally gus hasn't done anywhere near enough to be a prem manger,he still has a bloody lot to learn.

that is exactly it...other than a league 1 promotion, what else is on his cv? Nothing!

Brendan Rogers took Swansea who were favourites for the drop in the championship and got them promoted. He then, with the same squad kept them in the premier league against all odds and led then to 12th in the table.

Now THAT is an achievement!

Gus has done nothing to prove that he could be a Premier league manager yet and clubs won't take a gamble on that record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here