Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: At least three BHA members of staff have Covid

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it is true that many of them went out in London, now the epicentre of the world in Omicron cases, over the weekend after our game was called off I wouldn't particularly call that being careful. As you mention even with being careful there's still going to be a good likelihood you will catch it in the coming weeks and months so I think it's poor form *if* it is true that a large number went out partying in London, and almost inevitable positive cases will have come following that.

I have no idea of any of the details as to who, how, where, vaccination status etc.

Nor did I actually say anyone had been careful, or otherwise, as I have no idea.

But I do know that in a week where I had very few social interactions and despite being triple-jabbed I still contracted the infection.

But throwing around unfounded accusations on a medium well-read by a club that is very protective about what is written about its employees is not particularly wise.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Only if it originated outside of the bubble. Those inside the bubble's vaccination status would make a huge difference to the impact also

They could have been double jabbed and awaiting a third/booster due to age for all we know.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Only 68% of EPL players have been double jabbed. 19% have had no jab at all.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...covid-19-81-per-cent-have-received-first-dose

100% of staff at my workplace have been double jabbed

Why have a third of EPL players still not been double jabbed? Whilst THPP could perhaps have presented it better, does he have a point? Should we not be as critical of BHAFC players who haven't been vaccinated as we are with others? (see Mustafa!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amazed that anyone still thinks being even triple-jabbed stops you catching Covid. It doesn't. It does, however almost certainly prevent you becoming seriously ill. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

https://www.skysports.com/football/...covid-19-81-per-cent-have-received-first-dose

Why have a third of EPL players still not been double jabbed? Whilst THPP could perhaps have presented it better, does he have a point? Should we not be as critical of BHAFC players who haven't been vaccinated as we are with others? (see Mustafa!)

Sure thing - completely valid, and I wholeheartedly agree.

But in the context of those within the Albion squad who are infected, we have no idea of their vaccination status nor the circumstances that has led to those infections happening, so it doesn't strike me as particularly fair to immediately lash out in the way seen here.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

There's only an 8 percent difference in overall vaccination levels in England for 18-29 year olds than footballers of that age then. Not dramatically lower and also not worthy of the opprobrium meted out against them in this thread.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Amazed that anyone still thinks being even triple-jabbed stops you catching Covid. It doesn't. It does, however almost certainly prevent you becoming seriously ill. :shrug:

Perhaps having a maskless Prime Minister strolling around a hospital isn't a good look after all.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

It doesn't stop you catching Covid, but it does make you more resistant to catching it. There is also the evidence that a vaccinated person who does contract the virus is less likely to pass that on, or reduce their own transmissibility than a person who contracts the virus who is unvaccinated.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

19th october.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It doesn't stop you catching Covid, but it does make you more resistant to catching it. There is also the evidence that a vaccinated person who does contract the virus is less likely to pass that on, or reduce their own transmissibility than a person who contracts the virus who is unvaccinated.

Yeah I know :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here