glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the zimmer has been ordered

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Wouldn't Pires and Johnson both be a bit billy bignuts for the whole team thing that Gus has going on?

Johnson was just being stupid, the Pires thing was merely as a response to the overheard conversation, lets not get carried away, of course its very unlikley to be him, though stranger things have happened.

Michael Owen?

TRHK Pires, was at Villareal until this summer

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dale Jennings would be unbelievable..... He has had scouts from WBA, Wolves and load of championship clubs. I think he will jump a bit higher than where we're at? Tranmere also said that they hoped that as part of any potential January deal, they could still loan him back for season?

That said, he will cost around 1 million I reckon.

I would love it, if it were him...... good call Fromwithdeantofalmer , possibility for sure...... And heading up any potential negotiations is one of the worlds very best poker players... love it.

We could even chuck in Sandaza or Holroyd or both (Holyroyd can push Sandaza :lolol:)

Last edited:

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Left sided player - Almost definately
Young and deserving of the words "very special"
Gus has South American influence
It may be he wants a second slice of English football pie........

ROBIHNO ANYONE? ;-)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ive said somewhere before.....Its Rohan Ricketts.

An out of contract player, who last played in 1 team relegated from the hungarian league followed by a team in the Moldovian league??

He was a promising youngster alright, but on paper he doesn't look very "special" these day??, maybe he's the second player, the easy one??

IN GUS I TRUST

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
I have a mate who reckons it might be Jimmy Kebe. I doubt this and can't imagine what his source might be but it'd be nice if it were true

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
May as well chuck my random i heard somebody down the pub say guess , Wright - Phillips . Have a nice day :)

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wright - Phillips

Ridiculous I know. But I heard this and the argument in the pub went along the lines:
- SWP desperate to get away from Manchester (understandable)
- City not averse to paying loan out wages (i.e. the bloke at Cardiff)
- Poyet would have known him from Chelsea
- Plays on the wing
- Would qualify as a "special" signing

You have to admit it ticks certain boxes

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
May as well chuck my random i heard somebody down the pub say guess , Wright - Phillips . Have a nice day :)

Shaun Wright-Phillips..........the England international.....on about £50k a week...with the richest club in the world........ with Champions League aspirations......40-50,000 crowds...?

Yep...think he ticks all the boxes.

Which 'boxes' are we talking about here, by the way....?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
By all mean shoot me down in flames, I'm probably adding 2+2 and getting 12 BUT.....

Where talking about a special signing, so a good name and proven player, also a striker but someone who would/does play in league 1.

I notice Lambert has been dropped. He is a 25+ striker, out of favour now adkins has come in, Bloom may see it a outgoing worth paying to reep the rewards should he get us promotion. Would certainly get the fans excited too.

Adkins hints he could drop Lambert From Daily Echo)

Adkins also mentioned it on Saints Player.

Only scored 6 this term, 4 pens 1 deflected freekick and only 1 goal from open play.

The only large problem would likely be now sign Woods it'd be odd to then sign another striker.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Could we be missing the obvious here? The 'special' signing could be Lua-Lua (loan now, guaranteed permanent in Jan), and the reason we would be signing another player is to cover until he's back from his injury?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here