Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
tedebear said:
Oh dear god - I thought that when we sung GOSBTS was the only time we were united in one true voice as unified fans of the mighty blue and white - but alas my dream is shattered - we're a devided group of arguementatives all the time :(

;)

no we're not:angry: :angry: :angry:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its still going.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If we all sang the proper words, would this thread have started?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
if 1066s mum had crossed her legs, would this thread have been thought of at all?

modell

Sep 13, 2005
Brighton
Slightly OT, but in the Blaydon Races song is it "Going down the Shoreham Road" or "Going down Old Shoreham Road". Diff versions on Tim Carders site and Wikipedia. I always sing "the" is that wrong? Pedants debate...

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
modell said:
Slightly OT, but in the Blaydon Races song is it "Going down the Shoreham Road" or "Going down Old Shoreham Road". Diff versions on Tim Carders site and Wikipedia. I always sing "the" is that wrong? Pedants debate...

i always sing THE :) but what is it at the start of the song? i've always just guessed at "oh, lads," but is it correct? please someone tell me the answer to my issues, this is just one of many.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
modell said:
i can't believe what i've just read there :angry: :angry: :angry:

where was the Goldstone sited? :angry: :angry:

was it "Shoreham Road" or might it have actually been "Old Shoreham Road"...? :angry: :angry: :angry: singing about "The" Shoreham Road would make us sound like everyone else's version of that song including Palace's :angry:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Moshe Gariani said:
i can't believe what i've just read there :angry: :angry: :angry:

where was the Goldstone sited? :angry: :angry:

was it "Shoreham Road" or might it have actually been "Old Shoreham Road"...? :angry: :angry: :angry: singing about "The" Shoreham Road would make us sound like everyone else's version of that song including Palace's :angry:

I have to agree with MG!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Brovian said:
Never mind Norman Wisdom the version we sing should be:

"Going up AND WE'LL win the Cup" not "TO win the Cup" which only made sense when we were playing Man Utd at Wembley in 1983. Anybody who still sings "Going up to win the Cup" in 2006 is a thick, ignorant, straw-brained dullard.

..... and relax.

(I may have mentioned this before .....)

and I may have agreed with this in the past!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Kent Seagull said:
and I may have agreed with this in the past!!
Ah Kenty me old mate, I could have done with you yesterday! Fighting a losing battle I'm afraid with a load of youngsters! Kids of today eh?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Brovian said:
Ah Kenty me old mate, I could have done with you yesterday! Fighting a losing battle I'm afraid with a load of youngsters! Kids of today eh?
:lolol: you could start a campaign for a Singing "And We'll" Section at Falmer and offer instruction classes for the under 50s...

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
brightonfan_86 said:
And we're going up to win a trophy for Sussex By The Sea, just doesn't have that uumphh I am affraid Mark.

And so you are in agreement with me Kev?:lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can we have special permission to sing our version at Lords on Saturday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here