Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: At least three BHA members of staff have Covid

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
*pinch of salt here* and sorry if the speculation isn't welcome but I've now heard on twitter that the 3 cases are maupay, veltman and roberts

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can you please retract that before I get a telephone call?

1. Vaccines are not a suit of armour - they don't repel all infections. I was triple-jabbed and became infected.
2. Given the age of professional footballers, they would not have been offered a booster before now...
3. ...and the Omicron variant now circulating is very good at breaking through double-jabbed immunity.

Sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I can't do that before Thursday. Yellow/Red card me if you like. But if the club only pay the minimum of lip-service to enforcing covid restrictions in the concourses like they have done up til now ie 5 people in every 100 wearing a mask, then it doesn't exactly install confidence in the club's regime overall. Or probably any other club's regime likewise. As I say, ban me now or ban me on thursday. And apologies for any grief you may incur from the club. If you do, the fault is all mine, albeit done with the best of motives ie to raise their covid game on the concourse. Of course it's always possjble they might do that on Wednesday night, in which case I will be absolutely delighted to retract after the game

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
*pinch of salt here* and sorry if the speculation isn't welcome but I've now heard on twitter that the 3 cases are maupay, veltman and roberts

No mention of players being unwell in the latest Wolves match press team news on the official website (50 mins ago). :shrug:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
There's only an 8 percent difference in overall vaccination levels in England for 18-29 year olds than footballers of that age then. Not dramatically lower and also not worthy of the opprobrium meted out against them in this thread.

Maybe I’m being naive but i would have expected that players as a group, being in close contact on a daily basis with far more people than most, (and no doubt being encouraged to get vaccinated by their clubs), were percentage wise more highly vaccinated than the general population.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], I can't do that before Thursday. Yellow/Red card me if you like. But if the club only pay the minimum of lip-service to enforcing covid restrictions in the concourses like they have done up til now ie 5 people in every 100 wearing a mask, then it doesn't exactly install confidence in the club's regime overall. Or probably any other club's regime likewise. As I say, ban me now or ban me on thursday. And apologies for any grief you may incur from the club. If you do, the fault is all mine, albeit done with the best of motives ie to raise their covid game on the concourse. Of course it's always possjble they might do that on Wednesday night, in which case I will be absolutely delighted to retract after the game

Go on Bozza!!

The sooner people take personal responsibility for their actions the better. Wear a mask because it’s the right thing to do, not because an Albion steward has told you to.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Maybe I’m being naive but i would have expected that players as a group, being in close contact on a daily basis with far more people than most, (and no doubt being encouraged to get vaccinated by their clubs), were percentage wise more highly vaccinated than the general population.
Actually as someone pointed out already, 68% of players were vaccinated by the 19th October. I expect the figure has increased a fair bit since and would fully believe the percentage to now come up to your expectations.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Don't like the sound of this at all. I think the best result for us this week will be two postponements.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not half as much as you'd enjoy knocking one out to a little NSC pile-on. Same as it ever was

Most is as it's always been. You - throwing shit around you (this time on the players) without knowing wtf you are talking about (since being jabbed really is no guarantee to stay uninfected). Me - digging in old threads:

Shortly to be downgraded to 1 in 50,000. Or possibly 1 in 500,000 :lol:

This minor epidemic is being massively fuelled by major media-driven hysteria. '

This media-whipped-up bollocks has served as a pretty stark illustration of how flimsy our illusion of a mature civilised society actually is. Doesn't take very much at all for wankers to start filling up their shopping trolleys with pasta and bog rolls. What's the betting the shitferbrains didn't think of also stocking up on pasta sauce and a half-decent Italian grated cheese. And maybe a nice white wine. Beyond peurile. Why do 'we' always have to act like a herd of c****s?

Last year everyone, according to you, were ***** and wankers for taking this pandemic seriously, today the players are ***** and wankers because they, according to you, didnt vaccinate, and the clubs "regime" is bad because they dont enforce Covid restrictions the way you want it.

In your world, despite being wrong about pretty much everything over and over again, you are flawless and others are ***** and wankers. Absolutely incapable of self-reflection since you never learn. Wouldnt surprise me one bit if we hear in a few days that all of the sick players were double-jabbed and you'll shrug and move on to stirring shit about someone or something else - learning absolutely nothing.

Straight up appalling to assume that these sick players/individuals are "thick" and didnt get vaccinated.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
EPL players are invariably thick as mince. And the levels of covid among their clubs suggests they're pretty much in the Immortal Gods camp, same as the thick as mince Amex mask-dodgers. All of them clevor trevers right up to point where it happens to them. Tossers

I know it goes against the new 'Bozza behaviour code' but ..... stop posting like a tartan prick.

Should of added - "thick as mince" ? - "All of them clevor trevers" :facepalm:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Forget about the outbreak of covid at the Albion and at other clubs, think about the children of the world all worrying about what will happen if the elfs and Father Christmas catch covid and have to isolate.

Anyway back to Wednesday, it could be a throw back to the days under Barry Lloyd when we had to play the youngest average age team for a home fixture (Forget who it was against) but the whole crowd was behind the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here