Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: At least three BHA members of staff have Covid

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Ultras.png

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
EPL players are invariably thick as mince. And the levels of covid among their clubs suggests they're pretty much in the Immortal Gods camp, same as the thick as mince Amex mask-dodgers. All of them clevor trevers right up to point where it happens to them. Tossers

Or that they play a contact sport, gob all over the pitch for 80mins and roll about in it for the other 10mins (reverse the times for SEGW, Sockboy and the likes)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If the Premier League were not so focused on money the sensible thing would be to cancel all games between now and the first week of January. Put a break in it.

They won't though.

I think we'll see every team go into the 19/20 restart regulations again very soon but no cancellations.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It's really a very bad idea for anyone to 'speculate' as to which players have this virus. Medical/ health information is confidential and so anyone suggesting who has it is speculating and potentially making confidential information 'public'. The club have a duty of care to the players to keep the information confidential.
There really is a complete lack of judgement by a minority on here.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I think we'll see every team go into the 19/20 restart regulations again very soon but no cancellations.

Clubs have already been told to return to the covid protocols in place at the start of the season, not sure how they differed from what they were doing during project restart but clubs should be making masks mandatory in inside areas, no medical treatments or massages over 15 mins unless approved by club doctor.

Social distancing in all inside areas, medical staff to wear full PPE. Staggered meals and meetings to decrease the amount of contact. Also key positions like goalkeepers shouldn’t train in a group to reduce the risk of game cancellation if one of them tests positive there is a level of protection for the other keepers which hopefully reduces the risk of games being called off.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Clubs have already been told to return to the covid protocols in place at the start of the season, not sure how they differed from what they were doing during project restart but clubs should be making masks mandatory in inside areas, no medical treatments or massages over 15 mins unless approved by club doctor.

Social distancing in all inside areas, medical staff to wear full PPE. Staggered meals and meetings to decrease the amount of contact. Also key positions like goalkeepers shouldn’t train in a group to reduce the risk of game cancellation if one of them tests positive there is a level of protection for the other keepers which hopefully reduces the risk of games being called off.

They had this rule in the NFL last season. Denver were found to have broken it, and their entire quarterback group got Covid. So they were forced to play without one. Would football do the same with GK?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They had this rule in the NFL last season. Denver were found to have broken it, and their entire quarterback group got Covid. So they were forced to play without one. Would football do the same with GK?

well, we play with out a striker often enough

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Nfl also has game is void if team has covid and players not vaccined.

Man u off with four covid positive players so this means our saturday game is off which is a relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'll insult EPL thick as mince players as I see fit cheers. These people live their entire careers in a very rarified bubble with the very best possible medical staff and advice. And yet still they go down like ninepins. Ask yourself why that might be? ???

Could it be because the Omicron variant is good at getting people who have been double- or even triple-jabbed? Could it be because some of the players and staff could have school age children coming home to infect them, just like Bozza? Could it be because they can’t “work from home”?

You might find that 2+2 does not necessarily come to 5.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Could it be because the Omicron variant is good at getting people who have been double- or even triple-jabbed? Could it be because some of the players and staff could have school age children coming home to infect them, just like Bozza? Could it be because they can’t “work from home”?

You might find that 2+2 does not necessarily come to 5.

This. And also, where is the evidence that the Brighton squad has one of the lowest vaccine uptakes? Or is it just a case that rumour has become accepted fact? I ask this while fully aware that it may be fact, I just haven’t seen the published evidence.

Dec 29, 2011
It's really a very bad idea for anyone to 'speculate' as to which players have this virus. Medical/ health information is confidential and so anyone suggesting who has it is speculating and potentially making confidential information 'public'. The club have a duty of care to the players to keep the information confidential.
There really is a complete lack of judgement by a minority on here.

Simply not true. No one has signed a confidentiality contract, and no one knows for sure. Speculation isn't breaking a confidentiality agreement, nor is it libelous as having covid isn't a disparaging accusation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Simply not true. No one has signed a confidentiality contract, and no one knows for sure. Speculation isn't breaking a confidentiality agreement, nor is it libelous as having covid isn't a disparaging accusation.

Much of this could be challenged. Does no one know for sure? Some people might not want it broadcast that they have an infectious disease …….

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We need to know how many Man Utd players tested positive for Covid as this number will set the standard for postponement criteria. It seems to be a lower number than the Spurs outbreak of last week.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I certainly wouldn’t be happy if my employer were to make my medical information public. I think you’ll find that BHA have not at any stage identified players who have an infectious disease. Therefore how does anyone know who has Covid and who doesn’t.
In terms of your comment that ‘no one has signed a confidentiality agreement’ , how do you know that. Confidentiality agreements are common in employment contracts these days.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I certainly wouldn’t be happy if my employer were to make my medical information public. I think you’ll find that BHA have not at any stage identified players who have an infectious disease. Therefore how does anyone know who has Covid and who doesn’t.
In terms of your comment that ‘no one has signed a confidentiality agreement’ , how do you know that. Confidentiality agreements are common in employment contracts these days.

Pretty easy really - because they're probably not at training and a lot of people work at the training ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here