Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer Bid

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Gordon Greer suspended for Swindon's first two games

Greer scored twice for the Robins last season
Swindon Town have confirmed that captain Gordon Greer will be suspended for the first two games of the season.

Greer, 29, was sent off in the second leg of the League One play-off semi-final at Charlton in May and received a three-match ban.

As a result, the defender was suspended for the play-off final defeat at Wembley against Millwall.

Greer will now miss the season opener against Brighton and the first round of the League Cup against Leyton Orient.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we do sign him I suspect there would have been a gentleman's agreement not to use him in the match at Swindon anyhow (if he didn't have a suspension), he wouldn't be involved in the cup at Northampton so would be available for a home debut v Rochdale.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I was just being childish,stupid, and just doing the winding up bit.
My sincerest apologies .
:yawn:

Apologies, i thought you were one of the thickos on here that think Swindon will be shit next season and we are the biggest club in the league, as there were quite a few of them when the original thread appeared.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I'm not sure he's worth it tbh. Wouldn't have minded signing him on the cheap but he ain't that good.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think we should look for a proven goal scorer who is big and stong and able to hold the ball and a attacking midfielder and a winger and a centre back .

Good teams are built from the back, don't underestimate the value of a solid/competent defence in having a successful season. IMO having a seasoned experienced player at the heart of the defence is just as important as the new striker we all know we need.

Just look at the dvd for the first half of last season to see how comedy defending cost us dear and put us in a deep hole that we spent months trying to dig ourselves out of. It was only when Calderon and Painter arrived that we steadied the ship and we started to move in the right direction. Greer sounds like just the player we need. If Gus wants him that badly I hope he gets him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think the publicity on our beautiful £93m stadium is doing us any favours in these kind of negotiations. Other clubs KNOW full well we're totally minted to be able to put that thing up with no outside finance or borrowing whatsoever, so they're bound to hold out and screw every last hundred k out of us that they can.
On the other hand, players are more likely than ever to want to come down here.

Think about it. An on-the-up club with a huge dormant support is building a state-of-the-art stadium that will piss all over the meccano efforts elsewhere, and it's in Brighton (one of the most in-demand places to live in the country I'd say). What hungry player outside the Premiership isn't going to be interested to hear what they have to say? I can see Lua Lua holding out for a move down here because of this, to be honest.

Any club holding out for an unreasonable fee is likely to end up with a pissed off unmotivated player on their hands if Albion wash their hands of the deal, IMO.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im bored of it now, if we want him, pay the money even if it is 50k over want we want to pay

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here