Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully is Back

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I don't see why so many people have a problem with this.

With the extra seats anything that helps entertain the kids of the families that the club are looking to attract is a good thing and as mascots go Gully was always one of the better ones and always brought a smile to the faces of the people on the terraces at the Goldstone.

The negativity of the average football fan and particularly the Withdean moaners never ceases to astound me

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
227 BHA said:

Because it look like something a crap League 1 club would have

:lol:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
227 BHA said:

With the extra seats anything that helps entertain the kids of the families that the club are looking to attract is a good thing and as mascots go Gully was always one of the better ones and always brought a smile to the faces of the people on the terraces at the Goldstone.

The negativity of the average football fan and particularly the Withdean moaners never ceases to astound me

I duly concur.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If Gully is anything like Sid the Shark at SussexCCC then it's going to have a positive effect both for the kids and the adults... Sid is a complete nutter and knows how to get the crowd going, and he also stole a can of fosters off me once the bugger...

:lolol:

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Trigger said:
If Gully is anything like Sid the Shark at SussexCCC then it's going to have a positive effect both for the kids and the adults... Sid is a complete nutter and knows how to get the crowd going, and he also stole a can of fosters off me once the bugger...

:lolol:

Yeah Sharky is COOL he does the ROBOT and everything!

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Muzzman said:
Yeah Sharky is COOL he does the ROBOT and everything!

hasid32.jpg
:clap2:

haside33.jpg
:jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Presumably he will be doing all the things normal seagulls do.

-waking you up at the crack of dawn screeching loudly
-attacking children to steal their chips
-shitting enormous runny green turds over your car
-pecking open bin bags and strewing the contents over Withdean

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
edna krabappel said:

-pecking open bin bags and strewing the contents over Withdean

Something for the litter patrol to keep their eye on then??

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
But does anyone acutally think that children really need a big seagull to be interested?

I, like many others here, was a only wee lad when I started going to football and the idea of a big furry beast pretending to like me would have scared me shitless at the time - even more than Millwall fans running down the tunnel by Hove station. I was more intrigued by a) the deafening noise when we scored and b) the smell of pipesmoke on the SW terrace.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Man of Harveys said:
But does anyone acutally think that children really need a big seagull to be interested?

This is true.. I was interested in.

a) lemonade and lime before the game at The Aldrington

b) BIG bag of sweets to munch on during the game.

c) Hearing my Dad and his mates use big sweary words which I would never have heard anyway else.. and coming from My Dads mates... I thought was pretty damn cool..

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Man of Harveys said:

I, like many others here, was a only wee lad when I started going to football and the idea of a big furry beast pretending to like me would have scared me shitless at the time - even more than Millwall fans running down the tunnel by Hove station. I was more intrigued by a) the deafening noise when we scored and b) the smell of pipesmoke on the SW terrace.

Nah, I loved Gully. And the noise on the North Stand, and the Marmite drinks or whatever it was they walked around the pitch with, but I loved Gully.

I know the guy Ian who's doing it, a regular down the Event and mad as a hatter. He's best mates with that skinhead some of you remember who attacked the Luton fan on the train back from the game last year.

He's funny as fook though, should be a good laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here