Guess who has won the worst kit award!

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
It's a blatant rip off of Coventry's version from the 1970s
1370.jpg

New-Brighton-Hove-Albion-Kit-11-12-Away.jpg

Or you could say the Coventry kit was a blatant rip off of our 70's Green and Black kit-who was first us or them?
We wore Green and Black all too briefly as a 3rd kit 1975 ish.
And the current Coventry away kit proves why the club got the shades right.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
They don't dislike us that much

http://thetwounfortunates.com/ttu-awards-2011-12-best-ground/

This year’s award for Best Ground just has to go to Brighton’s AMEX. The wait may have been long and tortuous for the Seagulls but their new stadium is a strong addition to the 72’s roster.
It does have its criticisms: architecturally, it perhaps shares a little too much in common with the Starship Enterprise and the train ride back into town has been fraught with stress on some occasions, but overall the AMEX has delighted far more supporters than not with its clever use of space under the stands; local beers and pies; green credentials; padded seats and friendlier-than-average stewards.
A further 5,000 seats are due to be added over the summer, so the transport issues may yet cause further problems. Supporters shouldn’t let that put them off, however; we can’t guarantee a trip to an upwardly mobile Brighton will yield three points, but it’s right up there in terms of a general match day experience.
Honourable mentions go to Hereford’s Edgar Street for its sheer character, as well as Orient’s Brisbane Road, a lovely little ground. Some people don’t like the corner flats but many find them quite charming.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I must admit - I think it's the worst kit we've had since the Chewit wrapper - but if the club make money out of it so be it. There's no accounting for taste!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think you've grasped the concept of an 'away kit'.

The away kit is to prevent a clash of colours. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So our away kit could be white with a blue flash, or blue socks. No colour clash and we stick with the club colours. A third kit in yellow for those rare occasions it is needed.

Would avoid the current pathetic situation where Albion fans turn up in blue and white supporting a team wearing a f***ing green kit. That is really mindlessly stupid.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

So our away kit could be white with a blue flash, or blue socks. No colour clash and we stick with the club colours. A third kit in yellow for those rare occasions it is needed.

Would avoid the current pathetic situation where Albion fans turn up in blue and white supporting a team wearing a f***ing green kit. That is really mindlessly stupid.

Yes but if our away kit contains similar colours to our home kit then it will rarely avoid colour clashes meaning we'd just have to wear our 3rd kit a lot of the time away from home.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I admit to feeling like Bertie Bassetts love child when I wear mine but I do like the colours!

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
Not sure if it's been mentioned but the kids absolutely LOVE it. I work in a school and the amount of kids who wear it to football club is amazing. Maybe that was in the club's thinking, they certainly must have shifted a load of them.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

White with blue. Excellent plan.

Here's next season's opposition for you, with the kit we'd need to wear.

Games where we could wear our home kit:
Wolves
Blackpool
Cardiff (hahahahahaha)
M'boro
Hull
Watford
Derby (might need to wear the green 'third kit' - certainly couldn't wear your white one)
Burnley
Leeds (might need to wear the green 'third kit' - certainly couldn't wear your white one)
Forest
Bristol City
Barnsley
Charlton
Bolton (might need to wear the green 'third kit' - certainly couldn't wear your white one)

Teams where both the home kit AND your white/blue away kit would be no good, so we'd need the green one:
Birmingham
Blackburn
Leicester
Ipswich
Millwall
Peterbro
Sheff Weds
Huddersfield

Teams where the home kit is out, and we could wear your white away kit:
Palace.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Or you could say the Coventry kit was a blatant rip off of our 70's Green and Black kit-who was first us or them?
We wore Green and Black all too briefly as a 3rd kit 1975 ish.
And the current Coventry away kit proves why the club got the shades right.

I'm sorry, but did anyone actually ever see us play in green and black in the 1970s? There was talk in 1972 that the away kit would be green and black, but it turned out to be red and black.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
White with blue. Excellent plan.

Teams where both the home kit AND your white/blue away kit would be no good, so we'd need the green one:
Birmingham
Blackburn
Leicester
Ipswich
Millwall
Peterbro
Sheff Weds
Huddersfield

Teams where the home kit is out, and we could wear your white away kit:
Palace.

Eh? Why couldn't we wear a white shirt at Birmingham, Millwall or Ipswich?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Depending on the exact designs for their 12/13 home kits, we POSSIBLY could. the suggestion here was for a 'white and blue' shirt, though.

What I meant was a white shirt with maybe a blue flash (on the shoulder?). That shouldn't clash with the teams mentioned.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So we're wearing a white shirt with green shorts.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I'm sorry, but did anyone actually ever see us play in green and black in the 1970s? There was talk in 1972 that the away kit would be green and black, but it turned out to be red and black.

Yes at least twice away but nearer mid 70's than 72 and I had a Silk scarf in Green and Black that I wore to away games for years.It was so striking and unusual it really confused other teams fans as to who I supported.
So we had the kit(got a vague recollection that it was plain green with black trim though) and we had merchandise to support it.So it has Albion history.
Wear the shirt with pride,NSC had a part in us getting it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here