Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Luckily we will go up on Tuesday because it was just such a stupid thing to do. He has been doing so well this season aswell and probably the best centre half in the league.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I really cannot believe some of the reactions on here. Yes he was a fool for what he did, but he has been absolute class this season.

Its as if some of you have been desperate for this to happen.

And God help Ankegren when he has a mare as the knives will also be out!

Fickle! Fickle! Fickle!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I really cannot believe some of the reactions on here. Yes he was a fool for what he did, but he has been absolute class this season.

Its as if some of you have been desperate for this to happen.

And God help Ankegren when he has a mare as the knives will also be out!

Fickle! Fickle! Fickle!
If they've been waiting for it to happen how are they fickle? :lol:
He is a class player but this seems an almost exact repeat of his sending off against Rochdale so maybe he needs to wise up a bit?

Just to say, I'm still not 100% sure about Ankregren, I'd be worried about him in the Championship. :)
:notfickle:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Swindon last year. Unfortunately he has some track of blowing his fuse at crucial moments.
He got sent off bringing down someone who was through on goal didn't he? - hardly the same. He helped them get to the playoff final by doing that.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Hmmm ... I reckon Elphick, albeit less experienced is every bit as good, and certainly more level headed. He's far from convincing in my book

Are you on the Meths or summut?! Elphick isn't "every bit as good" as Greer ffs. If he was, he'd be club captain & first choice centre half (with AE-A). Fact.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Right now Elphick is great -As a deputy- but our captain, who appears to be somewhat unsung, has played a huge role in our division winning record breaking season.

Plenty of others capable of being Captain and just because he's played well all season doesn't give him the right. Frankly all the team have played wel, inc Elphick and Dunk when called upon, it's why we are where we are. How do we feel when he gets sent off 2 minutes from the start vs 2 minutes from the end?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Are you on the Meths or summut?! Elphick isn't "every bit as good" as Greer ffs. If he was, he'd be club captain & first choice centre half (with AE-A). Fact.

Captain and capable player are two different things and of course Elphick is no Captain. If Greer has the edge on ability so be it but that temperament can be very costly and needs to be factored in ... that's all

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Plenty of others capable of being Captain and just because he's played well all season doesn't give him the right. Frankly all the team have played wel, inc Elphick and Dunk when called upon, it's why we are where we are. How do we feel when he gets sent off 2 minutes from the start vs 2 minutes from the end?

Gus clearly does not agree otherwise he would not have handed Greer the arm band right at the beginning of the season would he

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

Just because he's played well all season, as our captain, leading us towards our best season for donkeys years as our captain, chosen by Gus, enjoying unprecedented success. Yeah must be unworthy skipper to take us forward.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Just because he's played well all season, as our captain, leading us towards our best season for donkeys years as our captain, chosen by Gus, enjoying unprecedented success. Yeah must be unworthy skipper to take us forward.

11 players in a team ... just cos he's Captain in our best season for yonks doesn't mean he's our best player and this sort of thing is excusable .... what would you say if he was Huddersfield's captain?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Roy Keane never got sent off did he? Or Patrick Vieira? Or Nemanja Vidic?

He's a passionate player and a strong leader. Today he was a tit but lets not overreact and forget what a superb season he's had. Just means that Calderon will skipper the side when we win promotion... An honour I think he will treasure.

Greers punishment is that he will not be able to lift the League One trophy, just like Keane didn't get to lift the European Cup. Doesn't make them bad players.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This is why we've got a squad.

No need to go overboard here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here