Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great poyet put down to scc

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Gus Poyet felt Albion lost to Southampton today because they failed to keep the ball.

Two late goals sent the Seagulls to a 2-1 defeat, their first Withdean reverse in League One for a year.

Poyet said: "We are a team that needs to keep the ball and because we didn't keep it we lost the game.

"They are a team who, it doesn't matter how they play, they will always kick the ball forward and get it in the box.

"It's possession against position.

"If you look back in ten years' time who won the division it will say 'Brighton - passing the ball', not kicking the ball into the box."

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If you look back in tens minutes, we'll not give a f***, they are not as good as us, END OF. They need to get over it, not us, we're fine and f***ing dandy on TOP of the pile.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
It's just the truth. We are the BEST passing team in this league. Anyone who doesn't think that's true is probably a Saints fan.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We Lost Saints won............we won the League Saints may come second. We love Gus Saints hate Gus. We hate Adkins Saints love him. Shit happens lets 'ave a beer and celebrate winning more games than any team in League One.

SaintsFTW

Nov 22, 2010
We Lost Saints won............we won the League Saints may come second. We love Gus Saints hate Gus. We hate Adkins Saints love him. Shit happens lets 'ave a beer and celebrate winning more games than any team in League One.

"saints hate gus" do we ? never heard that before. think you'll find we couldn't give a toot about him

sfc1976

Feb 5, 2011
If our tactics are so obvious and predictable, then surely his holiness should have prepared his team to defend them? Rather than a put down, it reads as an admission of failure.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's a put down but, actually, Gus has been so demanding on the team all season that it's also just his way of saying we didn't play as well as we can. A little reminder of what we'll need to do next season. Fair enough.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
"saints hate gus" do we ? never heard that before. think you'll find we couldn't give a toot about him

You seem to have a few posters on here with a dislike to the great man..............same as we have a few who dislike the knobwipe you have as a manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here