Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Government Spending Review.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Yes, applying for Uni is so easy, with often 10 applicants to every place, getting in to Uni is the "easy" option.

Sure, the stress associated with getting your personal statement, picking the right uni, the right course is the "easy" option...

For me, now, getting in to Uni this year and not having to retake a year given the increace from 3k to roughtly 6/7k at least tuition fees a year is really really easy.

You need to walk in my generations shoes.

We're faced with picking up the previous generation's debt, the previous generations f*** ups. Labour have made cock ups that are going to f*** my generation out of a lot of prosperity and i'm a very vocal supporter of Labour and the left wing.

You all seem to think that me, my friends, my generation have everything really easy, that we're being brought up to do less work, that we're lazy. We're not.

Your generation raised us, develop the systems that allow us to not work as hard.

Do me a favour? Next time you have a sleepless night because that topic you struggle to grasph might cost you 20 grand, let me know and we can share sob stories because you really have no idea how hard it is to grow up today.

We might have more in the way of comforts and technological advancements than you did, but the pressure on us from mismanagement at levels far above us as mere students, and before our birth by people we didn't vote for and have no choice in electing is far greater than you will have ever had.

When you guys are long dead, I reckon we'll still be picking up the tab for your golder era.

So walk in my shoes buddy. And then tell me its the easy option.
Nice C & P, what next? JFK's speach to the nation?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Anyone listening to this (It's on 5 live and probably on the telly).

Home Office let off (6% cuts) due to counter terrorism
6 billion off Whitehall admin (double the target). Looks like they want to rationalise sites reading between the lines
Police need to be most cost effective but didn't say what
Basically keeps mentioning 40% tax payers and how they are going to be screwed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Banks up now. Permanent levy on banks which will get a load of money but no detail.

HMRC : bigger budgets to get benefit cheats.

All very populist so far but no major headlines to report

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Didn't catch the whole broadcast.Didn't seem to be any big surprises or did I miss something!?
Thought Johnson's reply was so poor it was bordering on the embarrassing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
This is the BBC's view on the headlines

The key announcements:

About 490,000 public sector jobs likely to be lost
Average 19% four-year cut in departmental budgets
Structural deficit to be eliminated by 2015
£7bn in additional welfare budget cuts
Police funding cut by 4% a year
Retirement age to rise from 65 to 66 by 2020
NHS budget protected; £2bn extra for social care
Schools budget to rise every year until 2015
£30bn capital spending on transport
Permanent bank levy

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone listening to this (It's on 5 live and probably on the telly).

I tried to, but just couldn't bear it, as it [as with any other commons debate] turned into a pathetic, juvenile pantomime.

"So in esscence what we are trying to do is be fair"

*hear, hear. Hoorah. Lots of back-slapping*

"We all have to share the burden"

*boo, boooooo, "Rubbish" liars, boo"

"He's behind you"

*oh, no he isn't*

etc
etc

Pathetic, childish twats.
Get on with discussing things in a sensible grown up manner, and just perhaps there would be a few minutes left at the end of each commons session to actually get a bit more done.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i never get the feeling that johnson is in command of what he's saying, which is a bit embarrassing.

but saying that the tories had just done what a lot of them joined politics to do was BANG ON.

I tried to, but just couldn't bear it, as it [as with any other commons debate] turned into a pathetic, juvenile pantomime.

"So in esscence what we are trying to do is be fair"

*hear, hear. Hoorah. Lots of back-slapping*

"We all have to share the burden"

*boo, boooooo, "Rubbish" liars, boo"

"He's behind you"

*oh, no he isn't*

etc
etc

Pathetic, childish twats.
Get on with discussing things in a sensible grown up manner, and just perhaps there would be a few minutes left at the end of each commons session to actually get a bit more done.

I never bother to listen to Commons 'debates' for this reason, but made an exception today as it was so significant (from a professional standpoint). It was even worse than I remember, I can't believe how pathetic the whole lot of them are. Seeing CMD and Clegg mouthing/gesticulating at the opposition benches (who I'm sure were doing it right back at them) made them look about 6 years old.

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Johnson's reply was sometimes funny, but lacked any substance really. It may be the case, as Osborne kept saying, that Labour don't really have a plan for the economy.

It's quite sad to see that such an important announcement was often interrupted by heckling of MPs to which The Speaker had to interject and call for order. Before PMQs (Cabinet questions) many of the audience where just happily chatting away with no regard for what was happening and interrupting proceedings.

To quote Raleigh, of The Apprentice fame, "It was shameful".

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not least becasuse most of them will get pretty big redundancy payments and pretty big periods of notice

And you know this do you?

I work in the Public Sector and face the prospect of the dole along with my wife and I can guarantee you that we wont be leaving with massive payouts.

Going from 2 income to zero wont be a barrel of laughs either

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Nice C & P, what next? JFK's speach to the nation?

Do me a favour? Check your facts.

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF...+buddy.+And+then+tell+me+its+the+easy+option.

that link, is a google of my "C and P", tell me what that top link is? Tell me what other results show up?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here