Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: At least three BHA members of staff have Covid

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Doesn't that just make it all the more odd not to mention it in the 'Team News' post?

A bit.

The club has been reluctant to give details on players with covid and might not want to bang the drum loudly as some invertebrate primates will crawl out of their hidings to make wild assumptions and accusations, but at the same time if Brighton have cases and nothing is said, it also causes speculation and the public also have some kind of right to know that maybe its not wise to lick Connollys nostrils once he scores a hattrick. If you are going to a performance you should know that some of the people performing has been around sick people lately.

Probably comes down to a bit of question marks on how to communicate these things. The club probably wants to say something, while also not really say anything.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
cynical me says they are getting the boosters in before announcing that the new variant is no more deadly against the vaccines

The immediate problem is actually Delta which seems to be out of control and having a big big impact on the unvaccinated and double jabbed. This is the strain killing 100+ every day with Delta infections still increasing. Whatever happens with Omicron, we need to deal with Delta as a priority by boosting as many people as quickly as possible.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If the Premier League were not so focused on money the sensible thing would be to cancel all games between now and the first week of January. Put a break in it.

They won't though.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Well at least at this rate it saves the ball-ache of getting to the Amex at 8pm on Boxing Day

You know how this is going to pan out? Southern will announce that they will put on extra trains, ensure that all services will be running normally just as the club declare that the match is off due to Covid. It’s written in my teabags I tell you. :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is it really a great idea to speculate which players do and don’t have it?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is it really a great idea to speculate which players do and don’t have it?

Nope, it is a little bit ****ed up. From scrolling some Facebook and Twitter, Brighton havent got a single fit player currently.

If some reputable journo known to reveal things would mention names, then its a little bit different but from what I can see it is just random people throwing around random names.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the Premier League were not so focused on money the sensible thing would be to cancel all games between now and the first week of January. Put a break in it.

They won't though.

Is the correct answer, then everybody will know what is happening and takes away the endless speculation, if it means extending to May/June again then so be it, call it a practice for next year's World Cup debacle

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

They won't though.

im sure they have a plan to respond to very predictable scenario. just waiting for the right moment to announce.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

They won't though.

I can't see it will be any better by then...

- Javid spoke today about there being 200,000 new infections per day in the UK currently.
- Omicron currently has a doubling rate of 1.6 days so is growing ridiculously quickly. London is now 40% Omicron, and the rest of the UK around 20%. It will be dominant in the country in a few days.
- All these growing infections need to go through their illness cycle of which, sadly, many will end up in hospital.

As such, if the Premier League was going to pause until things were looking better, it could be a couple of months, maybe even longer.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Is it true that someone on this thread is auditioning for the lead role of ‘Rab C. Nesbit The Movie’ and practicing with a couple of bottles of Buckfast?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I can't see it will be any better by then...

- Javid spoke today about there being 200,000 new infections per day in the UK currently.
- Omicron currently has a doubling rate of 1.6 days so is growing ridiculously quickly. London is now 40% Omicron, and the rest of the UK around 20%. It will be dominant in the country in a few days.
- All these growing infections need to go through their illness cycle of which, sadly, many will end up in hospital.

As such, if the Premier League was going to pause until things were looking better, it could be a couple of months, maybe even longer.

That’s a fair point but I suggested this timescale to the end of December because this would at least allow everyone to get their boosters. Beyond that you would hope they can crack on.

I really hope they don’t just stagger on with little regard for anyone else because of the money.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That’s a fair point but I suggested this timescale to the end of December because this would at least allow everyone to get their boosters. Beyond that you would hope they can crack on.

I really hope they don’t just stagger on with little regard for anyone else because of the money.

This season ends on 22 May, next starts on 06 August. No summer tournaments so must be some wriggle room in the fixture calendar if needed.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Is the correct answer, then everybody will know what is happening and takes away the endless speculation, if it means extending to May/June again then so be it, call it a practice for next year's World Cup debacle

Or the bungle**** could make the decision for them.

My work won't let me access where the vending machine is, yet on Wednesday my day was shaping up as brekkies in a hotel, dept office 'lunch' then to the Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here