Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grand Slam Sunday

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
and we complain about Referees

what a SHOCKING decision!

You're only saying that because you support anyone but United.

I see you've joined a "Joe Cole is better than Ronaldo" facebook group.

That's 33 goals Ronaldo who's getting comparisons with George Best:lol::lol:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Deffo a sending off. He had been at it all game. What a twat.

...This is the key point - this wasn't a one off from Masch, he was mouthing off all game and continued to tell the ref to 'F*ck Off'.. Refs are often very much in the wrong because of mistakes, but fair play to Bennett as he got this one spot on.

And as for Andy Gray, he needs to go screw himself because he's become such a piss-poor pundit it's now embarrassing...

Good, Refs sticking up for themselves at last.

Well done Bennett

Confirmation that you know f*** all about the game if you think Bennett was justified in those 2 yellow cards without giving one against ManUre.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
...This is the key point - this wasn't a one off from Masch, he was mouthing off all game and continued to tell the ref to 'F*ck Off'.. Refs are often very much in the wrong because of mistakes, but fair play to Bennett as he got this one spot on.

And as for Andy Gray, he needs to go screw himself because he's become such a piss-poor pundit it's now embarrassing...

I will bet my left bollock as well he already warned him a few times.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
For once I agree with Andy Gray's view (for those who are watching it on Sky.) It was a harsh booking for Torres and I can understand Mascherano questioning it, but he shouldn't have got involved, especially in the light of the present feeling about not respecting the decision of referees.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Blimey, for probably the first time ever, I'm in total agreement with Andy Gray.
The ref is a complete authoritarian twat with zero communication skills.
I've seen him a few times ref the Albion before he was Billy Big Time. I'm quite sure he had a shocker down at Pompey when we lost 4-2 thanks to some major "home reffing".

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
You're only saying that because you support anyone but United.

I see you've joined a "Joe Cole is better than Ronaldo" facebook group.

:

:) that is true , but i also admitted i was wrong on page two about said situation

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
39 mins: Mascherano, already on a booking, is treading a dangerous path as he concedes another free-kick and has words with the ref.

44 mins: Torres is booked for contesting a free-kick. And, worse for Liverpool, Mascherano gets involved and is shown a red. Totally ridiculous behaviour by the Argentine midfielder and Gerrard and Benitez have to come over and calm him down. Liverpool are down to 10 men, 1-0 behind and United are in a glorious position to go and and collect all three points.

Sounds fairly conclusive to me

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Gray is an idiot and has been for years.

Javier was just unbelievably stupid. Let's just think about what he's doing here. Having just seen a team mate booked for dissent he decides that it's worth going over and having a go himself. What's he hoping to achieve? The ref to rescind the booking of Torres? Surely it was always FAR more likely he would just pick up a booking himself, and seeing as he's already on a yellow, it's just madness.

Rafa et al will blame Bennett of course, but if his players could behave themselves he would still have 11 on the park.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Andy Gray saying he was being "passionate"

Dick.

Indeed. I cannot believe that ANdy Gray is having a moan about the ref. Is the ref supposed to stand there and accept players shouting 'f*** off' to him. Gray is not exactly sending out a positive message to the audiences watching is he?

I am 100% behind Steve Bennett on this one, in fact I would have send Mascerano (spl?) off after the first tackle because he clearly shouted 'f*** off' to the ref about 5 times.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Blimey, for probably the first time ever, I'm in total agreement with Andy Gray.
I've seen him a few times ref the Albion before he was Billy Big Time. I'm quite sure he had a shocker down at Pompey when we lost 4-2 thanks to some major "home reffing".

He is, but that makes what the player did even more stupid.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
stupid stupid stupid display from Mascherano, his yellow card was only giving because he wouldn't stop talking, and you knew when he stuck his nose in the Torres business he was going off. Well done Mr. Referee. Even when Alonso, Gerrard and Benitez were trying to restrain Mascherano he was having none of it, hope he never plays for Liverpool again...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this situation has really confirmed it is time Sky dismissed Gray as he is a complete imbecile and his knowledge of the game is very dated.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Just a shame he wasn't around to deal with Cashley in the week. We need more Steve Bennetts, and less Mike Rileys. Then these trash millionaires in the Premiership might get hit with the stupid stick a bit more.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
For once I agree with Andy Gray's view (for those who are watching it on Sky.) It was a harsh booking for Torres and I can understand Mascherano questioning it, but he shouldn't have got involved, especially in the light of the present feeling about not respecting the decision of referees.

How can you agree with Gray on this ? You think it is ok to argue and abuse the ref, tell them to f*** off and run 30 yarsd to aggresively moan at them. BIzarre.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think the Argie only lost the plot after the ref turned his back on him & walked away. He was an idiot for questioning the decision, but the ref never said a single word during the whole incident, just one of those that likes to hold the card up high.
I agree about Andy Gray being a knob which is why I'm shocked at agreeing with what he says.

The whole Ashley Cole thing has been over hyped & now ref's have license to get away with more ridiculous cards.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
If you read it again, I said he shouldn't have got involved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here