Grand Slam Sunday

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good sportsmanship there from chelsea :angry:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...I have the game on R5, complete with David Pleat...he is about as annoying as you can get.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
why arent they singing for mourinho anymore?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The thing with Gray is I don't know anyone who does not think he is a total muppet so why do Sky persist with him?!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chelski win then so Manure 6 points clear with 7 games to go.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A great day for football, and perhaps a decisive one in the title race. Man Utd are playing collosal football at the moment and I think todays results have just about sewn the title up, although Chelsea are an awesome winning machine and with Lampard back in top form it still could go all the way down to the wire.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I cannot believe Gray. That guy is such a BELLEND.

Earlier he was moaning that the players are no longer able to be "passionate" - then he says that Drogba should have been sent off for taking off his shirt and then going into the crowd.

THEN he moans about the lino not calling offside for something that's MILLIMETERS out, and then he only spots it when it's slowed to snails pace.

What is the POINT of him commentating on the game? He knows f*** ALL about football.

Couldn't agree more.

The offside one is a particular bugbear of mine. Surely Andy needs to know the rules in exchange for the vast sums of money he gets paid. Wasn't there something about "clear daylight" and forwards getting "benefit of doubt" a couple of years back. Suddenly a shirt billowing in the wind beyond the last defender and Gray wants someone hauled over the coals for not giving offside.

Then you have his regular whinge about how "refs have a responsibility not to ruin a game" when he sees a sending off he doesn't like. The ref has no such role in the game, if a game is ruined by a player being sent off then it's the players fault for getting sent off. How exactly would Gray take a post-match interview with a ref who said "yeah, he was last man when he hauled him to the ground, but it was early in the game, and I was concerned an early red card would ruin the game, so I let him off." Yeah, you'd support him on that wouldn't you Andy!

.... I could go on, but Gray gets me so angry!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
United still have to go to the Bridge - i quite fancy Chelsea

True, but then GD will come into play and help United out.

Aside from beating them, Chels also have to hope Arsenal get something at OT and then United drop points away. The latter seems unlikely but if they lose to Chelsea it might knock the wind out of their sails.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't heard Andy Gray's contribution today, but I did hear (Liverpool fan) Spoony's irritating turn as Six-0-Six presenter earlier.

Countless callers- Scousers included- were ringing up and saying "tough shit, it's Mascherano's own fault", yet he continued to bang on about what he perceived as the injustice of the decision. "Why was that a red card?" he kept saying. "Why wasn't he warned?".

He was warned, you retard. It's called a yellow card. And if you commit two yellow card offences, you get a red one. His other argument was that you can't train working class lads like your typical footballer not to swear at or argue with referees like you can with rugby players, because (1) they've grown up with it, and (2) they're from different social backgrounds.

God, are footballers REALLY that thick?? Do they have no ability to LEARN? If a cat persistently craps in your flower beds, you squirt it with a water pistol until it learns not to do it (or at least to go in next door's garden). Surely even a footballer can work out that if they persistently question officials, they will be booked.

Or are we saying your average player is more stupid than a domestic cat?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Haven't heard Andy Gray's contribution today, but I did hear (Liverpool fan) Spoony's irritating turn as Six-0-Six presenter earlier.

Countless callers- Scousers included- were ringing up and saying "tough shit, it's Mascherano's own fault", yet he continued to bang on about what he perceived as the injustice of the decision. "Why was that a red card?" he kept saying. "Why wasn't he warned?".

He was warned, you retard. It's called a yellow card. And if you commit two yellow card offences, you get a red one. His other argument was that you can't train working class lads like your typical footballer not to swear at or argue with referees like you can with rugby players, because (1) they've grown up with it, and (2) they're from different social backgrounds.

God, are footballers REALLY that thick?? Do they have no ability to LEARN? If a cat persistently craps in your flower beds, you squirt it with a water pistol until it learns not to do it (or at least to go in next door's garden). Surely even a footballer can work out that if they persistently question officials, they will be booked.

Or are we saying your average player is more stupid than a domestic cat?

Spot on in every respect.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who the hell is bothered about the bloody "Premier League" and this completely made up farce of "Grand Slam Sunday" ? I mean really:angry:

Marge shoos away the fawn. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa are watching TV.

Lisa: All right! It's time for ABC's "TGIF" lineup!
Bart: Lis, when you get a little older, you'll learn that Friday is just
another day between NBC's "Must See Thursday" and CBS' " Saturday
night craporama."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here