Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand Slam Sunday

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
just hope Arsenal do the business now... 'sake Liverpool.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
At their best Man Utd are quite simply immense.

Who says the games between the top sides lack goals and are dull and boring?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
a draw at the Bridge gives title to United i think.

A win either way keeps it interesting - United still have to go there and have to host Arsenal.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Andy Gray has to be binned from Sky soon. His one man crusade against referees is doing absolutely nobody any favours. Sky though seem to think its OK to give him his own show on a Sunday evening where he can use all sorts of technology and spend five minutes proving a referee got a decision wrong, having had a split second and just one look at it.

How exactly does Andy Gray, or anyone else for that matter, know what Torres or Mascherano said to Steve Bennett.

But Andy Gray knows EVERYTHING ... you only have to listen to him for five minutes to realise that surely? :D

Sadly, the chances of him being binned by Sky are about the same as Osama Bin Laden turning out to be George Bush's love child. By all accounts (I know a few people who work there) he pretty much runs the show football-wise along with Richard Keys and their other great mate Jeff Shreeves.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
a draw at the Bridge gives title to United i think.

A win either way keeps it interesting - United still have to go there and have to host Arsenal.

sadly so , more chance with Arsenal carrying on a proper challenge then Chelsea still i think

:( *hmph*

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I was hoping, when I opened it, to read that people weren't taken in by this ridiculous over dramatisation of what is, after all, only an ordinary football match and really should only greatly concern fans of the teams concerned.
Sadly it seems that too many people have been taken in by the hype.
You may just as well interview people queuing up in Cardiff today for their tickets to the semi final for all the interest that Albion fans should have in it and for all the impact that it has on us
Thank you so much !

Don't agree with any of that.

Why should supporting one team preclude watching and enjoying the play of others?

Just because you don't care who wins, it doesn't stop you enjoying good football, and much as some boring and childish and selectively blind people would like to deny it Man U are currently playing very attractive football, closely followed by Arsenal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think this situation has really confirmed it is time Sky dismissed Gray as he is a complete imbecile and his knowledge of the game is very dated.

Will not happen because as I was told by a man very high up in football that Andy Gray controls all football on Sky and to become a summariser you have, allegedly , to pay Andy Gray a backhander, hence he is very wealthy.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Will not happen because as I was told by a man very high up in football that Andy Gray controls all football on Sky and to become a summariser you have, allegedly , to pay Andy Gray a backhander, hence he is very wealthy.

He'll be dropping Jamie Redkanpp then! Jamie completely disagreed with him over the Mascherano incident.

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Mascherano was "just asking what was happening" according to Rafa. Why can't managers ever condemn their own players, nothing will improve until someone takes some responsibility.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
but anything can happen on Grand Slam Sunday.

Why's that then? Is Grand Slam Sunday any different to any other Premier League football on a Sunday?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why's that then? Is Grand Slam Sunday any different to any other Premier League football on a Sunday?

cant say I'm bothered with any of this Grand Slam Sunday Sky hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here