Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great News Albion have offered Wilkins a long term contract

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What no-one seems to have considered is that DW will tell us to piss off as he's been offered a job at a BIGger club :ohmy:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought you might. :lolol:

I remember this Dutch twat smuggly telling the rest of the class in Uni that Raiders of the Lost Ark was factually inaccurate because the Nazi's weren't in Eygpt at that time. So I piped up and asked if he realised it was a film about an archiologist/adventurer who is searching for the Ark of the Covernant. What a ballbag.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Wilkins is young and keen and knows the players and their limitations. He's brought in Savage and Bertin who have been great successes so far and is actively looking for players and is being very vocal about it showing evryone at the club that they have a chance or have to fight for their places.

Wilkins has the potential to be a great manager. He is young and he needs time - and we can give him that. Let's just have a bit of faith. Well said Chappers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dick Knights Mumm said:
Wilkins has the potential to be a great manager. He is young and he needs time - and we can give him that. Let's just have a bit of faith. Well said Chappers.
I agree. He's been MILES better than the last few internal appointments (Hinshlewood, Wood and Booker as an interim) and deserves an extended run. Yes (shock horror) he's made the odd mistake. Yes (shock horror again) some of the younger players in their first or second seasons have made mistakes or have struggled occasionally. Deal with it. I think the joy of watching Albion over the next few seasons will be watching the players and manager improve month on month.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think he's done a pretty good job. He seems able to motivate our players and has made some astute signings.

Bas Savage joined us having scored 2 goals in 36 league appearances, yet under Wilkins he's scored 6 in 10. Bertin has looked class in plenty of games this season. Most fans are desperate for him to bring Whing back, his impact was so impressive, Flinders has barely put a foot (or hand) wrong since joining and is clearly far better than that Henderson prick.

If Wilkins is given any sort of funding, I genuinely believe we might be competing for a top 2 spot next season, never mind a play-off place.

Oh, and our last nine league results:

Won 4, drawn 4, lost 1 (against 2nd placed Bristol City!)

Not too shabby given the resources. So in short GARTH, you're talking bollocks.

Again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Seagull73 said:
Mmm, still a little undecided on this one. Good coach undoubtedly - ability to be able to mount a promotion push next season? I actually doubt it to be honest.

Still, hope I am proved wrong.
I can't actually see where the promotion charge is coming from next season, but then, I haven't seen who we're signing this summer.

However, this is, without a doubt FANTASTIC news, assuming Deano signs, that is.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yorkie said:
Good, perhaps some of the misery guts might shut up now (some chance)

:lolol: :lolol:

Gone from anti Wilkins to pro i see.I told you i was right about him

Fantastic news:clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
MP said on SCR that the reason for the offer to DW was so that he can be in the forefront of transfer negotiations when the players become available in the early summer. We can't argue with that if it proves to be true.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Good news............had my doubts at first but i think Wilkins has done O.Kish and deserves a full season and a summer of MONSTER spending!!

D

Deleted member 2719

Goodfella said:
I think this is fantastic news, now all we need is the go-ahead for Falmer, and next season we can push for promotion.

Well done Dean Wilkins. :clap:

Spot on.

The future of the Albion is looking brighter all the time.

:clap: :albion: :clap: :albion: :clap::albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here